“Superb Hotel”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. The staff are incredibly professional and charming. They could not have done more to make our visit more wonderful. The rooms are large and clean. The hotels has fine amenities including a large beautiful swimming pool, great restaurant, gym and even a small wild life zone!!!
This is one of the best hotels i have ever used.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ketan P
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and sparing time to post a review on the hotel and its services.

The team is "over the moon" and happy that they came up to your expectations.

We try hard to live up to our ethos and I am delighted that we have achieved that in small measure for you.

Hope to see you returning to Trident Udaipur again and again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I had been looking for a short trip to spend around 3 days on our anniversary and after reading a lot of positive reviews on this site, zeroed in on The Trident. Having returned now, I don't regret the decision.

I was looking at a 4-5 star property so that my wife and I could relax at the hotel in daytime (it being May) and explore the city during the rest. We reached early in the morning, around 8 AM and though my check-in was supposed to be at around 2 PM, as per my booking, I wasn't questioned once (and same when I expressed my desire for a late check-out) - both requests carried out easily by the smiling courteous reception staff (esp Sonam) and turned out to be a great gesture for me.

The rooms here are not large, unless you book a suite, but comfortable. All amenities are standard fare and good quality, as one would expect. A/C was comfortable and worked ok. I took a garden view room and though the pool view rooms are slightly expensive, I don't think it would have mattered because the garden views are also very good - the upkeep & maintenance of the beautiful lawns is excellent. Relaxing on the hammock in tree shade brought back fond memories of childhood. The property is well-managed and looked after and it shows (the sight of a peacock at entrance, when we first came in, delighted my wife). The pool area is picturesque and relaxing and they don't ask you to adhere to timings as well...so you can fancy a swim after dinner !!

The food, overall, was good. The breakfast (and I'm talking about quality here) is very good. The options are all standard fare but they still managed variety. Quality of dinner can be improved (an eatery close to my home makes better Dal Makhani but I guess if I had ordered it in my room, it could have been different than the buffet version). Two minor blips - I once spotted a strand of hair in b'fast and reported it to the lady server (who really didn't do anything about it but I didn't let this incident dampen my spirits) and second, the name tags of non-veg dishes carried vegetarian names with green labels on two separate occasions (unless I had spotted the chicken in salad, I would be a convert by now !!).

The staff is extremely courteous, charming to talk to and ever eager to help. Special mention of Yahaya and Karan who carried out all our requests promptly - it was our anniversary and we were treated to complimentary ice-creams with fresh fruits, shakes and a surprise chocolate cake in our room - great service.

One other thing I noticed - there were foreign guests as well and some times I noticed some staff greet them with enthusiasm but ignored Indian guests at the same time. Not sure if this was intentional behaviour but just an observation.

Anyways, it was a fantastic stay overall, highly recommended and would love to be back (or go to other Trident hotel).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank koolkunal

Dear Guest

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comments on food quality and lack of attention by one of the lady servers at breakfast were of great concern to me. I have personally taken up the matter with the food and beverage team and initiated remedial action.
I assure you that your feedback has been dealt in all seriousness it deserves.

I have conveyed your generous compliments to Karan and Yahya which is a great source of inspiration to them.

I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

my stay from 7-5-12 to 11-5-12 at trident udaipur was excellent the staff and service is excellent specially the maintanence of the property is very good if u are in udaipur its trident all the way

Room Tip: rooms on the pool sides are good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderfully crafted precise review!

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My last recent stay at Trident Hotel - Udaipur was for 02 Days from 5th May 2012, its the best hotel in udaipur with highest standard of Luxury with great test of food and personal touch of every required services.

I personally have checked many hotels in Udaipur but Trident Hotel have given me a memorable experience and wonderful stay and will surely suggest it.

Thanks a lot Trident - will surely visit next time...

Urjit Thaker
Ahmedabad

Room Tip: Pool View rooms are really nice & best thing is every room has the same amenities and facilities...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

excellent pool area, great food, very relaxing, front desk staff very good. we had a private sitting for dinner near pool, amazing food and brilliant service, well done trident udaipur

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Guest

Wonderfully crafted precise review!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the trident Udaipur on a business trip and found the property to be gorgeous. Of course the same large compound also has the Udai Vilas which would make most hotels fade in comparison. I was greeted well, check in was swift and the staff were friendly. My room had a view of the garden and had a few peacocks outside which immediately lifted my spirits. It's a steal at about inr 6k a night if you're staying a few nights but the food was rather ordinary especially for a 5 star.

The biggest problem was the consistency. I am a big fan of red meat but would only chance a steak or a tenderloin in a 5 star in india because of obvious reasons. I ordered a cheeseburger twice both times well done. The first time it was almost cooked to perfection but the second time I got a rare to medium rare. Infact the meat wasn't even defrosted completely. Of course the hotel offered to replace it but by then i had bit into raw meat. I went to Ambrai for dinner later and in spite of the twisty lanes, quite a winner that restaurant.

The other thing is that it does get lonely for a solo business traveler at a tourist destination because there's no other person like you at the bar. Still wouldn't hesitate to stay again but will be eating out.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have been meaning to write this for 1 1/2 years now so my comments might be little outdated but still thought that my review might help out some travellers. Anyway, we had a great experience at Trident in Udaipur. During out 11 day journey Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, we stayed at 5 different top 5 start properties and this was definitely one of our favorites! The staff was very helpful. They accommodated all our needs and got our party rooms that were across from each other. The staff made a recommendation for outside restaurants which were great. The kids liked going to the kids club and had fun. The breakfast buffet was excellent! The chef even came out and clarified our specific dosa order to make sure it was to our liking. The location is next to Oberoi's other property and is amazing. We would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank visitor70

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.