“Awesome wonderful & lovely”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Hotel scored 10 out of 10 points on all fronts.Let me enumerate them.

1)Check in:As we were about to park our car near the hotel gate, another car pulled up in front of us and I expected that we would have to wait for our turn however within minutes another set of attendants came to us and made sure that we could get down immediately .

2)At the reception the receptionist knew my name and welcome drink served to us immediately at arrival was the most pleasant thing to happen to guests like me who had drove almost 400 kms.

3)The room was beautiful clean and had a beautiful fragrance as soon as we opened it.

4)The Tea coffee maker had a huge supply of all kinds of supplies and was more than enough for all of us.

5)The high tea offered complimentary was very tasty and refreshing for travelers like us.

6)The quality of food served at Buffet dinner was excellent.The cook took pains to ask us for our preferences and even cooked few dishes that we liked but were not on menu.

7)The service at the restaurant was excellent with all things served at a mere gesture.the staff was very polite and friendly.

8)The happy hours at the bar offered great discounts something which is hard to find in hotels of this caliber The Bar tender Mr Bahadur served lovely cocktails.

9)Both the chefs were very good and one of them Mr Bappa even gifted a box full of crackers to my daughter when she had mentioned crackers only once during a chat on the table.

10)The kids club was excellent and the on duty staff took good care of my child and made sure that she enjoyed her visit at the club.The staff there gifted a box of chocolates to my Daughter when they came to know that she liked chocolates

11)There were complimentary horse rides and pot making too.

12)The check out was very fast and efficient and they even cooked us a take away for the day.The take away parcel was very tasty.

All the arrangements were done in such manner that I had nothing to complain and made me smile throughout my stay
.When I compare my stay here to my earlier stay at a hotel near Shilpgram with similar Tariff(Reviewed by me earlier) the quality of service makes them poles apart.

To conclude such hospitality was the best I have ever experienced ever .

Keep it up Mr Mehta and your dedicated team.Hope to see you soon Trident

Room Tip: First floor (Reception floor) are the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and rating us so highly (10/10)
We are so pleased to read that your vacation was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with genuine and attentive service and I am so pleased to learn that we were successful in achieving this with you.

The team members were delighted to read your review, particularly the ladies and gentlemen from the kitchen team who indulged you in some out of the menu delicacies.

I am sometimes not even aware of the success stories that occur in on a typical day at Trident Udaipur. I learn about them when speaking to guests, or when reading a review like yours. I will personally congratulate each one of them, especially Karan Bhapa and Varuna at the kids club who went out of their way to surprise and delight your daughter. Prem Bahadur- the Bar tender would also truly appreciate your gracious praise.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, but I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and not only enjoy but take pride in what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to spend this holiday at with us and for your feedback, we look forward to your return visit sometime soon. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel architecture and decoration are beautiful. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is immaculate. The service is efficient and polite. The food is great! The building is sorrounded by a large beautiful garden with swimming pool and playground.

Room Tip: The hotel is sorrounded by a large garden. I think all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well noted and appreciated.

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur. Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel in Udaipur. It is located on the lake side and is not very far from the old city. The property is beautiful and the rooms are small but comfortable. I enjoyed the pool side and also the bar.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. I have shared your comments with the entire team; they all shall truly appreciate your generous compliments. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back in not so distant future. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 days. Great property well maintained. Nice place to have a feel of the royal era synonymous with Udaipur. Food was superb. Staff at the restaurant need special appreciation. Rooms though small were well kept. Could board the boat to Jag Mandir from the Hotel Jetty. But really suprised that Wi Fi was not provided. Something which only Hotels in India dare to do

Room Tip: Dont forget to take your swim wear
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vinod69

Dear Guest

We are very grateful for your feedback following your recent stay with us.
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure having you with us and to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities, as well as the service by the team in particular by my colleagues in the food and beverage section.

We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my colleagues; they shall truly appreciate your generous praise.

In regard to your comments on the internet services -since most renowned Internet service providers do not have infrastructure yet, to provide WIFI services at a reasonable cost, in the city, these services have been outsourced for specific hotel through third party vendors, hence entails a cost.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm personal regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed in this property for two days. It was a nice vacation , entire staff was very polite and great service. The food was good , the garden area and pool area are great. Liked the concept of pottery class within the hotel and the guy there taught very well. Roop Singh ji of Bada mahal was very hospitable.
However on the cons side, the room size is very small (we stayed in Garden facing deluxe room) and bathroom are even smaller with bath tub sufficient for a kid only. Also, there was no welcome drink which is little surprising for a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Prefer pool facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated and very delighted to know who much you enjoyed the service by the team.I am also glad to know that the kids had a wonderful time during the pottery session.

I regret to note that we inadvertently missed out on serving welcome drink, we shall be more careful of this in future.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was a truly beautiful place to stay - we could have stayed longer! the food was superb - it was a nice touch, the chef coming around talking to people at dinner (but I never did get that recipe- for the potato/vegetable dish). all meals of a high standard and in a beautiful setting, gardens etc. Staff were so well trained, polite, helpful and friendly - and remembered names!!! Down by the pool - what can I say - this was delightful especially at sunset - you could not beat it! Sitting areas both indoors and outdoor were beautiful. Our room was very good but the only part that we felt was 4* rather than 5* but I have to say I wanted to take one of those pillows home with me! I would love to go back to this place. Took a walk and met an elderly employee who told us about the deer, wild boar and peacocks (saw some) and some details of the old fort - he was so kindly. If you go here and dont like this place there is something badly wrong with you!

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade - we did not but had friends who did and got it - much superior
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest

We are very grateful for such amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor and recommending us highly.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and to read that you had a comfortable stay. Most importantly to note that you enjoyed impeccable service by the team especially the Chefs and that you would opt to return to Trident when next in Udaipur.

We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my colleagues.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

If I can be of any assistance with reservations or for anything else in Udaipur please do not hesitate to write to me.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback ,we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was a lovely hotel to spend the last 2 nights of our tour in India. Staff were friendly & helpful, lovely gardens to stroll through. Hotel rooms both private & public were very high standard. Pool was good with wonderful view, poolside mango lassi was a divine drink. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Udaipur

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your fabulous review following your stay at the Trident in Udaipur. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I was very happy to read that you and your family had such a fantastic time and that our team members were instrumental in making your stay enjoyable. The entire team, especially the Chefs would be very pleased to read your accolades and the compliments on mango lassi.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.
Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident; it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.