“great location, great room, amazing people!”

and 1 more site!
Devi Vilas Guest House
Ranked #51 of 255 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“great location, great room, amazing people!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at "devi villas" for 10 nights. the room was spacious and clean (when I asked them to clean something in the room, the did it immidiatly). even though I stayed in a room with no lake-view, it was still worth the price. up in the roof-top restaurant the view is breath taking and it servs really nice food along with it.
but the really amazing thing about this place is the people who runs it. Arvind, Saket & Manu made my stay as plesent as can be. the did everything they could to help me get to places around the city and outside of it, explained and helped and made me feel so welcomed that I actually felt like I'm home.
thank you so much for everything.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank reishcohen

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I travelled to udaipur with my sister 0n 24th december and when we arrived at 6 am,there was no one to recieve us in the hotel.Had to wait nearly an hour for the staff to come.We werent given a room immediately since check in time was 10 am.But seeing the situation we were in the manager,Aravind ji accomodated us in a temporary room.Once we checked in, the room we were provided was quite nice with a warm carpet and a cozy bed.Breakfast made by manu ji was good you can even visit cafe edelweiss which is right next door.The view from the roof top was breath taking.Most of the city Attractions are within walking distance like the city palace,bagore ki haveli and lake pichola.Overall a good experience and very friendly staff.Thank you Aravind ji,Manu ji and aravind ji's younger brother(sorry i dont remember your name).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rema627
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed in this Guest House during my visit to Udaipur over the Christmas period. Located in Gangaur Ghat and it walking distance to the lake, temple and palace it is superbly situated. My room was beautiful to say the least, spacious and elegantly decorated.
The view of the lake palace from the rooftop was exquisite. I enjoyed many evenings on this rooftop relaxing and taking in the view.
The owner Arvind is lovely. He was always friendly and was eager to ensure I was enjoying my stay. His helper Manue was equally as kind. He is also a fantastic cook and I tried many of his dishes, each so tasty!
I cannot recommend this guest house more. During m stay in Udaipur it really felt like my home, somewhere to chill, relax and take a break from the busy streets. Plus with rooms from 400 rupees it is value for money!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank yellowmellowhelen
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Is a nice place to stay, it is clean and the people are so nice, really nice view from the rooftop of the lake, it is located in a small and quiet path just few meter from the lake ..................................................................

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rodrigo M
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stay here two nights, the view from Roof-Top not the best but is still amazing. The host is very friendly he want to learn the word "friend" by all langue. Manu (the staff) is a nice guy and make a excellent chicken fried rice.

HIGH recommend if you visit Udaipur

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pohau
Broome, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Our room was 300 rupees, but he brought the price down to 250 which was nice of him. Manu is the guys name. Really nice fellow, he helps out his friend with the guesthouse. No one is ever downstairs manning the desk though, so if you want to speak to anyone, you have to climb to the rooftop where they will be.
Our room was perfect for what we wanted, a bit small, but we paid next to nothing! Beds are comfortable, ther was a toilet and shower in the room. The rooftop is amazing to hang out on during the day. Stunning view. And they serve food up there.

Downsides are the rooms need a proper clean. The hot water wasn't usually hot water, and our shower head was broken, so it was just a thick stream of water. All of this didn't really bother us, as the staff, views on the rooftop and location make up for it!
It's located in the centre of old Udaipur, very cool area. Great restaurants around, street food...
Worth more than you pay anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank georjax
Phimai, Thailand
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The guest house is situated close to the lake, the palace and main tourist street. It has a nico view over the lake from the restaurant at the top. I stayed 6 days there. Arvind and Mano are really friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this guest house for budget travelers and would go there again !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo