“Very Nice hotel...”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a great 5 star hotel!

Stayed here for 5 nights in January 2013.

The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are clean, and fairly modern. The decor is a bit dated in some places, like the chair rail in the rooms, but definitely not a deal breaker. When I arrived, the room smelled slightly musty, but that was quickly fixed once the door was open for a minute... Likely just stale air from the room not being used.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. They remembered your name and preferences. Always eager to help.

The pool was beautiful. Though I didn't use it, I did take several photos of it.

The grounds are beautiful, shared with another hotel. Security is top notch, and the grounds are gated. i don't usually travel in gated hotels, but it seemed almost appropriate here. The fauna and flora to see is spectacular on the grounds.

If you do go to the Lake Palace Hotel for the view or to eat, it's a great treat to ask the boat people to take you back to the hotel by boat! Plus you save that extra cab fare!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water. They are quiet, and almost no one walks along the paths. The hote...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to a temporary air quality issue, we should have checked this prior to your arrival. I have instructed the housekeeping team to be more careful of this in future.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Someone told me in India there is a saying, "The guest is a god." Whoever runs the Trident chain of hotels in India must truly believe in this saying because these are among the very best run hotels I have ever visited. The Trident, Udaipur, is unquestionably, outstanding in everything associated with a fine hotel. In fact, I believe any hotel in the entire world, even the most expensive ones, can learn a lesson from Trident.

We stayed only two nights as part of an excellent Gate1 offer, the affordable 15-day Classic India with Ranthambore tour. We stayed in Udaipur Feb 15 and 16. One often feels that a package tour must offer mid-range hotels but that is not the case here. We stayed in Trident hotels in Agra (just great!) and Mumbai as well as Udaipur and all were fantastic. The Udaipur hotel has to be among the very best India has to offer. Sure, there are many super up-scale hotels in India but the Trident offers superior service and accommodations for much, much less cost.

Beakfasts were buffet but each had a chef on hand to make eggs to your preference. Rooms were spotless with cozy, comfortable furniture and beds. The hotel itself is gorgeous. (see photos). Marble everywhere with superb lighting day or night. Excellent bar.

But the most outstanding thing about the Trident is the quality of its personnel. They are, each and every one, courteous, friendly, and professional. They truly make you feel welcome. Trident must invest a lot in their training - and it pays off! Kusum, at reception helped us several times with restaurant reservations and transportation (tuk tuks are fun, cheaper than taxis, and drivers are trustworthy).

Our travelling in India was memorable and that is due, in large part, to the excellentTrident hotels in all cities, but especially in Udaipur.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at Trident hotels.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your stay at our hotels and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best wishes!!!

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel has a very authentic colonial look, even as it is not nearly as old as to have stood in that time. To make a long story short: this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The building and surroundings are great, the rooms are very good, the service however is their biggest asset: it is out of this world. Everybody is so friendly, attentive and willing to serve, this is great. Trident is at the top off my list if I ever have an opportunity to stay here (or elsewhere) again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect ambiene and service. Thank you.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks once again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Trident in Udaipur on 13th and 14th of Feb. 2013. The experience of stay in this hotel was just fabulous all around. The staff pampered us. The whole facility was nice and clean. If I had to rate this hotel then I would rate it at seven stars plus one! The whole staff from Manager,reception,restaurant,cleaning staff etc. were all very well trained. We do not get this type of welcome and service in USA. Keep up the service and thank you for a memorable stay.
Ashvin & Suwarna Patel

• Stayed: February 2013
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and sparing time to post a review on the hotel and its services.

The team is “over the moon” and happy to know that they lived up to your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by our Chairman to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. We are delighted to read that their good service was noticed.It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Many thanks once again.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed here during an escorted tour of India. Sometimes tour packages can include disappointing hotels. This was quite the opposite; it greatly exceeded my expectations. It is a beautiful facility with lovely grounds and a very attentive and accommodating staff. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. There is only one restaurant but the food is quite good and the waitstaff is extremely well trained-- very outgoing and efficient. Since the same staff is there all day every day, they soon begin to know you. On our last day, our server surprised us with a chocolate dessert where he wrote "Happy Journeys" in syrup below the treat!

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter. The only problem we had, was there was a wedding at the hotel an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur.

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Trident has lovely grounds, a great view, a generous pool, and comfortable beds. But beyond all that, the staff are friendly, attentive, and pro-active (without the awkward solicitousness seen at other hotels). Particular thanks to: the front desk greeters, the bartender, Yehaya (the energetic and genial headwaiter), and especially, the chef! When the chef got word that we were disappointed with a few items in the buffet, he came out, asked for feedback, discussed recipes, and - the following night - made us a meal of special Rajasthani bread, the most succulent lamb and curd kebabs, and the best home made saffron and rose kulfi any of us had ever tasted. I'd return there just for the people.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your Trip advisor review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We are especially happy to read that our culinary department did you justice eventually, but what I am most appreciative about are the positive comments you made about the team and our colleague Yahaya - I have already shared your review with our staff and Yahaya, who is most delighted that his service was noticed in the way you put it. Thank you, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Trident next time your travels take you to this part of the world.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is not doubt a great hotel, we had an excelent time, the rooms, the pool temperature, the restaurant, everything just great. Very nice gardens and quiet athmosphere. You can feel the qualiy almost everywere and the personel was truly service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.