“Great food and Service”

Price range: US$1 - US$3
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This restaurant started five years ago and the owners spent years studying the relationship between food, taste, health & the environment. They re-created vegetarian recipes by using alternative grains/millets such as Amaranth, Ragi, etc that are gluten-free & highly nutritious, and made tasty cookies, shakes & desserts that are also vegan. Their delicious salads are washed with filtered water and Indian tacos / chapatti pizzas are quick, tasty snacks. They also offer a full Indian food menu that is organic & tastes incredible. Their juices are made with really fresh vegetables & fruits. The restaurant is situated near the lake with awesome views of the lake, old temple with monkeys & parrots, and of city palace from the 2nd floor. The first floor has mattresses & low-height tables to sit & eat in traditional Indian style.The food is cooked from fresh raw materials so it takes 10-20 min more than usual, and the serving staff communicates which menu item will take long time.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Really fresh food....vast menu and great service. The only vegan food place in Udaipur. A must for tourist visiting Udaipur.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here for both breakfast and dinner. The eggplant curry we ordered was absolutely incredible, one of the best dishes I have eaten on our whole trip of India! My boyfriend was disappointed when we returned the next morning to discover they didn't start selling curries until midday (he was hoping to order the curry for breakfast...it was that good!). But it didn't matter as the breakfast here was even better, the banana and honey pancake made with coconut milk was the best pancake I have ever had (and I order a lot of them out!). The atmosphere here is lovely, great views of city palace, nice artwork and friendly staff. The perfect place to pass a few hours enjoying some delicious food in this lovely city.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Great food so delicious- nice to have some healthier options. Had the banana and date shake which was really nice and definitely try the paneer wrap! Really good with stirfry veges. The curries were really nice too and wish we could've made room for the dessert but we were so full. Wish we were staying closer so that we could frequent it more during our stay

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been to Udaipur twice now, and both times I ate many times at Millets of Mewar. I discovered it early on during my first trip, and kept on returning. The food is fresh and quite unique compared to what is on offer in other parts of India; everything is super clean and safe to eat and even better, everything was so yummy (i mixed it up and visited at different times, so got to try breakfast, dinner, drinks). The staff are great - so friendly and helpful. It does cost a little more than other places in Udaipur, but relatively speaking, it is so cheap for such amazing quality. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Millets of Mewar was wonderful! We stayed in Udaipur for 4 days and came to eat here at least one meal a day as we loved it sooo much and the menu was so interesting and varied we never ran out of exciting and delicious choices. We came here for various breakfasts, a couple of lunches and one dinner.

I have coeliac disease and so was especially grateful for the breakfast options (which were better than many gluten-free breakfast options in UK/European hotels!) ....especially the millet muesli with fruit and coconut milk....mmmmmmm!!!!! I was great to be able to eat chapattis too, as they are also made with millet flour. My boyfriend also raved about the date and almond shakes! The owner said the menu had been developed over the years - and you could tell! Each dish was distinctive and flavoursome and didn't feel too heavy, oily, salty or sweet unlike many other places on our travels.

They have grasped the concept of providing great value and quality food with ambiance. It was the perfect place to relax and eat as it was so peaceful and they played quality background tunes too (like Amadu and Miriam). Granted we were there in the low season (June), so I can only think that those who have given negative reviews or said the service was slow, were there at very busy times, as we felt the service was perfect! They had noticeably taken care to keep visitors happy and provide a relaxing environment.

We also had a cooking class during our visit, which we would also highly recommend. 1700 rupees for two of us and we cooked 5 curries of our choice - then ate them all! :-) yum yum yum! IT was great to get tips for excellent base/curry gravies for making numerous curries, then learning how to jazz this up to turn it into specific distinctive flavours/textures, whist keeping it on the more healthy side.

Lovely restaurant!