“Excellent service from a complete gentleman”
Review of Gangaur Boutique

Gangaur Boutique
Ranked #8 of 87 Shopping in Udaipur
More attraction details
Owner description: Gangar Boutique is one of the oldest premier designer tailoring boutiques in Udaipur. We specialise in suits, shirts, overcoats and dresses and over last 10 years have had the opportunity to design and tailor garments for international celebrities, including Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy. We have also had the pleasure of tailoring for University graduates, young professionals through to travellers looking for bespoke clothes that reflect current fashion trends.thanksBest regards,
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I am surprised at the negative reviews as our experience of dealing with Rakesh was overwhelmingly positive. He was always prepared to meet with us for additional fittings and went the extra mile to make sure things were right. At the time of writing my additional suits and shirts have just arrived from India and are waiting for me at my office in the City of London (all within three weeks). Quality of the ones I had made and brought home with me was excellent. I will post second review when I try on remaining suits! Thanks Rakesh! Photos will follow.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Do not trust the guy. He did not meet delivery commitments and to make it worst, send a completely different fabric versus what we had paid for.

1  Thank gyt2014
gangaurboutique, Owner at Gangaur Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Guest i apologizes for the inconvenient experience that you had.

by mistake my tailor have use the wrong fabric . as we have talk on the phone ,i am happy to make your coat in the right fabric for you . so just wait for a week time , you will get your coat at your address .also i happy to pay for the shipping as well. thanks again for your feedback . we all make mistake but your feedback is very valuable for me .
kind Regards Gangaur Boutique ( Rakesh ) 9414233283

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was recently in Udaipur for a few days and was extremely happy with the suit I bought from Rakesh. The shop has relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. He sat me down for a chai and we discussed the sort of thing I wanted, offering his expert opinion on what would look best. Beautiful workmanship, perfectly fitted, quick, cheap and he'll send it straight to your house if you don't want to carry it around on your trip. He even offered to send some other items I've bought in India to save me the shipping cost. Now i will always be able to purchase great suits and shirts, sent to my door, form someone I trust!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Nothing is too much trouble for Rakesh. I recently visited Udaipur with four friends for 3 days. Rakesh assured us that he could produce 2 suits, 8 blazers, and 6 shirts before we set off. Not only did he deliver on his promise, the workmanship was impeccable. Unlike many of the other boutique tailors in Udaipur that haggle you as you walk down the street, Rakesh is a gentleman and takes everything you say into account. The price is very reasonable; the work is outstanding; and the experience is a must. Rakesh wont disappoint!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I visited Udiapur December 27-31. While there, we stumbled on Rakesh's shop and were immediately attracted to the intimate setting, the photos of satisfied customers on the wall (that include Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy by the way). My husband wanted a suit for a presentation he was going to make at IIT Bombay on January 3, and Rakesh was more than pleased to assist. The result was a unique ivory brocade suit with a nero collar, pants and a black silk shirt. My husband looked like a king. The suit was ready on the 30th, just two days after we met Rakesh. There was one fitting and then bang! just a few small alterations and we were set. The cost was 9150 rupees, which came out to roughly 150CDN. Outstanding. We ended up having an extra day in Udaipur, so we went back to Rakesh's shop and purchased another suit for Jim and a navy pinstripe skirt suit for me. He was generous with a return customer discount and has posted our suits home because we were leaving Mumbai on the 5, at no shipping cost to us. He was a pleasure to deal with and we hope this marks the beginning of a lasting relationship.