“Amazing hotel!”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed here during an escorted tour of India. Sometimes tour packages can include disappointing hotels. This was quite the opposite; it greatly exceeded my expectations. It is a beautiful facility with lovely grounds and a very attentive and accommodating staff. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. There is only one restaurant but the food is quite good and the waitstaff is extremely well trained-- very outgoing and efficient. Since the same staff is there all day every day, they soon begin to know you. On our last day, our server surprised us with a chocolate dessert where he wrote "Happy Journeys" in syrup below the treat!

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter. The only problem we had, was there was a wedding at the hotel an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Trident Udaipur

Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Trident has lovely grounds, a great view, a generous pool, and comfortable beds. But beyond all that, the staff are friendly, attentive, and pro-active (without the awkward solicitousness seen at other hotels). Particular thanks to: the front desk greeters, the bartender, Yehaya (the energetic and genial headwaiter), and especially, the chef! When the chef got word that we were disappointed with a few items in the buffet, he came out, asked for feedback, discussed recipes, and - the following night - made us a meal of special Rajasthani bread, the most succulent lamb and curd kebabs, and the best home made saffron and rose kulfi any of us had ever tasted. I'd return there just for the people.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your Trip advisor review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We are especially happy to read that our culinary department did you justice eventually, but what I am most appreciative about are the positive comments you made about the team and our colleague Yahaya - I have already shared your review with our staff and Yahaya, who is most delighted that his service was noticed in the way you put it. Thank you, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Trident next time your travels take you to this part of the world.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is not doubt a great hotel, we had an excelent time, the rooms, the pool temperature, the restaurant, everything just great. Very nice gardens and quiet athmosphere. You can feel the qualiy almost everywere and the personel was truly service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've just returned from a destination wedding where the guests were put up at the Trident at Udaipur. This wonderful property 30 km away from the airport is simply perfect. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and hospitable . Set in acres of well kept grassland, I walked down a pathway to the "Bada Mahal" an original lodge of the Maharaja still maintained by an old retainer who shows you around. If you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of wild boar, deer and peacocks dancing on the estate which fringes a game sanctuary. Close by the poolside is a play area for children with an airconditioned tent filled with toys and games to keep them busy! With tasty food that caters to all palates, Trident truly is the best place for family holidays.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are wonderfully soothing to the urban eye parched for some greenery and...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have just came back from 2 enjoyable nights at the Trident Udaipur. The hotel is situated in the greens not far from the bank of the Pichola lake and the hotel can arrange for a nice lake ride.
Some of the rooms lack intimacy but the rest seem to have very nice green views. The hotel staff was very courteous and offerred an excellent service throughout our stay.
Room service and the resturant were providing nice selection of local and non-local dishes.

Remember that Udaipur is nice and attractive and as such you will hardly use the other functions that the hotel has to offer (gym, pool etc). You will need a ride to the Old City but that's only 5-10 minutes ride.

Bottom line- very nice and pleasant stay in a greeny setting.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room with nice greenery view and not too close to the resturant (more quiet and intimate)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your generous praise.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our brief stay at the Trident in Udaipur came at the end of a week of touring in India where we changes cities nearly every day and enjoyed a number of wonderful properties with great customer service. With that said, we wish we would have had about three more days to spend in Udaipur at the Trident. It is a peaceful retreat in an incredible setting and the staff can only be described as excellent. From the moment we checked in we immediately felt like family. Everyone was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating with every interaction we had during the entirety of our stay.

Our dining experiences were particularly memorable as the servers went out of their way to assist us. We were particularly grateful for Saahil who took the time while we enjoyed the breakfast buffet to get to know our family, teach us some things about the town of Udaipur, personally recommend and order a traditional Indian dish he thought we would enjoy. Beyond that, he surprised us with a gift of some Masala tea (our favorite) as we were leaving. In conversations with him we mentioned our fondness for it and that we in a place where it is not readily available. Exceptional and thoughtful service for sure.

We are anxious to return to the beautiful city of Udaipur and looking forward to an extended time at the Trident when we do!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, wonderfully crafted review.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. I have conveyed your generous praise to Saahil , he truly appreciates your gracious compliments and hopes that you were able to enjoy the tea, back home.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We arrived at the Trident with high expectations, having already had incredibly helpful email conversations with the hotel’s exceptional GM, Dhiraj Mehta. I am astonished to say that all of our expectations were comfortably surpassed. The hotel’s staff is incredibly warm, friendly, well-trained, polite, knowledgeable, charming and kind. My wife and I travelled with our six month old daughter, and they could not have been nicer to her. The employees all spoilt our baby rotten. I really wanted to jot down a few names of the one or two staff members who stood out, but that’s impossible as they were all so fantastic and we felt that we had got to know them very well by the time we left, so much so that we genuinely miss them. They take great pride in their hotel and their jobs and this is evident in their manner and smiles. During our stay in Udaipur we visited some other, much pricier hotels, and I can honestly say that whilst their service was also exceptional, it was not a patch on the Trident. I have never experienced better service in my 38 year career as a human being!
The setting of the hotel is fantastic. We enjoyed long walks up to see peacocks, spotted deer and wild boar feeding. We also lazed on the hammocks. Our baby absolutely loved the heated pool and a highlight for us was the boat ride organised by the hotel, for a very reasonable price. The boat driver (I only leave out his name because I don’t want to risk naming some employees and not others), gave us a wonderful insight into the history of Udaipur. It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
The room was compact, but extremely comfortable and well furnished, with excellent shower water pressure. Housekeeping were absolutely fantastic – you simply did not feel that any request was too much, so much so that I was tempted to ask them if they could do my work for me (I was also there for a conference). They were all so charming and ready to help.
I tend to find that hotel buffets are generic and predictable, but not so at the Trident. Without trying to provide too extensive a selection, they offered absolutely sensational Indian and western food. There were also very healthy options available. It is here that we got to know the staff the best. The young men and women working there were absolutely incredible. They sensed when to talk to you and when to leave you alone, and would always engage us with lovely warmth and smiles. I also learnt a great deal from them, about the hotel trade and Udaipur itself. They were all incredibly qualified and I really do hope that I see them as general managers themselves one day. With them you almost felt that they read your mind, because they would provide what you wanted when you thought about it and before you even asked for it (I spent a lot of time thinking about a million dollars, but unfortunately that didn’t work).
At the Trident, whenever you thank a member of staff or ask something of them they say ‘my pleasure,’ and you tend to believe that they mean that. However, the stay was our pleasure. The journey to Udaipur was a challenge as we had to go through Mumbai airport where you seem to have to queue for everything. At one point I am sure we were queuing for a queue. As frustrating as that was, as soon as you are greeted at the airport by a hotel car, all your worries seep away. It is the most wonderful hotel around, led by a fantastic general manager and we hope to take extended family there one day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am delighted you had a memorable stay at Trident, Udaipur. Thank you so much for reviewing our landscape, service, food and especially our people. We have a wonderful team who do all they can to make our guest experiences truly special and unforgettable.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they lived up to your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone - your words of praise means the world to the entire team.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by our Chairman to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged.

He also insists that we must train our people hard, for them to be able to differentiate between over service and good service. I am glad to know that this caught your attention and you found the service non intrusive.

Many thanks once again.

Best regards and wishes to you and your family.