“Best hotel in Udaipur”

Ranked #39 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
London, United Kingdom
“Best hotel in Udaipur”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Rahil is a very kind and honest host. The hotel is located near the lake with a wonderful view.

I got a good rate because I stayed a few days. The room was very nice and clean with lots of light.

If I come back to Udaipur I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Argentum76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Udaipur, India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is wonderfully located right on a Ghat and very close to shops etc. The roof terrace is directly over Lake Pichola, and is a beautiful place to relax and chill out.
The owner was very helpful and friendly and assisted me a lot with travel plans, train and car bookings etc.
My room was comfortable and nicely furnished and I loved relaxing on the window seat and watching the lake.
The owner can arrange excursions to many places you would not otherwise get to see and knows some great restaurants.
As a solo female I felt very safe here and was treated with great kindness.
Thanks Rahil for a wonderful stay, I will be back!

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a lake view room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank julesindia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel Nayee Haveli has a really good location. The rooms are basic but the service is great. The staff made sure I tried the traditional food, and they were always there if I needed help. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We only had one night spare to stay at Nayee Haveli and I wish we had more.

The hotel is located in a prime spot, right on the lake and close to the palace and shops.

Our room was the best budget room we've stayed in across in India. Not only were the rooms clean and located close to rooftop (with splendid view of the lake), they also appeared to have been interior designed! There were feature walls and paintings and decorative pillows, a nice change from the dull budget options we had experienced at other hotels.

Rahil is so friendly and accommodating. He helped us book bus tickets and other transport. He is also a tailor by trade so a great contact if you want to get any fancy clothes made.

We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alice P
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Rahil, the manager, was lovely and took me and my friend out for local typical Rajasthani dinner and always has a smile on his face. Great balcony with multiple levels with amazing view of the lake - must watch the sunsets! Clean and spacious rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ruby H
London
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for three nights in the early February. We had the rooftop room, just under the restaurant. It was one of the best rooms in India which was clean and well furnished. The staff was brilliant and friendly. If (or when) we go back this hotel is definitely where we would stay again. Coupled with the price, which was cheaper than most places across India, this is a gem.

The restaurant was good, but nothing spectacular and we found a few other places we liked better around the city. It wasn't a bad option, just didn't match with the accommodations.

Room Tip: Didn't see the other rooms, but the one on the top floor was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joel S
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really had a good time in this hotel with my friend. The internet connection is quite good too. We got ripped off by a guy who was supposed to give us a tour around Udaipur. He didn't show us anything but took our money. We complained to the hotel manager about our plans which fell in the water....so he arranged a trip for me and my friends. It was simply awesome. Definitely coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the rooms and check whether the showers work. If there are any problems, then you can tell mr...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends