“Trident Rocks!”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 27 February 2013

A stay at Trident made by Udaipur visit all the more special. Clean and comfortable. Extremely friendly and proactive staff. Brilliant chefs and a great spread. Open lawns and cozy lobbies. Can't even imaging staying anywhere else now :P
A BIG THANK YOU to the Trident Udiapur team :)

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are nicer :) And wish they would clean their sofas more often :P
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Trident Udaipur

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I've stayed at the trident for four nights and without doubt this has been the most memorable hotel stay I've ever experienced.

I'll start with the people. Everybody is extremely friendly, courteous, happy but most importantly they are willing to do anything to make the guest happy. I'm truly humbled by the kindness shown to me and my family and in all of India this is my first recommendation to any family and friends looking to visit. The kindness is evident everywhere from restaurant staff, supervisors, front office staff and even boat jetty security (yes you, Gopal!).

The restaurant. It is evident that the trident udaipur prides itself in their food and drink offering. I'm lucky enough to have gotten to know the whole food and beverage team (my marriage is here in the summer and we've chosen the trident for our residence and some events). The food was delicious and they are willing to go all out to make sure your meal is as special as it can be. They remember your preferences to a T and it adds to the good vibes.

Finally the hotel itself. Great rooms, comfortable and clean. Faultless.

It's very rare that I decide to review a hotel, but never had I imagined that in my lifetime I'd come across such nice people (who are just being themselves) who go all out to look after their guests.

I've got a lot of family living in India, but my first port of call will always be the trident udaipur. I have a list of names I want to thank, but i'll probably run out of character spaces! This standard is the example that every other hotel in the world has to emulate.

All the best,

Kunal (London)

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank kunalramchandani

Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed feedback on the hotel, its services and especially our people, following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

The entire team is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

As you rightly mentioned ,we endeavour to live up to our ethos and our philosophy which places people at the centre of everything we do, to train and support our team members in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged, as they are the most important aspect of our business.

It gives me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will
truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

In conclusion I would like to reassure you that we would do everything we can to make your upcoming event a memorable one for you and your guests, our guests.

Many thanks once again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This was my first visit to Udaipur and I was completely satisfied with the experience at Trident. The hotel is beautiful and a treat to stay in. The grounds are amazing and one can spend a lot of time walking around the hotel without getting bored. The hotel also has a boat ride in the evenings and that is an absolute must. Besides the hotel , the other thing that stands out is the exceptional service level provided by the staff here. I think all the staff ensure that you have a great time at the hotel right from the front desk to the staff at the breakfast buffet and the room service team . I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated and wonderfully crafted review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had the most wonderful time here. The customer service is excellent. I was the only vegetarian in our tour group and the chef took extra special care to fix many wonderful dishes for me. In fact he made a special Rajasthani thali for me with dhal Bhati and churma. Amazing service. We could walk to pichola lake from here and I must say it is a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your Trip advisor review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were especially happy to read that our culinary department was able to delight you with local cuisine, but what I am most appreciative about are the positive comments you made about the team and customer service.
I have already shared your review with our staff, they are most delighted that their efforts were noticed in the way you put it. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Trident next time your travels take you to Udaipur.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed in a few trident hotels in India and all good. This was the best and in a great setting with gardens and swimming pool which was heated to a good temp for swimming. Good restaurant with excellent choice of dishes. Bedrooms well appointed and well trained staff. A haven.

Room Tip: Garden view is good but am sure all the others are too.
Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a great 5 star hotel!

Stayed here for 5 nights in January 2013.

The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are clean, and fairly modern. The decor is a bit dated in some places, like the chair rail in the rooms, but definitely not a deal breaker. When I arrived, the room smelled slightly musty, but that was quickly fixed once the door was open for a minute... Likely just stale air from the room not being used.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. They remembered your name and preferences. Always eager to help.

The pool was beautiful. Though I didn't use it, I did take several photos of it.

The grounds are beautiful, shared with another hotel. Security is top notch, and the grounds are gated. i don't usually travel in gated hotels, but it seemed almost appropriate here. The fauna and flora to see is spectacular on the grounds.

If you do go to the Lake Palace Hotel for the view or to eat, it's a great treat to ask the boat people to take you back to the hotel by boat! Plus you save that extra cab fare!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water. They are quiet, and almost no one walks along the paths. The hote...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to a temporary air quality issue, we should have checked this prior to your arrival. I have instructed the housekeeping team to be more careful of this in future.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Someone told me in India there is a saying, "The guest is a god." Whoever runs the Trident chain of hotels in India must truly believe in this saying because these are among the very best run hotels I have ever visited. The Trident, Udaipur, is unquestionably, outstanding in everything associated with a fine hotel. In fact, I believe any hotel in the entire world, even the most expensive ones, can learn a lesson from Trident.

We stayed only two nights as part of an excellent Gate1 offer, the affordable 15-day Classic India with Ranthambore tour. We stayed in Udaipur Feb 15 and 16. One often feels that a package tour must offer mid-range hotels but that is not the case here. We stayed in Trident hotels in Agra (just great!) and Mumbai as well as Udaipur and all were fantastic. The Udaipur hotel has to be among the very best India has to offer. Sure, there are many super up-scale hotels in India but the Trident offers superior service and accommodations for much, much less cost.

Beakfasts were buffet but each had a chef on hand to make eggs to your preference. Rooms were spotless with cozy, comfortable furniture and beds. The hotel itself is gorgeous. (see photos). Marble everywhere with superb lighting day or night. Excellent bar.

But the most outstanding thing about the Trident is the quality of its personnel. They are, each and every one, courteous, friendly, and professional. They truly make you feel welcome. Trident must invest a lot in their training - and it pays off! Kusum, at reception helped us several times with restaurant reservations and transportation (tuk tuks are fun, cheaper than taxis, and drivers are trustworthy).

Our travelling in India was memorable and that is due, in large part, to the excellentTrident hotels in all cities, but especially in Udaipur.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at Trident hotels.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your stay at our hotels and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best wishes!!!