“A Fantasy of Real World”

Chunda Palace Hotel
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at Chunda Palace on Christmas Eve 2011 for 2N 3D with my family. We had a great time at the palace. All the rooms are unique in itself with versatile architecture in each one of them. We stayed in Grand Imperial Suit and Royal Imperial Suit. Apart from the rooms, the view from the 4th & 5th floor is amazing. Its a place to relax and enjoy peace outside of the tense life in metros. The food was also very good weather breakfast or dinner. The best part was that the staff was very supportive and courteous. We enjoyed more staying in the palace rather than visiting the tourist places in Udaipur. On the whole, we had a memorable getaway at the Chunda Palace. I will definately recommend this palace.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and equally good.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at Chunda Palace Hotel for 3 Nights and 4 Days in October of 2011 during the Diwali Holiday.

We were 5 families and had booked 5 rooms with them. We had a great experience especially the service and friendliness of the staff. The other amazing thing was the view and sitting on the terrace. Great view of Udaipur, the city palace, lake palace and Jag Mandir.

Only two points of issue were that two rooms had to be shifted one before the first night and the other after the first night due to problems in the bathrooms. The other issue was the staff being completely overwhelmed during breakfast on two mornings; the hotel wasn't even full.

Overall a great place to hang out and chill, especially on the terrace. It is a little far from the tourist sites in Udaipur but so is the Trident hotel which is next door so not a big deal. We all would definitely recommend Chunda Palace.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank KunalChoksi
Reviewed 24 November 2011

One goes to Rajasthan & does not spend a night in a palace has not completed his trip. While this property is a bit expensive, it definitely is an experience to be at. Every nook & corner of this property makes you feel more like a king. The feeling multiplies once you enter the rooms... They're spacious, grand & well-decorated. While they would get too huge for people frequently travelling for business purpose, for a group of people who our out there just to have a good time, the rooms are truly amazing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Parikhshit
Reviewed 20 November 2011

ok, some here is some facts first:
-taxi from airport to the hotel around 600 Rs
-rickshaw to the City Palace around 150 Rs
-the hotel is literally next door to the Oberoi Udaivillas
-taxi to train station 300 Rs

We were a group of three travellers staying here for two nights for pleisure. This is a good hotel and although its slightly out of town, we found the location to be preferrable to anything else in the town itself because its secluded and quiet. The paintings and decor of the hotel is truly remarkable. If you can, get a tour of the property by Abhishek. The caveat is that a lot of the decor was made for tourists and lacks the traditional (historic) appeal.
The rooms themselves are clean, beds comfortable although we had to get our sheets changed because they had accumulated water dripping from the air conditioner.

BEST THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL: the terrace overlooking Lake Pichola, the Lake Palace and you can see the City Palace at a distance, especially beautiful during the nighttime. I would dubb this, the best view in town.
Dinner at the hotel restaurant (on that same rooftop terrace) is excellent, albeit quite pricey and we found the armada of waitors around us ruiniing the quite tranquil dinner atmosphere.

Good alternatives in terms of food include the Restaurant at the Raj Palace Hotel below the City Palace and Rajasthali close to City Palace.

We would stay here again, even if it was only for the view and the pool. The whole building glows in a honey colour in the sunset.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We are currently spending three nights at this beautiful hotel for our honeymoon at Majestic Udaipur. The hotel is slightly out of town which suits us fine but a short tuc-tuc ride is required for any sights or shopping.
Hotel has all amenities however the only downside I would say is that the front reception staff seem a little 'blazay'. Overall though we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay & would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Had been to Udaipur for a wedding so had stayed here, its a super cool awesome place to be.
Udaipur is a beautiful place if you stay in this hotel it adds your pleasure. Hotel is situated almost in the city so everything is easily accessible. Rooms are just awesome, services are good. Must visit!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adri D
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I spent a month (August 2011) travelling around Rajasthan and booked the six hotels I stayed at directly, having done a lot of research, viewed many many web-sites, and used Trip Advisor to sift out the hotels with superb 'window displays' but poor guest service. Luxury and beauty were the criteria for my hotel selection. I chose five star hotels and four star where the hotel had something exceptional to offer. Chunda Palace was one such exceptional hotel.

The beauty of Chunda Palace can not be overstated, is as shown by their website pictures, and the numerous personal photos attached by guests who have stayed there.

What the photos fail to prepare you for is the absolutely enormous size of the rooms, or the painstaking detail lavished on hand-painting the walls and ceilings. During my four-night stay in a 'Royal Imperial Suite', I had a chance to view the other non-suite rooms, and though they all didn't have separate living rooms, they were by far much larger than any of the double rooms and suites I later stayed in at other hotels.

The major plus points of staying here - a personally signed welcome letter in the room upon arrival, friendly staff willing to help regardless of the request (Rose from their restaurant, was happy to take pictures of me in and around the hotel, and accompanied me to explain to their in-house tailor, that I wanted the same Indian trousers she had!), the staff meeting my breakfast requests, even though I often appeared after they had stopped serving, speaking with members of the family who owned the hotel, and many other small gestures that made my stay a dream ... it really was a case of 'the little things that count' were not overlooked.

My one tiny tiny complaint was, that there was a slight reluctance to provide me with an iron & ironing board, the explanation being that previous guests had often left the iron switched on when not in their room, and this posed a major safety hazard for them. They suggested I use their laundry service for my ironing needs. Upon my insistence, I was provided with an iron & ironing board during my entire stay, and I suggested they make available the simple irons that automatically switch off after eight to ten minutes if not used.

My advice is if you are a perfectionist (as I am), and have high expectations in terms of hotel decor, staff service, and are looking for beauty, tranquillity and great panoramic views, then this is definitely the hotel for you, even if you are a fussy single female traveller like myself!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo