“Perfect for a perfect holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
mumbai
“Perfect for a perfect holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've just returned from a destination wedding where the guests were put up at the Trident at Udaipur. This wonderful property 30 km away from the airport is simply perfect. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and hospitable . Set in acres of well kept grassland, I walked down a pathway to the "Bada Mahal" an original lodge of the Maharaja still maintained by an old retainer who shows you around. If you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of wild boar, deer and peacocks dancing on the estate which fringes a game sanctuary. Close by the poolside is a play area for children with an airconditioned tent filled with toys and games to keep them busy! With tasty food that caters to all palates, Trident truly is the best place for family holidays.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are wonderfully soothing to the urban eye parched for some greenery and...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have just came back from 2 enjoyable nights at the Trident Udaipur. The hotel is situated in the greens not far from the bank of the Pichola lake and the hotel can arrange for a nice lake ride.
Some of the rooms lack intimacy but the rest seem to have very nice green views. The hotel staff was very courteous and offerred an excellent service throughout our stay.
Room service and the resturant were providing nice selection of local and non-local dishes.

Remember that Udaipur is nice and attractive and as such you will hardly use the other functions that the hotel has to offer (gym, pool etc). You will need a ride to the Old City but that's only 5-10 minutes ride.

Bottom line- very nice and pleasant stay in a greeny setting.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room with nice greenery view and not too close to the resturant (more quiet and intimate)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your generous praise.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our brief stay at the Trident in Udaipur came at the end of a week of touring in India where we changes cities nearly every day and enjoyed a number of wonderful properties with great customer service. With that said, we wish we would have had about three more days to spend in Udaipur at the Trident. It is a peaceful retreat in an incredible setting and the staff can only be described as excellent. From the moment we checked in we immediately felt like family. Everyone was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating with every interaction we had during the entirety of our stay.

Our dining experiences were particularly memorable as the servers went out of their way to assist us. We were particularly grateful for Saahil who took the time while we enjoyed the breakfast buffet to get to know our family, teach us some things about the town of Udaipur, personally recommend and order a traditional Indian dish he thought we would enjoy. Beyond that, he surprised us with a gift of some Masala tea (our favorite) as we were leaving. In conversations with him we mentioned our fondness for it and that we in a place where it is not readily available. Exceptional and thoughtful service for sure.

We are anxious to return to the beautiful city of Udaipur and looking forward to an extended time at the Trident when we do!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, wonderfully crafted review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. I have conveyed your generous praise to Saahil , he truly appreciates your gracious compliments and hopes that you were able to enjoy the tea, back home.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We arrived at the Trident with high expectations, having already had incredibly helpful email conversations with the hotel’s exceptional GM, Dhiraj Mehta. I am astonished to say that all of our expectations were comfortably surpassed. The hotel’s staff is incredibly warm, friendly, well-trained, polite, knowledgeable, charming and kind. My wife and I travelled with our six month old daughter, and they could not have been nicer to her. The employees all spoilt our baby rotten. I really wanted to jot down a few names of the one or two staff members who stood out, but that’s impossible as they were all so fantastic and we felt that we had got to know them very well by the time we left, so much so that we genuinely miss them. They take great pride in their hotel and their jobs and this is evident in their manner and smiles. During our stay in Udaipur we visited some other, much pricier hotels, and I can honestly say that whilst their service was also exceptional, it was not a patch on the Trident. I have never experienced better service in my 38 year career as a human being!
The setting of the hotel is fantastic. We enjoyed long walks up to see peacocks, spotted deer and wild boar feeding. We also lazed on the hammocks. Our baby absolutely loved the heated pool and a highlight for us was the boat ride organised by the hotel, for a very reasonable price. The boat driver (I only leave out his name because I don’t want to risk naming some employees and not others), gave us a wonderful insight into the history of Udaipur. It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
The room was compact, but extremely comfortable and well furnished, with excellent shower water pressure. Housekeeping were absolutely fantastic – you simply did not feel that any request was too much, so much so that I was tempted to ask them if they could do my work for me (I was also there for a conference). They were all so charming and ready to help.
I tend to find that hotel buffets are generic and predictable, but not so at the Trident. Without trying to provide too extensive a selection, they offered absolutely sensational Indian and western food. There were also very healthy options available. It is here that we got to know the staff the best. The young men and women working there were absolutely incredible. They sensed when to talk to you and when to leave you alone, and would always engage us with lovely warmth and smiles. I also learnt a great deal from them, about the hotel trade and Udaipur itself. They were all incredibly qualified and I really do hope that I see them as general managers themselves one day. With them you almost felt that they read your mind, because they would provide what you wanted when you thought about it and before you even asked for it (I spent a lot of time thinking about a million dollars, but unfortunately that didn’t work).
At the Trident, whenever you thank a member of staff or ask something of them they say ‘my pleasure,’ and you tend to believe that they mean that. However, the stay was our pleasure. The journey to Udaipur was a challenge as we had to go through Mumbai airport where you seem to have to queue for everything. At one point I am sure we were queuing for a queue. As frustrating as that was, as soon as you are greeted at the airport by a hotel car, all your worries seep away. It is the most wonderful hotel around, led by a fantastic general manager and we hope to take extended family there one day.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted you had a memorable stay at Trident, Udaipur. Thank you so much for reviewing our landscape, service, food and especially our people. We have a wonderful team who do all they can to make our guest experiences truly special and unforgettable.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they lived up to your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone - your words of praise means the world to the entire team.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by our Chairman to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged.

He also insists that we must train our people hard, for them to be able to differentiate between over service and good service. I am glad to know that this caught your attention and you found the service non intrusive.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Many thanks once again.

Best regards and wishes to you and your family.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife and I stayed four nights at this hotel but wished we could stay longer. We stayed at many hotels in many countries over the last few years but never felt so dearly as we felt about this hotel. It has beautiful sorrounds, top class facilities, excellent staff who are highly professional and always prepared to assist with a ready smile. I shall specifically mention Hemant who received us and took the trouble to do whatever possile to make us comfortable. My wife felt temporarily indosposed and the management arranged medical attention promptly and it was a great help to our forward travel itinerary.

Room Tip: Higher level room with lake view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Guest

I have conveyed your generous compliments to Hemant and the entire team; they truly appreciate your gracious praise.

I trust your wife has recovered well and feeling better.

Barossa Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Trident Udaipur, and then Trident Delhi during my recent Imperial Rajasthan Tour with Insight Vacations - both are amazing properties, management and staff very professional and friendly. In fact these two hotels would have to be amongst the best I have stayed at in my travels to many countries around the globe.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank marblelodge
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stays at Trident Udaipur and Trident Gurgaon. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Twain Harte, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

we stayed at several tridents on our recent trip to india. the staff at all the tridents were among the best trained, helpful people we have ever met. upon departure, an employee, arushi, gave me a book as a gift ("a princess remembers") thinking i would enjoy it. ii read it immediately and it added greatly to my stay in rajahastan.

a fabulous hotel!! suzanne

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Arushi and the entire team at Trident are pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. They are truly inspired by your generous praise and recognition. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.