“Royal Palace”

Chunda Palace Hotel
Mumbai
“Royal Palace”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

An excellent Palace hotel! The rooms are huge and spacious. Each and every room has an inbuilt jacuzzi with a tub, and one must use this for sure during the stay!
The view from the terrace is amazing. There is an indoor and an outdoor pool. From the pool on the top floor, one can have an fantastic view.
The food is pretty good, but expensive. We had a package of dinner and breakfast, but if we didn't have that, we might have eaten outside!
We were upgraded to a suite, which is even more awesome, and feels like a mini cricket pitch!!
There was a horrible smell in our earlier room - in the old Buiding, I. The left side corner. Avoid this room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Evreux, France
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Amazing old style hotel with modern amenities and services.
The roof top dining and pool have fantastic views of the lake and palaces (which is what Udaipur is all about).
The service, hospitality and welcome from all staff was first class.
The decor has to be seen to be believed. It certainly deserves the title 'palace'.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ontario canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Location is excellent. The hotel is stunning and the rooms are to die for. Feel like royalty and be treated that way too. Hotel staff was the best I have ever experienced. The service and food were top rate. Loved the pool and especially eating outside and taking in the amazing view. They have amazing garlic naan

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Exceptional place to stay in Udaipur. From the moment we checked-in to our departure was just luxury! The hotel is well located and the staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. Mr. Arbind Kumar Prasad, Assistant Front Office Manager, checked us in and we were given a palatial room - the ambience is just mind-blowing! He was extremely efficient and polite and courteous and together with Mr. Vaibhav Ameta, Senior Front Office Associate, ensured that we were treated like royalty. We are checking out very early tomorrow morning but nothing is any trouble for the staff - we will have breakfast to carry at 4.30 in the morning! This hotel has absolutely stunning artwork and facilities. We are sad that we could not stay longer but will definitely like to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be exceptional!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jayant S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 October 2013

superb place to stay in udaipur .it is a traditional palace with modern amenities and great works of art . rooms are palatial and each bathroom has an inbuit jacuzzi . the roof top swimming pool is great place to unwind . gret view from terrace of entire surrounding lakes . food is superb . the hotel is centrally located .

Room Tip: take a room on higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Chunda Palace left us with ambivalent feelings about the property. The hotel is located in a quiet area not too far from the city centre, has amazing views from the terrace esp. in the evenings & serves delicious food. We also got an upgrade to a huge suite which was terrific.

Some might find the decor nice but we found it a bit kitschy & over the top. The food in the restaurant is really pricey. Though delicious, this makes it difficult if you want to have most meals at the hotel during a longer stay. One of the waiters was really rude to us and ruined our mood for the day. The hotel definitely needs to better the service levels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PurpleBeans
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed over here at chunda palace as I already had stayed with this property,this is just a marvelous hotel by location,by infrastructure, by management, by staff and above all its food, when i had the food at restaurant once i thought that I must met to chef( as I also run a small chain of restaurant)but I some how i could not met with the chef as he was busy in the preparation of food.when next day in the dinner I ordered for brownie, the server took the order and after a couple of minutes he refused that sorry sir we don't have brownie it was just irritating for me because my wife is very fond of brownie.after more a couple of minute he came to us and request only for 5 to 8 minutes and told me that our chef is making fresh brownie for you, I just surprised and asked him "if you are jocking with us" how is it possible to make brownie in 5 minutes, I know very well that how much time it takes to make.you can't believe what happened, exactly after 7 to 8 minutes I got the freshly made brownie on my dining table, I were just surprised to see it on the table it was so yummy to eat, it was the best brownie I ever had in my life, I could not stop myself to met with the chef I met the chef who made the brownie, I hope his name is chef tyagi, I wanted to carry him with me but, for a while I thought that its not good to steal someone's man, but I wish him all the best in his future...thank u chef....thank u chunda palace for make our stay most memorable ever.

• Stayed September 2013