“Perfect”
Review of Hotel Nayee Haveli

Hotel Nayee Haveli
Ranked #38 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights here in August 2012. I had read reviews and certainly lived up to them!

We had a 1200 rps room, it was really nice, spacious, large comfy bed, very nicely decorated, good bathroom, window seat with views over the lake and fairy lights in the ceiling.

The rooftop restaurant was very nice. Very reasonable price and the best food we ate in udaipur and amazing views. It had WiFi although wasn't working when we were there apparently down to cables being disrupted in town.

My biggest praise of this hotel is for Rahil (the owner). He was incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. He welcomed us with pakoras, told us all about the local festivals and attractions with very refreshing honesty. He would dissuade us from using the facilities such as laundry as it was cheaper next door and recommended nice restaurants over his own even though we found his nicer!! He even took us to a authentic Rajasthan restaurant quite a distance away in his car,had a lovely meal with good company and even picked up the whole bill!
He treats his guests like family and was an amazing experience being there.

Highly recommended and will definitely return

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank aledj2
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nayee Haveli

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Owner Rahil is a gentleman, picking us up from the bus station at 5am in his own car, taking us out for a local thali and giving us a discount on the agreed price of the lake view room from 1800 to 1300 a night. Restaurant service was variable, on the whole good, but a lot of choice within 5 min walk. Decent taylor 5 min walk owned by guest house owner, Sandouk, ordered taylor made merino wool British cut suit for ~£150, a bargain if you know about suits.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

I can't describe how I enjoy so much this hotel. I totally recommand anybody to stay there. I travelled 2 weeks in the North of India and this hotel was easily the best I got. It's super cheap, they are super nice and the rooftoop is amazing ! The boss woke up at 5 to come to open us the door when we arrived (he doesn't leave at the hotel) and he helped us to book a cab to go to the airport when we left. If I come back in Udaipur in the future, I will return there for sure.
Sylvain (a French guy who stayed 2 nights there and enjoyed it a lot)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

What a place to unwind as the sun sets over the city of lakes!!! Very friendly staff/owner Rahil, rooms were top class and the restaurant roof terrace has the most amazing views. Located right in the heart of town too highly recommend this place to anyone in Udaipur!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matty_turner13
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel was my second home from home. I really liked everything about it. I stayed there for three night, but i was a regular at the restaurant. The view was amazing from the rooftop restaurant. The food was really good and specially I loved their chicken noodles hhehe. The staff was helpful and great and already I miss Daniel and the Boss man.
Hope to come there real soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the top room and it was so great. The shower was always hot and toilet was not to bad...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at Nayee Haveli in February this year. I booked well in advance but it seemed our reservation was lost. Luckily they had a room, though they had to clean it before we were allowed in.

The room was great, fantastic views and pretty clean. The hotel is in a great location.

The other issue we had came when we had to pay our bill. The manager insisted we not pay for food or anything until the end of our stay, we tried to tell him we didn't want to do this, and even though we knew better, we still did what he asked.

I made a list of everything we ate while there and when it came time to pay the morning of our departure the manager was nowhere to be found, nor were any other staff. We found somebody at the internet cafe below the hotel and they called the manager, he asked us how much our bill was, then told us to leave the money with the internet cafe.

All was well as we departed for our next location in a taxi arranged by the internet cafe until the driver got a call from the manager demanding we owned him more money, which we did not, but he wouldn't listen. he told us to give the driver the extra money which was nearly 1000inr. about a night's accommodation at the hotel. When your traveling on a budget this is a lot of money, but besides that it was money we didn't owe.

This, sadly left a very bad taste in our mouth. It was a nice hotel in a great location with lovely rooms but be warned, pay your bills as they arise and don't let them go until the end!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tammy311
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Aesthetic, beautifully decorated rooms, great location, amazing views..... This place truly provided a much needed relaxing and soothing time after having traveled in India for a while. I indulged in everything, simply.... The terraces provide the most breathtaking views of the lake, and the general vibe of the place is relaxed, friendly and delicious without being too posh... All in all, a fantastic place - it was hard for me to leave!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo