“Nice and comfortable”

Hotel Thamla Haveli
Ranked #72 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We really had nice and comfortable stay in the hotel. Wats good is its location and the lake facing views from the room and the roof top. Manager ranjeet and the team was very cooperative and assisted us whenever needed. We wish them all the very best.
In short great stay, value for money, 100 % recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Thamla Haveli

Reviewed 27 December 2012

My compliments to Sanjay and his team. I had a lovely stay at this hotel from 24th Dec to 27th Dec ... although a budget hotel, the room was spacious and airy, the kitchen was excellent and I had some superb meals. Sanjay and his team went out of the way to assist for even the slightest matter and they all made me feel extremely welcome. When I return to Udaipur I will not even bother looking around for other accomodation, I will definitely return to Thamla.

Once again thank you everyone, I had a great stay and can 100% recommend Thamla Haveli.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a lake facing room ... I had room 109 which was like a little flatlet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2012

One of the best place to stay and dine in Udaipur. The view from the restaurant is so beautiful that you don't feel like going from there. The food and service was excellent. The staff was quite helpful, especially Mr. Ranjit.. I would recommend everyone traveeling to Udaipur to check this place. I am sure you will all love it.

Room Tip: The rooms with Lake view are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2012

awesome view of Pichola lake and city palace .. my first time at this place.. awesome service and Mr. Ranjit is very nice guy , he guided me everything about udaipur and other near points...
lake view room is awesome..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Me and my wife decided to stay in Udaipur for our anniversary and we weren't disappointed with our choice. It is a beautiful city with many places to visit and the local people are also very nice.
We read some good reviews about hotel thamla haveli and since it was in our budget we decided to stay here. This hotel has excellent clean rooms and especially the deluxe lake facing rooms were an absolute delight to stay in as they offer a very good view of the pichola lake. The room service is very good and the food served is fantastic. Overall, we were very impressed with the staff. They were thoroughly professional and very helpful. The manager, Mr Sanjay and the caretaker, Mr Ranjeet were very helpful and made us feel special during our stay. They are ready to help and organize everything, be it food or sight seeing. The other staff also was very helpful and smiled always. Our trip was made special because of our excellent stay.
I would recommend this hotel for any leisure stay in Udaipur. It has excellent staff, excellent food and overall fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The hotel has one of the poorest service I've ever seen. The sheets weren't changed, room wasn't cleaned and towels weren't changed either. For the price that they charge, one would expect all such services. Better hotels for much lower rates can be found in the area. The food was good but grossly overpriced. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

i am travelling in India now for over a month and have been to this country before , a long time ago,for three periods of time .So i went in numerous hotels and guest houses all over the place ,north and south .But the view i have from my hotel room here ,in Udaipur , tops it all .The place is decorated in full rajasthani lush ,and the view on the lake and the main city palace is just breathtaking .The architecture from the other side of the water seems middle-aged and perfectly blending in the quietness of the surroundings. The only noise being the echo of women in colourfull saris washing clothes.The rooms have a small enclave furnished with cushions so you can enjoy the fantastic view in a way that only rajahs could have imagined.The sun sets down on the perfectly framed overview from across the lake. Then it rises in your room for the excellent breakfast served by a very friendly staff that includes the owner, Mister Sanjay himself. The hotel is in an area whit narrow streets where you can indulge in numerous shops, boutiques and restaurants. Small Seine-like boats provides you with the overall view, without the noise that seems consistent in this country. No honking, no loud T.V though every rooms provides one .The rooms includes 24hrs hot water service.
I have enjoyed my stay in this peaceful environment
Frank

Room Tip: Take a room with a view on the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo