“Marvelous!!!!!”

Chunda Palace Hotel
“Marvelous!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed over here at chunda palace as I already had stayed with this property,this is just a marvelous hotel by location,by infrastructure, by management, by staff and above all its food, when i had the food at restaurant once i thought that I must met to chef( as I also run a small chain of restaurant)but I some how i could not met with the chef as he was busy in the preparation of food.when next day in the dinner I ordered for brownie, the server took the order and after a couple of minutes he refused that sorry sir we don't have brownie it was just irritating for me because my wife is very fond of brownie.after more a couple of minute he came to us and request only for 5 to 8 minutes and told me that our chef is making fresh brownie for you, I just surprised and asked him "if you are jocking with us" how is it possible to make brownie in 5 minutes, I know very well that how much time it takes to make.you can't believe what happened, exactly after 7 to 8 minutes I got the freshly made brownie on my dining table, I were just surprised to see it on the table it was so yummy to eat, it was the best brownie I ever had in my life, I could not stop myself to met with the chef I met the chef who made the brownie, I hope his name is chef tyagi, I wanted to carry him with me but, for a while I thought that its not good to steal someone's man, but I wish him all the best in his future...thank u chef....thank u chunda palace for make our stay most memorable ever.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank loveofparis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Mumbai
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A great treat fpor those who wish to experience the hospitality of Rajasthan ! Regal,royal surroundings,large rooms in the ancient style an excellent swimming pool and easy access to transport.The living room is wonderful and one can spend a lot of time admiring all the decorations.Gracious hospitality and food in the Rajput style.Good for those who want to experience Rajasthan on a reasonable budget !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
delhi
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We chose Chunda on not getting a booking at Trident. And thank god that this happened to us. Mind blowing interiors, we could spend hours only exploring the royal interior designs of Chunda Palace. Rooms was spacious, very comfortable, meticulously cleaned and with amazing royal rajasthani interiors. Bathroom was even better with jacuzzi and marble fittings. There were 2 swimming pools. Terrace restaurant threw an exquisite romantic setting at night. Breakfast was of good quality and had enough variety. Bar was relaxing and royal. Only negative was the view from room. In fact there was no view at all. Staff was very courteous. Perfect for those who wants to have a feel a rajasthan royalty without spending a fortune. Recommended completely.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Pune, India
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at Chunda Palace in September 2013 just for a night, with friends. The hotel has nice Rajasthani-style architecture. We stayed at the Palace Room and were quite pleased with it. The room was huge, clean, and decorated very colourfully. The bed was also really big and we had a nice spacious sitting area in a windowed alcove which doubled as an extra bed. The bathroom was again really big with twin basins, and had a "jacuzzi" that was unfortunately leaking. The hotel sent someone to fix this however, it was leaking again the next day.
The roof-top restaurant here serves good food and the morning buffet was really nice. There was a lot of choice, both, Indian and continental.
The staff is courteous and always ready to help.
My friends and I had a problem locating the hotel though. We had to pass through some really narrow and crowded streets, kept losing our way, and no one seemed to know of the hotel. So, if you're driving to Chunda Palace, I'd recommend you call them in advance and ask for directions.
One last important thing: this hotel is located away from Lake Pichola and the hustle and bustle of Udaipur. This can be a pro or a con depending on how you see it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were so substantially impressed with the Chunda Palace, that I meant to write a review on our return. Due to the chaos that is my life, I have only now sat down to congratulate all concerned for a holiday that exceeded all expectations.

We were fortunate to enjoy a 5 day visit to India paid for by some very dear friends. They treated us to the experience of a lifetime. It was with some trepidation that we then continued our holiday - moving to the CPH. What an absolutely amazing surprise to find that we had booked in to such an exquisite, quality hotel. I have never been so utterly overwhelmed as I was on experiencing the warm welcome we received and by the sumptuous decor. The enormous marble bathroom and even more enormous bedroom with four-poster bed and luxurious bed linen, made our stay fantastic. The staff were the best we had ever experienced and we felt that we had been welcomed into a marvellous home. We were invited into the kitchen and shown the glorious spices - the smells were divine and the chefs clearly enjoyed our interest. When we met the owner, he was delighted to receive our praise. There was one small cloud on the horizon, when I thought I had lost my phone. I can only apologise for the mayhem I caused. The staff took my problem very seriously and the hotel went into a "lock down" situation. The staff where faultless in their care and attention to detail and my phone was located - in my room!!! In spite of the trouble I had caused, the professional and caring attitude of all concerned (especially the owner's son) spoke volumes about their integrity. Special thanks to all the staff - especially Gagendra and Chuchinilal (sorry if spelt incorrectly) and the impossibly beautiful and "bend over backwards to help you" receptionist. An absolutely first class performance. I look forward to the day that I have the opportunity to return. Thank you.

Room Tip: maybe at the end of a corridor - hard floors and heavy doors may disturb lighter sleepers
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Since you check-in in this hotel you notice how special it is. Decoration is very picturesque.

Personnel at the lobby are very friendly and eager to help. In fact all personel I addressed during my stay are so.

I was there in August and hotel was quite empty. Rooms are very ample but could use some revamp. Bathrooms are also large and with jacuzzies. Sleep quality is very good.

There is an indoor swimming pool and an outdoor one at the terrace, near the restaurant.

Views from the terrace are great.

I didn't have lunch or dinner but breakfast was quite limited in choices.

Wifi is available through the hotel although reception was not so good from my room.

This is not a luxury hotel but I enjoyed its originality. Service level and features were good enough.

I would return. Recommended

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Meridio
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This boutique hotel was built with heavy influence of the Rajasthani heritage. Albeit new, the moment you entered the hotel, you would be transported into a cultural trip. The staffs are very friendly that they took us around the hotel and show us various types of rooms and the common areas. The receptionist took a bit longer to check us in but we cant really complain cos they allow us to check in as early as 8 AM!

We didnt get the chance to use the pool which looks amazing & most importantly, clean! But we had dinner in the restaurant and the taste was superb! Breakfast was just ok though. Restaurant for dinner is highly recommended and has a very romantic setting [outdoor seating with local musicians]

Location wise, it is right next to Trident and Taj Oberoi, so you need to take auto rickshaw to get to the touristy area i.e. city palace etc.But I did enjoy the quietness in the evening.

Recommended!