“Excellent Food and Wonderful Staff”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Food quality is Top Class. The Lal Maas is to die for. My husband loved the Rajasthan Thali. The ambience in terms of the Hotel estate was outstanding. Used both the gym and the salon. While both are minimalistic but top class.

1  Thank RimyOberoi
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for a wonderfully crafted, precise review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Your comments of food have been well noted and have been shared with the Chef and his team, they are truly delighted to read your generous compliments.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were travelling in India as a group and the tour company selected this hotel. We were very pleased with his property. Our group was given the outdoors area of the restaurant to dine in which was wonderful. The buffet food was high in quality, quantity and variety - the desserts were outstanding. The property is beautiful - there are walking paths all around the area, some leading to wooded areas and to the next hotel and to a deer enclosure with peacocks. There are many cozy outdoor seating areas. The pool area is stunning. The lobby bar is very inviting. Our only complaint was that the first room we were given was very musty but we were quickly assigned another room which had faint traces of a musty smell so this must be an issue at this hotel. All in all, a very wonderful stay.

Room Tip: There is a smoking wing so be aware if that is not where you want to be. Also don't accept a mu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Trident in Udaipur and sharing your review with us.

Your gracious feedback food quality and presentation has been shared with the entire Food & Beverage team. They are delighted to know that their work is being appreciated,it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Your constructive comments housekeeping services have also been discussed with the team for initiating corrective action - thank you.

I appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Most hotels located on or have a good view of Lake Pichola cost a bomb... This one doesn't and for that alone I love this place. Beautiful premises that this hotel shares with its uber luxurious brother Udai Vilas.
Check-in was very nicely done - I arrived at about 4 in the morning and was given a room by around 5:30 or so - well before my scheduled check in time... which I greatly appreciate. As soon as you enter your room though, after check-in, just make sure everything works ... Nothing to fret though - one phonecall to the reception and whatever the problem will be fixed.
Just note that they partner with Avis for taxis for going around Udaipur - that is tremendously overpriced for what you'll finally get - a car from a local travels guy. Recommended to go to the travels guys directly - they charge less than half for whatever package Avis offers.
Would definitely recommend staying here. And if you do, make sure you go the Trident and Oberoi Jetty at night for a truly spectacular view of the lake and the palaces that surround it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ShravanBends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. Front desk team would be especially delighted to read your gracious praise.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

In regard to your comments on Avis cars and an outsourced mode of transportation, I would like to state that we do not encourage, especially in the night, outsourced or any vehicle which is not attached to a reputed agency -as our guests have had a few unpleasant experiences in the past besides quality issues with outsourced vehicles. Avis cars and other agency cars are well kept and drivers speak good English. I regret inconvenience caused owing to this.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The service was excellent (without going too overboard), and the property is beautiful. It is not in the old town of Udaipur, so you do need transportation to get to the main tourist sights, but the hotel is surrounded by gardens, creating a peaceful environment. Helpful staff, lots of extra touches - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on the main floor (the rooms on the lower floor had a musty smell), but do...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

We are very grateful for such amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor and recommending us highly.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and to read that you had a comfortable stay. Most importantly to note that you enjoyed impeccable service by the team -which as attentive yet not intrusive.

We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my colleagues. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

If I can be of any assistance with reservations or for anything else in Udaipur please do not hesitate to write to me.

Thank you so much once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back, soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed two night at the Trident. I have to downgrade the room for the first room we were given was musty smelling and we had to move to another room. However, there was not problem in requesting the move and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The restaurant had a wonderful friendly staff and the food, buffet was excellent The waitpersons went out of their way to make us comfortable and to enjoy our meals. The interior and grounds were absolutely beautiful, clean, and tastefully designed. Just outside the gates of the hotel are some shops which was nice because there is just a small gift/bookstore in the hotel. What I liked about this hotel is they discouraged individual tips and request that we write a review of individuals who made our stay comfortable and served us well. If you want to stay in a beautiful hotel with five star service, book here!

Room Tip: Don't tip, for the first time in a hotel…that was refreshing, and leave the names of those waitp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest

We are glad to read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Trident. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay.

We are delighted to read your positive comments you made about the team and service. I have already shared your review with the team; they are happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and appreciated.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. We are truly grateful to the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you initially on arrival while swapping rooms, we shall be more careful of this in future.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you.

Thank for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Sincerely

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The stay here on our first trip to India was outstanding, with all the staff truly superb and made you feel truly special and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room was excellent in every way and always kept clean and spotless, grounds and swimming pool as well.

Room Tip: Room overlooking garden excellent
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest

We are very grateful for such amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor and rating us highly.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and to read that you had a comfortable stay, most importantly to note that you enjoyed impeccable service by the team.

If I can be of any assistance with reservations for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels or for anything else in Udaipur please do not hesitate to write to me.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back, soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Most remarkable thing was that each and everyone of the staff went out of their way to make us not only comfortable but positively happy!
The Oberoi experience par excellence!
Rooms could have been a bit bigger!
Food,service,property and maintainence were fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank digambar_tendulkar
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review.

We are so pleased to read that your stay was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people.

The entire team shall be highly delighted to read your comments.Expectations for us to deliver are very high, as you rightly mentioned – the Oberoi experience, I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and enjoy what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident in Udaipur; it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, if I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards