The name, pictures and description on the website are all exaggerated. The only thing working for them is the view.
1. Night view is spectacular
2. Nothing else :(
1. Haveli (Incorrect information. It is just an old house converted to a "hotel" with the owners staying on the ground floor)
2. Absolutely no service. There is a polite boy serving as the manager, cleaner, service person and I also suspect the cook
3. Moderately clean room. No toiletries
4. Bathroom and toilet was not clean. Further details not needed :(
5. Dimly lit corridors
And the list goes on....
A 2 star property trying to pass off as a heritage Haveli. Maybe good for budget travelers looking to spend substantial amount of time in the city. If you have a few bucks to spare go to the neighboring Pichola Hotel or Hotel Amet Haveli for a true Maharajah feel. In comparison to these, Thamla Haveli is a king who lost his kingdom :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Thamla Haveli is a lovely heritage hotel located at the shoreline of gorgeous Lake Pichola in Udaipur. As the name is suggests, it is built as a traditional Rajasthani mansion known as Haveli. The hotel offers an aesthetic view of the lake, old city & the Aravali mountain ranges. Few of the rooms provides such a lovely view that you'll feel like you are in a boat, not in the hotel. The natural settings, the mesmerizing view of the old city, the mystical music of the lake, enchanting sounds from temples will take you to an another era. Visiting the lake city of Udaipur is great thing, but we assure you that staying at Thamala Haveli is an unique experience.Hotel Thamla Haveli is here to serve you the best in best suitable price. Here you can stay in our comfortable rooms offering lovely lake view. The hotel offers you two dinning options one is the terrace restaurant and the other one is top-terrace restaurant, both the restaurants provides a wonderful dinning experience with the lovely view, romantic ambiance, soft-music and the delicious food. You can have lunch or dinner at our restaurants. Other services offered by us are Credit card acceptance, laundry, travel desk, safe, doctor on call, room service, Internet cafe,STD/ISD telephone etc.Hotel Thamla Haveli has total 10 elegantly appointed guestrooms which includes Deluxe and Standard category. Some of the rooms offers a lovely a view of the old city & the Lake Pichola.All the rooms are tastefully designed & beautifully furnished to offer a comfortable & cozy stays. The room amenities includes attached bathroom with hot and cold water, colour television with cable, room service, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Thamla Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.