“Excellent Property,Disappointing Food.”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was on a leisure tour on 25th Dec.2013.The location, ambiance was extremely amazing.
The staff was courteous.The buffet had very limited options, not expected from Trident.Food quality was okay. It was pleasant experience as we were dining outdoor, otherwise inside the Restaurant it was very crowded due to small area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and its services. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

We appreciate your comments on the location, ambiance and most importantly your wonderful compliments to the team on quality of service and courteousness.

I regret to note that we were unable to live up to your expectations in terms of food options, please let me reiterate my sincere apologies for the not so good impression we have made during your visit, on this aspect. This is certainly not indicative of the quality that we pride ourselves on.
We do take feedback very seriously and I assure you that we shall work through your comments with the Chef and his team.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

There are newer reviews for Trident Udaipur

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Everything at the hotel was awesome. This was one stay i would remember for my life. All the staff at the hotel really made the entire experience special.

It was my birthday during the stay and everybody from the manager, Chef, and housekeeping helped my wife for a perfect and special surprise. All the staff at the hotel was so well trained and courteous that we felt very special.

Trident management, The ad on the television about Trident is pefectly true. Thanks for a perfect holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review.

We are so pleased to read that your stay was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people.

The entire team shall be highly delighted to read your comments.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, as you rightly mentioned – the Trident experience, I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and enjoy what they do.

I am so glad to read that the team did attempt to make your birthday celebrations special. All good wishes from all of us for the year ahead.

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident in Udaipur; it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, if I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I think this was our sixth stay at this property. The people and the property were great as usual.
We did have a service issue during our stay here (for the first time in all our stays). Everyone involved took care of the situation very quickly.

The personalized service is just amazing here. We have felt it every year.

We will no doubt be returning next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your past stays at the Trident in Udaipur and for posting such a great review.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience has been excellent. It is always gratifying to read that the entire team is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self.
We really try hard to delight our guests without being obtrusive and overbearing. I really appreciate your kind words, my staff will be glad to read that their service oriented attitude and anticipatory approach is recognized - that will make them feel very special indeed.

We do hope that you will plan another stay with us soon. In the mean time if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to write to me.

Many thanks !

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel staff was excellent , spefically in the coffe shop . very helpful with kids and service, rajasthani food was the best we ate. most of the local restaraunts we went for rajasthanni food were average to very poor.The gardens are great to sit and nap in and very peaceful, the property has peacocks freely running around.

The rooms havent been renovated and have an old feel.

Room Tip: get a garden facing view - the rooms are old and havent been renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team. It gives me immense pleasure to pass on a copy of your appreciations to the team about their "top notch" service.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Me and my family checkin 26th dec for two nights.excellent property,lushh green grounds and wildlife sanctury and udaiy ulas obroy next to trident and tridents own boat jetty,peacocks are in the gardens of trident,spoted deer and lot of other birds,I think this the best hotel which I saw in india,location is 5km away from main markeat area but near to fatehsagar lake.barah mehal is heritage inside the propety.I recomend specialy for familys,Me and my family play bedminton after long time, my 13yrs daughter enjoyed all activities.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

It is most rewarding to know that your daughter and the family had a wonderful time at the play area and made use of all activities.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Trident Udaipur is situation in lovely gardens in a quiet location with views across a lake. The hotel rooms are very comfortable and the bar and cafe/restaurant are excellent. We only stayed one night but could have spent several days there relaxing by the pool or walking through the gardens, but unfortunately our tour program didn't allow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Trident in Udaipur. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location; the old world charm and the walkways by the pool side.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer duration ,next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a great introduction to India. Having spent over 24 hours to get to Udaipur, it was like landing in an oasis. Away from the hustle of the city, it was nice to roam the grounds and catch your breath. Food offerings couldn't have been better. Beautiful hotel and excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest

We are very grateful for your feedback following your stay with us.
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location, the grounds and most importantly -Service.

We constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share your comments with my colleagues; they shall truly appreciate your generous praise.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm personal regards