“Nice place in Udaipur”
Review of Hotel Hanuman Ghat

Hotel Hanuman Ghat
Ranked #75 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Hanuman Gath is a nice hotel with friendly staff. It has big, clean rooms, and it is fairly quiet. The roof top with the restaurant is very nice, though the food is quite plain. Unfortunately I had a tight schedule else I would have stayed longer at this place. Both Udaipur and the hotel are great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FRidh
Hanuman G, Manager at Hotel Hanuman Ghat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

thanks for your wonderfull stay at hanuman ghat udaipur , hope to serve you again

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The rooms were quite good for the price and adequately clean.I liked the location of this place.I think you should come here for their friendly service and good terrace view.This place wont burn your pocket and the person managing this place was quite helpful to me.
This place is in close proximity to most of the must visits in Udaipur.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 2712Pulkit

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We came to Hanuman Ghat as it was suggested to us and ended up staying 3 nights. On the Hanuman side of Udaipur, it's away from the hectic build up and hassle of stores/rickshaws. The owner and manager are both very friendly and helpful and quite efficient. They showed us several rooms that they had available that we could choose from, and negotiated an acceptable price as we told them we would stay 3 nights. The rooms/bathrooms are clean and decent sized. Upstairs you have a beautiful terrace that over looks the water (does get extremely hot during day time) where they serve decent breakfast and sandwiches to snack. Every night they show the movie "Octopusy" (James Bond movie that was filmed there), if you have a craving for a movie. And the outside shutter closes around 11pm, so if you want to arrive later you have to open/close the shutter yourself. All of this is all fine. However, the walls are paper thin and unless you have ear plugs you should know now that you're not going to get any sleep. You can hear the other hotel guests walking in and out, as the doors are an effort to open. The kitchen staff sit upstairs till late having a good time fo their own. and the dogs of Udaipur start simultaneously around 1/2 am till early morning. Which means all the orchestration ends up echoing in your room.
It's good value for money and there are more pluses then negatives but if sleep is important to you, then good luck!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cimcimee

thanks for your wonderfull stay at hanuman ghat udaipur , hope to serve you better next time

Reviewed 26 January 2013

The staff of Hanuman Ghat provided a quick check-in as we arrived there at 5 am in the morning. Our room was not to big, but equiped with a mosquito net and clean. The bathroom was clean and big and we had hot shower. We really liked the attached balcony from where we could see the Udaipur lake. There was a bit of noise in the morning from the street, but not to bad. The rooftop restaurant served good food and has an amazing view over Udaipur, especially after sunset.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Micha_Munich

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Firstly, this place is good value as we had a room with a large opening window giving a view of the lake and palace....stunning.

We stayed 5 nights and paid 600R's/night.....great value.

The rooms are 'OK' clean and the restaurant is good and a great place to meet other travellers.

You can walk to the palace, museum, temples and the cable car that at 72R's is great value for a panoramic view of Udaipur.

On the downside we chose a bad time to visit as the eldest son of the owner was getting married.

This meant that on our second night we didn't get any sleep as the wedding party a few streets away kept us awake until around 2am. We didn't have a problem with this as it's a wedding. What we did have a problem with was what happened next. Around 10 wedding guests, including a younger son, chose to party in the rooftop restaurant until 5am. This was right above our heads as we were on the top floor of rooms. I went and asked them to be a little quieter and they laughed. Next day the owner agreed that we didn't have to pay.

2 nights later we had a similar problem as the wedding celebrations continued with more guests with kids staying at the hotel. This lot chose to shout at each other from one floor to the next, run up and down stairs most of the night and generally give us another sleepless night.

The owner was not around, only the younger son, and he was just a jumped up little Hitler. 'You should have come to see me - I was sleeping downstairs'. 'What was the point?' I said, 'when I came to ask you the other night to keep quiet you just laughed at me!' He gave me a Gallic shrug.

In summary, I was unlucky; it is good value although the staircase does echo a lot so if you are a very light sleeper and some guests stomp up and down chatting loudly you will find it hard to sleep. Finally, deal with the Muslim manager and the owner and just avoid the younger son that I cannot describe as I would wish as TA will block my review!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Itcanbedone

Reviewed 2 December 2012

As my second hotel in Udapiur, I was hoping this one would be a bit more comfortable. It was not awful, but was showed the room when it the windows open and had been aired out, when the next day it was very smelly. I know this is common in India, but disappointing. Bathrooms were pretty clean, which was a relief. Sheets are pretty dirty, always good to travel with a sheet in India. Lobby was also very smelly, a smell I can't put my finger on but absolutely off-putting.

Staying there for 2 nights, I have decided to move on and have found a place I think will suit me better. If I weren't planning to stay a week or longer in Udaipur it wouldn't be so bad, a few nights wouldn't be awful.

One other problem is that the rooms are all connected through holes in the walls, at least on the first floor. So I could hear everything from the neighbor's bathroom. And there are transom-style holes above the doors, so you can hear everything that goes on in the stairways or on the landings of the floors. Not the hotels fault, but there was a family staying in the other rooms on my floor and were all running back and forth throughout the night and banging on each other's doors, with no respect to others.

Restaurant was supposedly closed the first night because the owner's relative was getting married, but here is the second night and not anything, not even tea or water service or anything.

Good location, near the foot bridge. Internet works. Kinda.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Annalee I

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed here for 5 days in my udaipur trip. Hanuman ghat area is way better than lal ghat and hanuman ghat hotel is right over the footbridge on Lake pichola, the rooms are well priced, beautiful and clean, The staff is so sweet and helpful and make you feel right at home, they have a rooftop restaurant where you can relax on pillows and enjoy some chai or a delicious chicken tikka. I will stay here again on my next visit in udaipur

Room Tip: If you can afford the little bit extra the balcony side rooms are beautiful but the ones on the back...