Hotel Nayee Haveli
US$472
Taj Hotels
US$93
US$58
Hotel The Tiger(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Restaurant
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$338
US$100
US$74
US$510
  • Pool
Hotel Aashiya Haveli(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$28
  • Free Internet
US$60
US$30
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunset viewrooftop restaurantplace to staynice lake viewgreat budget hotelcity palacebeautiful udaipurrooms are clean and comfortablehotel ownersecond homeaffordable pricewindow seatwalking distancefantastic locationnice roomhot waterhotel is situated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I was bummed out by my experience here, especially since so many other reviewers had had great things to say...

Rahil was able to book a last-minute room for me, which I appreciated. His email communication was quick and efficient. He arrived at the airport on time and brought me to his hotel free of charge, good service. However, his hotel was very loud...and I'm not a very sound-sensitive person. Music blared from the rooftop restaurant and people were always up and down the stairs, where the sound echoed into the room. The cleanliness of the rooms was average, not great but not bad. But what really got me...

Rahil volunteered to drive me around Udaipur on my first full day in town. I'd seen he'd done this for other reviewers, so I gladly accepted his offer. However, upon entering a few tourist destinations, he insisted I hand the entrance fee to him, then he would get out of the car and pay the gate. For example, he told me the entrance fee for the monsoon palace was 650 rupees. After later research, I found that this was not the case. On top of that, he drove me to a fancy resort for lunch (which was, admittedly, beautiful), but I ended up footing the bill for both of us - not a cheap lunch by any means. I promptly checked out the following morning and found another place to stay. Rahil insisted he'd done nothing wrong, but gave some of my money back anyway. Later that day, he sent me an email, further insisting he'd done nothing wrong, and also telling me he'd felt a strong "connection" with me and that he had romantic feelings for me, begging me to come back.

Despite the other positive reviews, I no longer trust this establishment. Look elsewhere, especially if you are a solo female traveler.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank CADancePants
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The rooms were decent sized and so were the bathrooms. We were quoted 1500 for the room and managed to negotiate it to 1300. We were told that car parking is available but what they actually meant was the street. It's on a really narrow lane and the hotel being situated on a small ghat it's no easy task to travel to the hotel by car and park. There is just about enough space for 2 cars to travel in the main lanes and the lane in which the hotel is situated isn't 2 cars wide. Since it was extremely difficult to park opposite the hotel, we parked at around 50 metres from the hotel the 2nd night and the 2 of the 4 tyres were deflated by the residents/taxiwallahs. (We called and asked the owner whether it was safe to park there and were assured that it is safe). We Started early in the morning next day and realised that the tyres were deflated after travelling a short distance and it took us more than an hour of work to inflate them. There was no tyre shops open at that time and we had to remove the wheels, take them to a petrol pump and inflate the tyres. The food in the hotel was average.

I think it's better to stay in the new city. (Area surrounding foy sagar lake)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelindia32
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This was my first stop on a tour of Rajasthan and the best place I stayed on the whole trip. Rahil took great care of me and all of my travel worries. The hotel is clean and comfortable, he has great drivers that can take you around if you want and it's a good bargain. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is run by Rahil, who is the nicest man we met in Rajasthan. The hotel is a bit rough around the edges (literally - there's still some construction going on), but you'll really struggle to find anything better for the price (we paid 1200 rupees per night).

We stayed for a few nights and there were some major annoyances. The shower had to be fixed, the staff woke up really early one day (5 am) and were walking around and talking outside our room, and we had to ask for little things like soap even though they had lots stocked.

But if you're willing to put up with that, this place is great. The restaurant had really tasty food (much better than the upmarket places we tried out in the city), there's a great view over the lake from the terrace, the rooms are clean, there's free wifi, the location is great for everything in Udaipur, and Rahil will help you with pretty much anything you need.

My only suggestion is that he hires some better staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We are four senior travellers who stayed at this haveli early October. We chose this place because it was reasonably ranked on trip advisor however we paid more than most of the other reviews (AUD$40). It was booked for us by Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive at our request. We are mid - budget travellers and travelled through India for 40 nights and this would have to be the worst accommodation we stayed at. As the couple who had the room below the kitchen it was incredibly noisy until very late at night. The food was very average and the view from the restaurant is very nice however we could have found much better accommodation with a view for less. There are only two rooms with a view and if you don't get one of these your outlook will be a construction site within the hotel. Our rooms were exceptionally small with a tiny toilet which leaked and a shower. The ensuite and bedroom both smelled very musty and unpleasant. The manager as well as the owner did not want to hear any complaints or negative feedback. We would not recommend staying here. It is well positioned but there are many other guest houses in the same vicinity for better value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends