“Family for Life”

Chandra Niwas Homestay
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Chandra Niwas is the without a doubt, the best place to stay in Udaipur for me. Beautiful family, there to help every step of the way. Great food and facilities, and a real taste of local life.Chandra Niwas will have a special place in my heart forever

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca-Cam

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was in udaipur for the first time and was told about chandra niwas through a friend. I stayed there for 10 days, felt like I never left my home and family.
Samvit and his family make me feel so special and important as if they knew from before.
Touring udaipur was so simple with samvit checking the local food, shopping, art, forts and historic sites, samvit was always there regards to any help I needed locally.
I would definitely recommend this place for people who want a Home Away from home.
Trust me you will love it.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank singhsikander11
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here whilst traveling around India on my own and i was made to feel so welcome. I loved being here and was given some excellent tips on the best things to see around Udaipur! Samvit and his parents really made me feel like one of the family and this was priceless as i was feeling very homesick at the time. I would highly recommend a stay at Chandra Niwas i am sure everyone will have their own unique experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Staying at Chandra Niwas was a nice break from my travels. I felt very safe and Samvit and his family were great hosts and the accommodation was comfortable and clean. I definitely plan on returning, if only for some more chai!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staying at chandra niwas ,along with samvit and his family was very nice experience.This home stay is peaceful place little outside the city.
From the moment i met samvit upon my arrival in udaipur he has been nothing less than carrying,informative,kind,supporting and helpful to me and other guests.I had a great time talking and discussing different things.He and his family treated me as though i was part of their family.
I recommend the stay whole heartedly.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Chandra Niwas is home stay where u can find peacefull environment and real taste of indian culture and daily habbits of Indian family. Samvit and his parents are ready to give u lots of usefull tips where to go and what to see in Udaipur and meeting the kids from the community center, run by Samvit was on of the best experience in my life. Totally recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Chandra Niwas is a lovely place with beautiful people. Samvit and his parents welcome you in a cheerful and pleasant atmosphere, try to make you comfortable with a chai and give you several advices for a perfect trip in the beautiful city of Udaipur.

It’s really like home with an indian family who takes care of you. No fancy, no sparkles, just a simple room with bed and private bathroom. A chilling area on the roof. In a isolated neighborhood, far away from the mass but just 10 min from the downtown in Rickshaw.
But the best is that Chandra Niwas Travel is able to organise a journey very unusual, very “Indian”, which includes a lot of activities, cultural, gastronomic and mostly a real human experience.

Chandra Niwas and Chandra Niwas Travels are the best if you want to live something different of the traditional touristic trip.

It was amazing for me. I was travelling by myself and I have no regret. I'll never forgot this experience and all the friends I've met !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo