“Great stay”

Chandra Niwas Homestay
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Chandra Niwas is home stay where u can find peacefull environment and real taste of indian culture and daily habbits of Indian family. Samvit and his parents are ready to give u lots of usefull tips where to go and what to see in Udaipur and meeting the kids from the community center, run by Samvit was on of the best experience in my life. Totally recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nancy, France
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Chandra Niwas is a lovely place with beautiful people. Samvit and his parents welcome you in a cheerful and pleasant atmosphere, try to make you comfortable with a chai and give you several advices for a perfect trip in the beautiful city of Udaipur.

It’s really like home with an indian family who takes care of you. No fancy, no sparkles, just a simple room with bed and private bathroom. A chilling area on the roof. In a isolated neighborhood, far away from the mass but just 10 min from the downtown in Rickshaw.
But the best is that Chandra Niwas Travel is able to organise a journey very unusual, very “Indian”, which includes a lot of activities, cultural, gastronomic and mostly a real human experience.

Chandra Niwas and Chandra Niwas Travels are the best if you want to live something different of the traditional touristic trip.

It was amazing for me. I was travelling by myself and I have no regret. I'll never forgot this experience and all the friends I've met !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at this B & B, I tried, crossing the threshold, wonder, joy in having found a "treasure" in the center of udaipur, with the added bonus of a luxurious intimacy that makes you feel at home. Probably the soul and character of this "jewel" fully reflects the kindness, friendliness and good taste of the owners.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bocas Town, Panama
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This home stay is a peaceful place a little outside the city. Samvit is a great host. He came to pick me up when I arrived and showed me around the city. He and his family treated me as though I was part of their family. It is easy to get around from there. This home is full of good food and great people.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Udaipur, India
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am approaching the 3-week mark as a guest here at Chandra Niwas homestay, and truly wish I could stay longer. From the moment I met Samvit upon my arrival in Udaipur he has been nothing less than kind, caring, supportive, informative, and helpful to me and the other guests. He and his lovely parents, Mama & Papa, are such warm people, who make me feel like I am a part of their family. When you stay here with this wonderful family in their beautiful home, you will enjoy wi-fi, hot showers, safe/clean rooms, delicious food, fun games, and laughter, and you will certainly make fond memories!

Their home, Chandra Niwas, is situated in a quiet residential neighborhood outside of the city, which is a nice change of pace from the hectic city centers in which I have stayed throughout other parts of India. If you are traveling to India with the intentions of connecting with and learning from residents of Udaipur and local villages, Chandra Niwas is the perfect homestay for you. I had the most wonderful drive through the hills with Samvit yesterday morning, taking in the mountain and lake views, asking questions, and listening/learning. In the afternoon, I found myself on the lovely rooftop patio enjoying a hot cup of chai (they make the BEST here!) and talking with Papa about life experiences and differences in our cultures. This is why I came to India! If you are also seeking a meaningful experience in India, I encourage you to stay at Chandra Niwas and immerse yourself in genuine Indian culture over an extended period.

A heartfelt "thank you" to Samvit, Mama, Papa and all of the guests with whom I have had the pleasure of getting to know during my stay at Chandra Niwas! This experience has been one of the best of my entire life :)

Namaskar...

Holly

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Amazing way to get to know indian culture, such as food, religion, clothing, traditions... Perfect for backpackers and people looking for a real Indian experience.
Really nice hosts that will make you feel like home
DAAN foundation is the best part of it :)

• Stayed March 2013
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Staying at Chandra Niwas, along with Samvit and his family was a very nice experience. I was supposed to merely pitstop for a night, going from Mumbai to Delhi, but their hospitality and welcoming attitude made me stay on. Samvit was also most helpful with tips and arranging local sight-seeing tour. I had a great time talking and discussing different things, and also enjoyed the local visit for a heritage walk with him. I recommend the stay wholeheartedly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo