“Tranquil, service excellent, good bar and restaurant”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #7 of 177 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This hotel is run by the Oberoi group, so you can expect good standards throughout, and that is indeed what you get. Even the standard rooms are a good size, with all of the usual amenities and a very comfortable, large bed. The staff speak English and they provide excellent service. This was most notable in the restaurant, on one occasion setting up a special table for us outside even though the terrace was technically "full". Food was of a high standard (as were the cocktails!) Nice pool area. If you wander down to the perimeter at 5.30, you can see wild deer and boar coming in to be fed, as well as the ubiquitous peacocks. There is also a very endearing 80-year-old chap (see picture) who has been there for 40 years and who will enthusiastically take you round the old hunting lodge, explaining its past and its place in both the geography and history of the region.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimmyShelter
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits. I have passed on your comments to Mr. Roop Singh, the old man who walked you around the wild life park who is excited about the same.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,876)

Reviewed 10 April 2011

we stayed for a couple of days and couldnt get to explore the hotel fully... however the lunch buffet at the restaurant was classy... had a huge variety of dishes to chose from... indian, continental, chinese... the decor is classy, one of grandeur... reminiscent of royalty... the rooms are testefully decorated... ambience arnd the swmming pool is leisurely... just the way you'd want to be... while on a vacation... a good place to stay while on a short vacation or a business trip...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Sumit23

Dear Guest
Wonderfully crafted precise review!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

The Kitchen team is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

I has my eye on the Trident for a while but I hesitated a bit because 1) It looked out of town and 2) It didn’t fit the original ``Boutique Hotel`` criteria I had in mind. I stayed there for 3 nights at the end of December 2009 and I was extremely happy with my stay.

First, the highlight of the hotel is the customer Service. They take care of you right away with a courtesy second to none. The hotel itself has really nice grounds and pool, that was on the cold side that time of the year but that used on a warm day. The restaurant food was good, priced more for the western wallet, but not too expensive either. I think I remember that seating to the window you freeze to death as the AC was quite strong. Rooms were on the small side but that was OK. You’re not there for that

As for being far away: that’s not really a problem. You can get a Tuk Tuk when you exit the gates. It gets you in town in no time. And not expensive either. Hotel Taxi is way pricier, of course.

As for staying in a guesthouse/boutique hotel: Didn’t really see an interesting boutique hotel. As for Guesthouses, there are options available (I think I found one on Alistair Sawdays’), but I had a bad experience in Jordan where I spent the previous Christmas in a blanket. So didn’t really care for a repeat of that. And as a matter of fact the only one that looked interested had a similar problem being reported in a TA review

Highly recommend this hotel. My favorite new chain of hotels in 2009.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed at The Trident for 2 days. Udaipur is supposed to be a beautiful city, the City of Lakes as it is called.... The Trident lives up to providing a beautiful experience in the most beautiful city of Rajasthan. Their staff is very friendly and pays attention to detail. Food needs a special mention, as every cuisine we ordered was made to perfection. Their swimming pool is very well located amidst beautiful lawns. Also worth a mention is their Kids Play area which is very entertaining for the children.. Everything was perfect at The Trident, except the lake view that was missing..!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Reviewed 23 March 2011

Had stayed here with my wife and in laws on a family trip. loved the building and excellent rajasthani hospitality at the hotel. the views were amazing and the architecture of the hotel was based on the palaces there. the hotel had a small zoo as well where they kept wild boars and deer. the view of the lake was great as well. the quality and comforts in the room was trident standard so was satisfied. didn't get to use the pool as we were busy exploring the city and its palaces etc. overall, loved my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderfully crafted precise review!

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of the Rajasthan part of our Indian trip. It was a very friendly, warm and lovely place to stay. The staff couldn't do enough for you and we were very happy there. The food was excellent and our room was clean and very comfortable. It was in an ideal location, i.e. not too far away for sightseeing but also quiet when you needed it. Definitely recommend this.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Trident in February 2011. This hotel offered excellent value for money and exceeded our expectations in every way. We found this an ideal location for the purpose of our visit to Udaipur. I loved the hotel gardens. The food was of good quality and a reasonable food selection offered. The Restaurant staff offered an excellent service and this deserves a mention....thank you.
The only thing that i would suggest is that Receptionists/Front of House should welcome all guests in the same way. I observed some guests being greeted and welcomed by hotel staff on arrival with more attention than when we came to check inn at the hotel. All guests i believe should be welcomed and greeted with the standard.
Besides this, I was very satisfied with my stay at the Trident. I will be returning and have already recommeded my family and friends to stay here when in Udaipur.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking out time to share your experience with us following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us.
I have noted your comments on the parity in welcome service and have initiated remedial action in this regard. Please accept my sincere apologies for having not lived up to your expectation on this front.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident Udaipur on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.