“Excellent place for stay !!!”

Raas Leela Luxury Camps
Ranked #12 of 202 Speciality Lodging in Udaipur
Udaipur, India
“Excellent place for stay !!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After a long journey, we stayed at something different place - Raasleela just 2 days back & it was our memorable time there !
What a nice view of Lake, City Palace and mountains here,
Very tasty food & good service !
Nice Rooms & Setup, Excellent place,
Full marks to all, Congrats Team :)
We will come again Surely, Thanks a Ton !

Room Tip: No. 5, 6 Cottage & No. 9 has balcony also
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location and view from the property. However diffcult to reach as road connectivity and nearby traffic is not good.Airconditioner of our cottage failed which spoilt our entire holiday.Staff and Management had no solution for the issue and the response was too poor, to an extent that we finally decided to change the room after a night stay.Food is good.Over all a bad experience as you need peace of mind,relaxation and good services/response on a holiday rather than just view and good food.I will not recommend this for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TME_Hotels_Resorts, Owner at Raas Leela Luxury Camps, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We regret for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us due to insufficient cooling by our room air conditioner, as this was a technical fault i hope you will understand that it was beyond our control. Also you were aware that we were sold to our capacity and that's the reason we couldn't offer you another room with us.

Understanding the inconvenience caused to you, we have already refunded you in full for the night you stayed with us to the agency you made booking with.

I hope you got the complete refund of that night.

Please give us another chance in future to serve you and make your stay memorable.
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are looking for perfection regarding the staff (Welcoming you like they have been waiting for you their life long) , the location (Your table is in the grass...yes in the grass, 3 meters or less above lake level which means a tremendeous view on the lake and the city, shortly a sort of dream) , the food (Delicious) and the prices (More than reasonable for what you get. A full meal with one or two non alcoholic drinks will cost you about USD 14.- or EUR 11.- ) you are at the right place. It's not located in the very center of the City but do definitely afford the 20 minute picturesque rickshaw ride (USD 1.70 or EUR 1.35), you won't regret it.

Don't forget that if you want rice or potatoes or what so ever with your meal you have to be clear and order it since it's not automatically included.

Thank you Raas Leela. Of course, generally spoken I loved Udaipur but having taken my (Unfortunately only one due to a very short overstay) evening meal at your place improved my overstay to a sort of dream.

Michel Eindiguer travel agent in Saint Sulpice Switzerland

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NEUTRAL1025
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was my first visit to Udaipur and Raasleela Camp. After lot of research online and offline, finally I booked my three nights four day stay at Rassleela Camp. This is by far the best place you can find to stay and eat in Udaipur (considering all the factors). Perfect Location - breath taking view to lake pichola and lake palace, best price, cozy and romantic independent tents with all modern amenities. Service is pretty nice. Staff is so friendly and always ready to serve you with big smile on their face.

Food - awesome! Although you have limited choices as a vegetarian (for dinner and breakfast), however nothing short of having classic romantic candle light dinner! :)

Only thing I wish if it had better access to main road. You need to walk a bit to reach to the main road and find auto. Certainly, you can call autowala and they can come at doorstep to receive you, but that will be bit costly.

Overall, awesome place! Loved it! Go for it! I'm sure you won't regret.

Room Tip: Rooms adjoining lake pichola for best view.
1 Thank Harshal K
Pune, India
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very happy as soon as I entered the hotel to have a wonderful view. The staff is co-operative. We spent 3 days in Udaipur and were very pleased that we booked Raasleela for our stay. The food quality was excellent.

Room Tip: Choose the last room, toward the lake. Avoid taking 4 wheeler to the hotel.
1 Thank SampadaDB
Versailles, France
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Everything was great in this place. Staff members were the nicest (they arranged flowers on our terrace table during dinner), squirrels were running around far from the city noise but still close enough to go there walking.
The cottages are really nice and comfortable. Breakfasts were really good with choice between continental and Indian. The restaurant is really good (one of the best we had in India) and the view on the lake and fort is amazing.

1 Thank cec1477
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Well I spent couple of days in Udaipur in this luxury tent and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. with my stay at this place here is the summary of PROS and CONS in the hotel:

PROS:
1. Great Location in terms of View
2. Freindly staffs
3. Great service and food.

CONS:
1. Approach Road is such that you have to stop your car atleast 200-250 Meters away from Hotel. Hotel can arrange for Auto, if available with them.
2. Tent Tops can be surely maintained better. There are lot of small birds and other creatures hiding there which cause some noice and nuisance for no good reason.
3. Late check out was not allowed which can be probably attributed to the rush.

OK...... That was the summary....

I reach on Friday Morning with my family and it was good that Raasleela guyz allowed me for early checkin. Breakfast has decent varienty (except South Inidan Stuffs) and you can enjoy the same and we enjoyed the same. Room AC was working fine and he had a decent sleep before having our lunch. At night, when we returned from Chittor.... Hotel arranged for an Auto to pick us up from Masjid Area and we avoided a 250 Meters walk (slightly up hill). Next evening was the best part of our stay. After returning from Kumbhalgarh, I asked for a cup of tea/coffee and a snacks in front of my cottage. Mr. Ram Singh and co arranged it in a romantic fashion with a candle and good amount of rose petals just in-front of our cottage (No food is allowed inside the room). Importantly, this was done without my request. At night, when I ordered for dinner, they arrange one table which was just next to water front and again a very nice romantic setup to sit with my wife. The serving team was nice enough to keep an eye on my little baby who was sleep inside the cottage after the tiring day at Kumbhalgarh and Haldighati. They were checking at a regular interval, if the little kid is wake up and looking for his mom/dad. Other than these, they made little nice arrangement for my kid to eat in evening and night as well. Needless to mention, food was of great taste though little bit on higher side as far as price is concerned.

In addition to that, the cottages have large bathrooms with bath tubs. Hot water is available on morning time but they can make it available on your request as well. The view from hotel is awesome and you can see hotel Taj, Jagmandir and City palace on Lake Pichola just by sitting infront of your cottage. If you are looking for a romatic setup, this hotel is worth the money.

There are some noisy creatures on your tent top which actually spoils some part of the nice tent setup with their excretions. I'm sure hotel managment can do little better on this. There are lot of squirrels on the whole area along with a rabit which my kid enjoyed a lot. But I was little bothered about any possible contamination which these creatures can cause on the food. I requested a late check out on Sunday which they refused probably because of rush on their hotel. But I met few other people from the same hotel who checked out much later in the afternoon. We had a car..... so could manage this well. But if you are planning a late check out this hotel might be a sure no-no.

Overall, it was a good experience. Always.... A great recommendation for young and new couples.... :-)

Room Tip: Choose from room Number 101 or 102. 101 is the best with the broad lake view. You can opt for 107 al...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family