“One of the most memorable stay…”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Udaipur
Middle East
“One of the most memorable stay…”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The first thought we would have for our stay at this property is it was amazing and memorable. It was a very well maintained and managed property. We could see how passionate the staff was to make sure all the guest are having best of the time. When we booked we were quite sure that the property would be very good but what impressed us was the quality of services and we would give this credit to Mr. Mehta the GM of this property.

I had sent an email to the hotel for my bookings and how can I custom-made the package; to my surprise Mr. Mehta called me back in just 2 mins and made sure we got what we were expecting. Our check in was very smooth just 2 minutes; the lady from reception accompanied us to guide us to our rooms along with a quick tour of the property. Garden view from our room was exceptionally beautiful. I would strongly recommend to have boat ride in evenings; it was an hour ride and very romantic. Hotel arranged a loving set up of drinks and canapés on the boat and that added to the overall experience.

At night when we arrived at restaurant dinner at least 3-4 people from attendant to exec chef asked us how was our boat ride and hope we enjoyed. The point is; we could feel that they made every effort that guest would feel special. We really enjoyed the food; the thing which we really admired was that even they had loads of options for dinner and breakfast; the chef Arun and exec chef Kamal came to our table for a chat to see if we are missing something and would like to have specially made for us. I would say we had one of the longest dinner that day; just enjoyed every moment. Next day breakfast we opted to sit in open outside the main restaurant and we enjoyed the food; specially the ones we had requested them to have made for us and also some diet tips from Arun.

It’s a no brainer that in terms of services and property this hotel is in par among the top 3 in Udaipur but at just a fraction of the cost. I would say I have only experienced such hospitable attitude; in the properties were I have paid 2 to 3 times what I did here!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sajal26
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Hebrew first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is one of the most majestic and well maintained hotels we have been to.
It retains the ethnicity and culture of Rajasthan and has a very attentive and trained staff.
We would rank this hotel the best in terms of its hospitality, location and beautiful site location.

You can spend days within the hotel, explore huge lawns , see a variety of birds as you sit and read in the gardens. Every evening the hotel staff feeds a flock of deer which gathers below a tree for fodder. Hotel provides an excellent view to a lake just behind and is excellent for a walk in the nature.
Its an ideal holiday package for both couples and family. It is also chold friendly, the meals are accomodating and can be customized to your needs. Buffet is lavish and there is a safe play area for kids too.We particularly enjoyed the nature walk and were lost into the property.Were amazed with number of pools and spa the location has, only to discover that we have ventured into Trident's sister concern Udaivilas, which is also an Oberoi property.
The staff was very kind and offered us to use the Udaivilas comforts as well and escorted us back to Trident in their transport.
We thank the hotel and its staff for one of the most memorable holiday.

Travel tip : Once in Udaipur, you must dine at the Pichola lake and go for the boat ride to the Jagmandir island resort. Do visit Jagmandir temple for its beautiful carvings.

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms on 1st floor give a beautiful view from the top
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your highly rated review, and for sharing this valuable feedback.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Thank you and best regards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a beautiful hotel set in the picturesque city of Udaipur. The lobby is very majestic and grand and has a lovely seating area. Rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. I cannot praise the staff enough. They were attentive, polite and courteous and nothing was too much trouble. If we didn't fancy any of the food on the menu then they would get the chef to prepare something else for us. I have stayed in many hotels in my time and the staff here are among the very best I have come across. The gardens are also stunning with parrots and peacocks walking around. The hotel also has a kids club which my children loved. There were all sorts of fantastic activities that they could participate in including pot-making and horse-riding. They were entertained for hours. The pool was very clean and large and I couldn't get my children out of it!
The food was also delicious with a wide variety of food available. The only criticism I have would be to have a larger spa facility. Presently they on have one small treatment room. With a hotel this size, it would be beneficial to have a steam room, sauna and more treatments available for guests and more staff there. I am sure many people would love to be pampered a bit more!
All in all I would very much recommend this hotel for a relaxing break where you will be really taken care of! Thank you for a memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and sparing time to post a review on the hotel and its services.

The team is "over the moon" and happy that they came up to your expectations.

We try hard to live up to our ethos and I am delighted that we have achieved that in small measure for you.

Many thanks!!!

Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I can say one of best hospitality I have ever seen before. Excellent property, lust of green, peacock and parrots around, nice swimming pool and the entire structure make you feel like King or Queen during your stay. Staff is very professional and take care of your needs very well. We have stayed 4 Days & 3 Nights and enjoyed every moment to the hilt. If you are tired of crowded place and stress full life-style , this place could be the best hang-out with family or friends. It is very closed to nature and specially my kid enjoyed this place to the most, Concept of kid-club is amazing.We will certainly recommend this property and would like to visit again in future. Thanks to all the staff members for caring and professional attitude and making our hard earned holidays worth.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Wonderfully crafted review!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Thank you and best regards.

Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

It was a memorable holiday with college friends kids and spouse we have enjoyed a lot specialy kids enjoyed the kid jone with football badminton tt cricket and play station 3 food was good staff at resto very humble and co operative overall good experience.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Thank you once again.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I selected Trident based on the reviews by fellow travelers. I had a fantastic stay here. The staff at the Hotel right from the front office, restaurant, pool and kids club were extremely helpful and went out of their way to provide us advice about what to do at Udaipur. The property is set on a sprawling 27 acres with a lot of beautiful gardens and walkways across the hotel. The icing on the cake was the Kids Club. My two kids just loved the Games, Pottery classes, Horse and Camel rides. The Bara Mahal is hidden gem at the Trident with its lush landscape and of course the deers and the peacocks. The pool is great with the temperature kept at 86F, great place to unwind with a cold beer and a book. I would definitely come back here for my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jk533

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Great Place for a holiday with family. The property is huge and is fun for daily morning walks. Tey have maintained part of the property as a jungle and you can see peacocks and a number of other beautiful birds from your room. You can also see wild boar and some deer in the property. The rooms are spacious and we had two rooms facing each other. They have some games for children though not well maintained, but the pool is just superb, as is the gym. Food is nice overall.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the garden for a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comments on maintenance of games at the kids club were of great concern to me. I have personally taken up the matter with my team and have initiated remedial action in this regard.
Rest assured that your feedback shall be dealt with the seriousness it deserves.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.