“Very nice hotel with superb staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
“Very nice hotel with superb staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed for 3 nights here in June-2011. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Pros:
1. Staff are uniformly excellent.

2. We were especially impressed by the restaurant staff (everyone from the Chef through the wait staff and the trainees). They just took care of us like we were a house guest.
So pleasant!
We almost ate every meal in the hotel, because of the service from the restaurant staff.

3. Hotel is located very close to Lake Pichola. (you can walk around near the Oberoi and see the lake Pichola). Or you can organize a boat ride through the hotel. The "shared" ride (offered via hotel boats) is pretty much priced the same as the public boat rides offered by the city.

4. Extremely beautiful gardens. Nice pool.

5. Workout rooms. These could be a little bigger. I wish there was a dedicated place for stretching or doing some Ab-work.
Nonetheless, they had workout places.

6. Very quiet place overall. (it was slightly off-season when we visited).

7. We had a garden view. We loved it. We saw a peacock almost every day!

The hotel does have taxi/rental car facilities. We did not try it.

Cons....not much that comes to mind.
The only thing that was a blip was that they forgot to send us a taxi to the airport. So we had to suddenly organize a ride from the airport.
Later, they apologized for that.

Ok, Cons:
1. The rooms / bathrooms do show their age. Thats just wear and tear. I am presuming they will remodel some of it in the next few years. its not like the rooms are falling apart. But, you know its not "brand new".

2, No "free" internet. (thats kind of common in top Indian hotels).

Otherwise, it was an excellent time!
Hope to visit this property sometime next year as well! I doubt i would stay anywhere else in Udaipur.

Room Tip: I like the garden view myself. I doubt if I would have enjoyed the pool view rooms...at least not wo...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear Guest

Wonderfully crafted review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

I apologise for the inadvertent error of ours of having not sent the car at the airport and the inconvenience caused. I would like to assure you that remedial action has been initiated in this regard.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Thank you and best regards.
dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Had pretty high expectations for this hotel especially upon entering the driveway. The hotel is built on beautiful grounds (it shares the grounds with the 5-star Udaivillas) that are home to many Indian animals (they have feedings in the late mornings, which guests can attend). The staff was fantastic and helped us get settled immediately. The hotel also offers a great pool (perfect if you have kids but annoying if you don't), a hair salon, a spa, travel services and a bookshop. The hotel is also conveniently located near all the major sites (do not take the taxis by the hotel, especially if you're not Indian, since they will cheat you outrageously-walk down to the circle to get a better deal). However, the rooms are small and decorated with clean but very functional furniture. My issue with this hotel was the poor maintenance of the facilities in the room. When we arrived, every 15 minutes, there was a keening sound in the room. We had to have maintenance come and fix this after we had finished a long day of sightseeing. And then we discovered that the hot water wasn't working. We had to have maintenance come in not once, but three times to fix this problem. Given this hotel's price point, this is unacceptable. I also was not very satisfied with the food-if you are Indian, you will be amazed at some of the dishes that they call Indian. I had to send back paneer makhani three times because it was so bad (they finally realized that someone had forgotten to add garam masala). It's a shame since the service is excellent that the food is not quite up to par. Perhaps my experience was unusual but I really just find it odd that the hotel could allow problems that are so fixable beforehand to bother new guests. Given the unusual nature of these problems, I gave the hotel a better rating than my review suggests-hopefully management notices and fixes these issues because really, it's a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms and get a corner room w/a view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AmericanTourist78
Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comments on maintenance and quality of Indian food were of great concern to me. I have personally taken up the matter with the concerned department heads who have initiated remedial action in this regard.

Rest assured that your feedback shall be dealt with the seriousness it deserves.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I booked this hotel, as the room was available on a bargain. This due to a good off-season discount. And this was luxury personified for a middle class budget.

I have stayed at various hotels - all budgets, so many destinations. But the feel you get as you enter the hotel premises, the fragrant freshness starting from reception area, well manicured gardens and the courteous and well trained staff - make me forget any other experience.

The room was nice and well decorated overlooking a beautiful swimming pool set in the middle of a beautiful garden. The haveli look given to the window and a banyan tree just outside it made a truly majestic look. The weather outside was good and the lush greenery I could see outside was very inviting.

As I walked throught the greenery,towards Bara mahal, I had peacocks and cuckoos for company. This was better than what I can ever express in words. Once at Bara mahal(inside the property and maintained by Trident) and into the Monsoon room, the royalty sets in......The view of lake from here was awesome and you could only hear a few birds and peacocks. And talk of peacocks and keep counting here. The most unforgettable moment was to see two peacocks dancing on a small hillock some 50 meters from me.......one on the top and second on the bottom as if it was an opera. For almost 5 mins.I enjoyed this self indulgent dance - And who was watching this with me, a few more he and she peacocks, few other birds and some spotted deers. Breathtaking view. I missed my camera though. The blackberry camera could not really pick it up.

The staff was courteous and looked genuinely interested in taking best care of me. The breakfast was indulging with good variety. The restaurant has great views of pool and the aravalis. I enjoyed my beer sitting in the verandah the entire evening enjoying the occasional showers.

Wow!!!!!! is what I can say. It's clearly better than any other experience I had, including the ones inside the periyar and corbett on earlier occasions. I am cvertainly going to come back for a family vacations here.

I have attatched some photographs taken with my Blackberry device. But trust me the freshness which you feel and the breathtaking views can't be captured by anything- forget with a BB.

Room Tip: Take a poolside room on lobby level.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking out precious time of yours to share your experience with us following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Thank you so very much, once again, for your review on Trip Advisor.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Stayed twice on my way to Bhilwara

Good airy rooms with a view of the garden and if lucky like me can spot a peacock too from the window

Enjoyed a game of badminton in the evening on the lawns

Room service left more to be desired as got a wrong item which was not as per the order and clearance promised after 30 minutes never happened

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear Guest

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comments on staff training and policy issue have been addressed and remedial action initiated. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused owing to this.

delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

The hotel is very well maintained and nicesmiling staff.loved the lush green gardens and peacock dancing as u look from ur window.The only drawback was the confused staff regarding the policy towards udai villas.we wanted to have a spa at udaivillas they said yes first then no then yes.Since the gates of both trident and udaivillas are same.They allow u to access the property of udaivillas.Though the staff are mix of trained and under training i guess since we were in offseason.But, certainly i will be back.Since, the staff tried their best to make up for their mistakes.Keep it up, with a smile.The look from Monsoon palace(which is at hilltop), will tell u y trident is special., the only dense patch of greenery in udaipur.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had the oppurtunity to stay at this luxurious hotel, well located with direct access to the lake, though the room did not face the lake. The staff is well trained, food served at the in house restaurant was very good though the menu could have been more expansive. Check in & Check out were seamless. Since On the check out day we had to leave quite early in the morning, the staff was courtieous enough to keep the packed breakfast ready !

• Stayed November 2010
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Bestcraft
Dear Guest

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comment on restaurant menu was of great concern to me. I have personally taken up the matter with the food and beverage team my team who has initiated remedial action in this regard.

Herlev, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

This fantastic is built on the shores of the Lake in Udaipur. It has wonderful gardens and a really fabulous swimming pool. Excellent restaurant with both Indian gourmet buffet and Indian and European Gouremt á la carte menu. Rooms are air-conditioned and have all possible amenieties. There is a wonderful ambience at this Hotel and a very charming and helpful staff. THey always arrange for their limousine to collect me and my co-travellers at Udaipur Airport and also drop us off on our way back to Mumkbai or Delhi. I can only say that this hotel will never disappoint any experienced traveller in any way whatsoever.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the very best .
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

And a big thanks for your continual patronage.

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted that you have been enjoying your stays with us.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.