“Great for relaxation, not so much for the food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great for relaxation, not so much for the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the trident Udaipur on a business trip and found the property to be gorgeous. Of course the same large compound also has the Udai Vilas which would make most hotels fade in comparison. I was greeted well, check in was swift and the staff were friendly. My room had a view of the garden and had a few peacocks outside which immediately lifted my spirits. It's a steal at about inr 6k a night if you're staying a few nights but the food was rather ordinary especially for a 5 star.

The biggest problem was the consistency. I am a big fan of red meat but would only chance a steak or a tenderloin in a 5 star in india because of obvious reasons. I ordered a cheeseburger twice both times well done. The first time it was almost cooked to perfection but the second time I got a rare to medium rare. Infact the meat wasn't even defrosted completely. Of course the hotel offered to replace it but by then i had bit into raw meat. I went to Ambrai for dinner later and in spite of the twisty lanes, quite a winner that restaurant.

The other thing is that it does get lonely for a solo business traveler at a tourist destination because there's no other person like you at the bar. Still wouldn't hesitate to stay again but will be eating out.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
visitor70
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have been meaning to write this for 1 1/2 years now so my comments might be little outdated but still thought that my review might help out some travellers. Anyway, we had a great experience at Trident in Udaipur. During out 11 day journey Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, we stayed at 5 different top 5 start properties and this was definitely one of our favorites! The staff was very helpful. They accommodated all our needs and got our party rooms that were across from each other. The staff made a recommendation for outside restaurants which were great. The kids liked going to the kids club and had fun. The breakfast buffet was excellent! The chef even came out and clarified our specific dosa order to make sure it was to our liking. The location is next to Oberoi's other property and is amazing. We would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank visitor70
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

What a great place to holiday with your family. Trident Udaipur is laid out in a very serene environment, rooms are neat and clean, maintained very well. Swimming pool, Health Center and all other facilities are excellent.
They even host an outstanding kids paly area and a small wild life sanctuary with a fort!

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms offer a good view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 11 May 2012

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

It's over a month since our stay at the Trident Udaipur but the memories are always a pleasure to return to. Whether it's the excellent food, the impeccable room service or the scenic gardens around the hotel, the experience is Udaipur at its best. Full credit to the restaurant for keeping up the good work even with their hands full on a busy night. Would certainly love to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank shriks2622
Dear Guest

Wonderfully crafted review !!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Warm regards

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Our stay at The Trident was one of the best holidays we ever had. The rooms were comfortable and the food was great, we had most of our meals at the hotel during our 3 days of stay. Better order from Ala Carte then buffet. The staff was very courteous and always met all demands of our kids with a big smile. The kids club had great activities full of fun. The property itself is very big and luxurious. It was great value for money as well.
Urmeet Juneja
gurgaon

Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and sparing time to post a review on the hotel and its services.

The team is "over the moon" and happy that they came up to your expectations.

We try hard to live up to our ethos and I am delighted that we have achieved that in small measure for you.

Hope to see you returning to Trident Udaipur again and again.

sao paolo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Lovely place, yes, but you can't help feeling that they REALLY need you to have a good time. Apart from feeling like AQ's next victim (a feeing you'll get in all top hotels in India), there's a certain aura of desperation about it all. The Saga type holidays which seem to be their bread and butter are perhaps not as plentiful as before so they're looking for business trip types and independent holidaymakers to make up the shortfall.... and I bet they aren't. Having said that, I've no idea if they are doing well or not, but I just get the feeling that they're probably not. It's a good place - don't get me wrong - just not my cup of tea. If I were paying and I were on holiday, I'd rather be in the real world.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rexlombardo
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking out precious time of yours to share your experience with us following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Had organised a conference for 40 people at the hotel. The property is good, very well maintained, the staff extremely courteous and warm. The food was amazing. The arrangements were very well done. We had a great conference - all the participants had a great time.

Room Tip: choose either a pool view or a large garden view; the smaller outer facing garden view rooms do not...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us.
I am glad to know that you and your colleagues had an enjoyable time. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident Udaipur on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.