“Hospitality at its Best”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Right from check inn to check out everything was perfect, we went on holiday from 25th april for three nights, this was our sixth visit , but was perfect .
The special request for Veg food attended by Cheff Harsh was so nice we were more than satisfied , he always made sure that all our requests were attended perfectly and specially my four year old daughter's food requirements were satisfied .
Not to forget that it is perfectly conceived property in between one of the best Lush green gardens .

Room Tip: all rooms are good but go for lower level rooms which are close to gardens , any rooms before room 1...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. Chef Harsh and the entire culinary team would be especially delighted to read your gracious praise.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Trident Udaipur

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our trip to Udaipur in late October
and we had an absolutely amazing stay.
The staff were fantastic, friendly, incredibly polite and helpful. Very organized property, always very clean too, our room was excellent, comfortable and clean.
Very good breakfast with wonderful view. This was my first stay
at Trident and I'm looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaganMudgal

Dear Guest

We are glad to read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Trident. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay.

We are delighted to read your positive comments you made about the team and service. I have already shared your review with the team; they are happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and appreciated.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. We are truly grateful to the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.
Above all it is most rewarding to note that you would consider staying at the Trident when next in Udaipur. Thank you !

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you.

Thanks once again for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Sincerely

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Third business visit. What nice people and the hotel has great colonial charm even though it's only 10 years old. Rooms are not huge but appointments are very nice and the whole hotel a lovely tranquil oasis in a town that is not what one would call romantic!

Great swimming pool, good food in restaurant. Internet not free but great speed and not too expensive.

That's why I go back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay(s) at the Trident in Udaipur.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location; the old world charm, food and the swimming pool, and most importantly that you would want to return when next in Udaipur.

I have shared your review with the team, especially the Chefs -they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you! it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 November 2013

A very impressive hotel with a grand entrance. Trident rooms are always very nice and here was no exception with good size room nice bath and shower and very comfortable bed. Food and drink is a little pricy but for the adventurous there a dozens of reasonably priced lake side restaurants just a short Tuk Tuk ride away. We got a Tuk Tuk ride into the town one evening and looked around the shops, it was well worth the trip. We also found a fabulous lakeside restaurant called Raaj Bagh not far from the hotel where the food and service was excellent.
The only negative I have about the Trident is the exorbitant price for WiFi, come on Trident Hotels it's 2013 free wifi is available world wide nowadays!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are grateful for your feedback following your stay with us.
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure having you with us and to read that you enjoyed our services and the facilities. We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my colleagues; they shall truly appreciate your generous praise.

In regard to your comments on internet -since most renowned Internet service providers do not have infrastructure yet to provide WIFI services at a reasonable cost or through data cards, in the city.High band width Internet services have been outsourced through third party vendors, hence entails a cost. We as a company are working various vendors to minimize these costs, we hope to make headway soon.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm personal regards

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was our 2 nd trip to Udaipur and trident .We have never been spoilt so bad by a hotel .check in was smooth ,we had asked for connecting rooms for kids ,and had put in a special request .but it seems the hotel didn't get that thru central reservation, so they made us check in 2 rooms temporarily after lunch .but soon offered a suite with 2 rooms .we were pleased .but that was just the start of the best service we ever had been subjected to .
The food was yum ,every time the staff would ask for our preferences , kids choices & promptly we were served .the lake boat ride was arranged on short notice and everything was just wow .thank you Rohan & team for spoiling us , every hotel we stay at now ,is rated in comparison with you guys

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review and rating us so highly, following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time whilst your stay and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to exceed your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Executive Chairman Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people highly motivated and engaged.

I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The last time I visited Udaipur I was staying in Sheraton and got an opportunity to stay in Trident on this time. The hotel architecture and decoration externally and internally are beautiful. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, the bathroom is tidy. The service is efficient and Rajasthani food served is great. The garden is well maintained and beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review following your stay at the Trident in Udaipur. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I was very happy to read that you and your family had such a fantastic time and that our team members were instrumental in making your stay enjoyable. The entire team, especially the Chefs would be very pleased to read your accolades.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future, if I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Thank you once again for having chosen to stay at the Trident; it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Hotel scored 10 out of 10 points on all fronts.Let me enumerate them.

1)Check in:As we were about to park our car near the hotel gate, another car pulled up in front of us and I expected that we would have to wait for our turn however within minutes another set of attendants came to us and made sure that we could get down immediately .

2)At the reception the receptionist knew my name and welcome drink served to us immediately at arrival was the most pleasant thing to happen to guests like me who had drove almost 400 kms.

3)The room was beautiful clean and had a beautiful fragrance as soon as we opened it.

4)The Tea coffee maker had a huge supply of all kinds of supplies and was more than enough for all of us.

5)The high tea offered complimentary was very tasty and refreshing for travelers like us.

6)The quality of food served at Buffet dinner was excellent.The cook took pains to ask us for our preferences and even cooked few dishes that we liked but were not on menu.

7)The service at the restaurant was excellent with all things served at a mere gesture.the staff was very polite and friendly.

8)The happy hours at the bar offered great discounts something which is hard to find in hotels of this caliber The Bar tender Mr Bahadur served lovely cocktails.

9)Both the chefs were very good and one of them Mr Bappa even gifted a box full of crackers to my daughter when she had mentioned crackers only once during a chat on the table.

10)The kids club was excellent and the on duty staff took good care of my child and made sure that she enjoyed her visit at the club.The staff there gifted a box of chocolates to my Daughter when they came to know that she liked chocolates

11)There were complimentary horse rides and pot making too.

12)The check out was very fast and efficient and they even cooked us a take away for the day.The take away parcel was very tasty.

All the arrangements were done in such manner that I had nothing to complain and made me smile throughout my stay
.When I compare my stay here to my earlier stay at a hotel near Shilpgram with similar Tariff(Reviewed by me earlier) the quality of service makes them poles apart.

To conclude such hospitality was the best I have ever experienced ever .

Keep it up Mr Mehta and your dedicated team.Hope to see you soon Trident

Room Tip: First floor (Reception floor) are the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and rating us so highly (10/10)
We are so pleased to read that your vacation was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with genuine and attentive service and I am so pleased to learn that we were successful in achieving this with you.

The team members were delighted to read your review, particularly the ladies and gentlemen from the kitchen team who indulged you in some out of the menu delicacies.

I am sometimes not even aware of the success stories that occur in on a typical day at Trident Udaipur. I learn about them when speaking to guests, or when reading a review like yours. I will personally congratulate each one of them, especially Karan Bhapa and Varuna at the kids club who went out of their way to surprise and delight your daughter. Prem Bahadur- the Bar tender would also truly appreciate your gracious praise.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, but I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and not only enjoy but take pride in what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to spend this holiday at with us and for your feedback, we look forward to your return visit sometime soon. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Warm regards