“Awesome experience! Well maintained property.”

Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice and cozy. The overall resort property is beautiful. The staff was also nice and cooperative. Food quality is decent. We went for a company conference and had been in property for 2 nights and 2 days.

They made the experience memorable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ravi P

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Sheraton Udaipur Resort is a favorite of many Ahmedabad dwellers like me. I have stayed here 3-4 times in the past 3 years and have always been happy with the decision. The reasons are many - Good property, comfortable rooms, awesome food spread and quality especially the breakfast and dinner. Overall a great 'Value for money' preposition.

The service quality is good but drops a little during the marriage season especially if there is a large gathering/ party in the hotel.

Overall a good 4 starts for the team and the property.

Room Tip: Choose Lake View rooms for the view and Club rooms for real estate
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just returned from a 3 day corporate training visit to Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa.

First thing that comes to mind is the look. Quite beautiful and well maintained. Rooms particularly were very spacious.

They have huge conference halls that accommodated the whole lot of about 400 members from our company for 2 days of sessions. The grounds outside are also huge, good for the various field activities planned therein.

The menu ( of course pre-decided by our company for this large group ) was limited but food was very tasty.

On one evening, cultural program was organized by our company, that was venued on the rooftop terrace and it was a good experience.

Minor irritants, however, like the card type door keys would stop working off and on. Many of our colleagues struggled , but were informed that this was due to placing the keys along with mobile phones. Problem promptly rectified even at 1 in the night for everyone who faced it.

They did have a pool and reasonable landscaping but Pool side didn't impress. Mosquitoes at night time reduced the fun at the poolside. A broken shower upon reaching the hotel (which promptly got replaced upon request) didn't impress either.

Room service was a bit slow, but can't really blame when the hotel is so full with all guests arriving at the same time and following the same timelines for breakfast, lunch ,dinner, activities, outdoor travel etc.

But all said and done, it was still a great time staying and enjoying there.
I would say its worth a try.

Room Tip: Our room on -1 floor (Room 1043 ) was very good - quiet, with a partial view of the poolside, though...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Sheraton Udaipur Resort & Spa is the worst Starwood Property. The Hotel is a Hell when we talk about the Services. We Stayed there in the last leg of our Rajasthan Road Trip wherein we covered the whole Rajasthan starting from Ajmer, Pushkar, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur & Mount Abu.

At First, talking about the Hotel Cleanliness, the Hotel Roof is Broken which is unacceptable for any 5 Star property. The Room Window Pane is extremely Dirty and covered with Pigeon Droppings. All over the Hotel, there are seepages on the wall including the room, which is very unhygienic

Talking about the Services, it is much worse and will leave any guest angry. In the Restaurant serving staff is extremely inadequate and don't know how to handle large crowd. The Rooms are not Cleaned properly. During our 2 days stay after cleaning the House keeping have not left any Towels in the Bathroom. Also our Room Bed Sheets were not changed on the second day

Talking about their Room Amenities :
1. The Bathrobes were not present and we have to ask them at Reception.
2. The Bathroom Slippers were not supplied when we asked, the reception sent 2 different types after 30 minutes.
3. Shower is not above Tub or in a separate cubical but in the Open are and not covered which wets the whole bathroom, it looks messy.
4. The Water Pressure in the W.C. was very less, so it does not clean when flushed the first time.
5. The Toilet Paper Stand was broken.
6. The Bath Gel was kept near the washbasin but not in the Shower area.
7.The Cable TV reception was extremely bad. Even the 3 Star Hotels also keep Set Top Boxes but this 5 Star Property don't think it is necessary. Also the Sound and the Picture of the TV is so bad that is is extremely un-watchable.
8. In the game room the Pool Table Lights are not working and there was no attendant to help. 9. The Room A.C. was not cooling enough even at 5 degree setting.

Above all At Check-out, we waited for 40 minutes and called reception 3 Times to get our luggage from room but still nobody turned up and we have to take the luggage to our Car on our own.

The Hotel did not leave anything to ruin our holidays.

Please do not go to this Hotel if you want to have a pleasant stay in Udaipur.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dipankar01
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Was there with my family....really a romantic destination - makes you see the fatehsagar lake all the day..

And say what its got an amazing travel desk to take you around the city.....

On top food quality and pool is amazing...

Room Tip: Try taking lake view rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed in this property with my wife around 6 months back. While the service was okay, we had a terrible experience on the last day when we were about to leave. After taking our luggage out of the room, we still had an hour or two to kill before leaving the hotel as ur flight was still sometime away. We kept our luggage at the reception area and informed the hotel personnel there that we would spend sometime in the hotel restaurant before heading out. After we finished lunch, we came back and my wife was puzzled as she was unable to sight our luggage. She asked me to inspect and I said relax, they must have kept it inside, somewhere safe and there is no question of any mishap and not to worry. We still had 15-20 minutes to leave the hotel. I had already arranged for a taxi to pick us up. Still she insisted on checking it out once. Thankfully I agreed and I went to check my luggage at the reception.

When I asked, they said "what luggage". There was one medium size suitcase and I back-pack with all our ticket, documents and also money. I was shell shocked. They said they it must have been shifted to some place else and they will update me in 5-10 minutes. Good amount of their staff got engaged in this search. There manager came out and after 15-20 minutes of investigation, told me that few of the delegates staying there for a conference had just left 30 mins before me and one of them "most likely" took my luggage with them. The luggage was allegedly identified by one of those guests as their own and the hotel personnel who handed over the luggage to that guest, l did not care to check the room tag on the luggage to match it with that of the guest. :|

I was shocked. It was time for us to leave the hotel to catch our flight and our luggage was missing with no definite whereabouts. Within minutes our whole trip and vacation turned into a nightmare and my wife was very very upset about the whole thing. I requested them to immediately contact the bus which was carrying those guests and ask the driver to stop it and search for my luggage. The manager said it might not be possible. I was shocked again. After some arguing he instructed the driver to stop the bus and search for my bags. Thankfully it was identified.

A cab was arranged for us and a hotel personnel came with us to the airport to see that we get back our luggage fine.

I asked the manager to keep me informed of their investigation result so as to how and why something like this happened, but expectedly, got no reply.

This highlights the prime issue we faced with this property throughout our stay. As pointed by some others as well, some of the hotel staff is not trained properly or are not much experienced. They are not very professional in there conduct as well. We had to call repeatedly for a few things and the delay was a normal thing.

Room Tip: Avoid if possible. If no option, go for 1st/ 2nd floor rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at this property in Jan14 for a week. Nice location of the hotel over looking the Fateh Sagar lake. Very affordable luxury compared to other luxury options in Udaipur which are sky high. The breakfast is simply never ending and the property also has a lot to explore in itself. Highly recommend this place for luxury at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Do ask for the lake view rooms at some nominal extra charge. It will be worth it when you wake up in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple