“Sushma's class is great!”

Sushma's Cooking Classes
Ranked #4 of 14 Food & Drink in Udaipur
More attraction details
Owner description: Over the past 15 years, Sushma has been providing cooking classes to foreign guests who have travelled to India from all different parts of the world. If you sign up for one of her classes, you will enhance your knowledge of cuisine, develop your own cooking skills and indulge yourself in an unforgettable, traditional Rajasthani celebration of food under the guidance of this passionate and experienced teacher! Sushma’s love for cooking began at the young age of 10 while watching her grandmother cook traditional Indian meals for her family. After dipping into many spice jars and creating her own unique Indian dishes, Sushma quickly found her place in the kitchen. Sushma admits she truly is a lover of food and for this reason when she is in the kitchen, she appears as graceful and contented as a queen in her palace. She is most alive and vibrant when sharing the wealth of knowledge she has about food with others who have an appreciation for food.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband, a friend of mine and I were in look for a great cooking class. We got referred to Shushma's and from the get go we felt really comfortable with her. She is knowledgeable, genuine and pleasant. We learned how to make 5 dishes and got more recipes to take home. Also, you get to eat what you Shushma showed you how to make, so tell her you want to it upstairs! You'll have a fantastic view from the hotel's rooftop!

All reviews
"indian cooking"
in 12 reviews
"masala chai"
in 11 reviews
"great teacher"
in 9 reviews
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 3 reviews
"two hours"
in 6 reviews
"north indian"

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a must do if you visit Udaipur. My partner (a vegetarian) and I (who does not eat much veg at all!) took a class recently. Not only did we learn a lot but we also enjoyed an amazing meal - as a non veggie I was surprised I liked it as much as I did. Now I am looking forward to cooking more vegetarian food at home. Sushma was very friendly and happy to answer all of our questions. This was certainly excellent value for money and a fun way to send a few hours. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.....

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Sushma made it look easy and fun. The best part was the food was DELICIOUS!! After almost 2 weeks in India, I was beginning to loose interest in the food until taking Sushma's class. Her knowledge of spices and technique inspired me to try recreating some of the dishes at home (New York City). Delicious food!!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Had a lovely time cooking with Shushma in Udaipur. All the dishes tasted fresh — much nicer than what you'd find in a restaurant, and the price was reasonable considering the service: a very intimate class followed by a gracious, relaxed dinner. The butter paneer was a highlight, as were the ultra-light chapatis.