“EXECELLANT HOTEL”

Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Udaipur
Calgary, Canada
“EXECELLANT HOTEL”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Trident over the Christmas period and it was one of the best Christmas we have had. The Christmas Gala we attended was very well organized with live band, different food stations, excellent service and it was held in the Garden. It was very nice to have the Trident staff join in on the dance floor. Mr. Metha, Managing Director, and his family made our stay very memorable. We cannot find any faults with Trident, the staff are always smiling and willing to go out of their way to help. We would highly recommend staying at the Trident as it was very clean and excellent service provided by the staff and Mr. Metha. We would stay at the Trident again.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the Garden view and it was nice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident in Udaipur and for posting such a great review and recommending us so highly.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It is always gratifying to read that the entire team is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self. We really try hard to delight our guests without being obtrusive and overbearing. I really appreciate your kind words for the team.

We do hope that you will plan another stay with us soon. In the mean time if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to write to me.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Hebrew first
Mumbai (Bombay), India

Location:
This hotel is about 26 ams away from the Udaipur airport. It is located next to the Pichola Lake, but not on the banks of it. It has a jetty access which is through it's neighbouring hotel The Udaivilas, which is a luxury hotel; but apart from the jetty access the hotel is usually approachable by road.

Check in and Room:
The check in process was smooth and the front office staff were more than willing to accommodate to every whim and fancy of mine. I got a garden facing room which was very refreshing as I'm not too much of a 'water-facing-room' person. The rooms are spacious enough which is comfortable even after a double occupancy.

Service:
Room service and housekeeping staff were prompt and helpful but I found the restaurant service a bit slow. The staff at the restaurant were slow in cleaning up the table every time I would go to the buffet counter for a refill.

F&B:
The breakfast spread is pretty elaborate with various types of cold cuts, omelettes, breads etc. Dinner buffet was fine with an assortment of proteins and it is the first hotel that I came across, which serves brown rice! I was surprised and pleased! The alcohol menu is nothing to die for but they are equipped with the basics. Overall food quality is good.

It's equipped with a nice gym, swimming pool (which I didn't get by to using) and it has sprawling lawns which are a treat to walk in.

Overall I would definitely visit again for business purposes!!

Room Tip: I loved the garden facing rooms!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I appreciate your time to comment on your recent stay with us -thank you very much indeed.

Your comments have been shared with the entire team - they will be happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel in its entirety, especially the ambiance and service, most importantly- to note that you would return to Trident, when next in Udaipur for business.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, in the meantime if I can be of any assistance – please feel free to write to me.

Many thanks once again.

With kind regards

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in 2 places in Udaipur, Trident and Lalit Laxmi. Trident is a 5 star and Lalit Laxmi is a 1 star. Trident is great service and the quality I expect from a nice hotel in India.

Staff went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. I was sitting in the bar area and mentioned it was cold; hostess brought a blanket for me. Waiter brought a sample of the local smokey dahl for me to taste when I mentioned I loved trying all types of Indian food. Desk staff had someone purchase a chain and lock for me when I mentioned I was taking the train solo and wanted to lock my luggage to my seat. Kitchen prepared a sandwich to go for me to take with me for my train ride.

Large grounds of green grass to walk around. You can view peacocks and get quite close. There is a pool and playground for kids.

For dinner and breakfast you can choose the buffet or order a la carte. The local dish of spinach with lentil dumplings was an unusual treat.

Overall a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Would stay at the Trident again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and rating us so highly.

We are so pleased to read that your vacation was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with genuine and attentive service and I am so pleased to learn that we were successful in achieving this with you.

The team members were delighted to read your review, particularly the ladies and gentlemen from the kitchen team who indulged you in some local delicacies.

I am sometimes not even aware of the success stories that occur in on a typical day at Trident Udaipur. I learn about them when speaking to guests, or when reading a review like yours. I will personally congratulate each one of them, who went out of their way to delight you. They would be truly pleased to read your gracious praise.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, but I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and not only enjoy but take pride in what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to spend this holiday at with us and for your feedback, we look forward to your return visit sometime soon. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Many thanks!

Kind regards

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were staying at the Trident in a Deluxe Garden View room during December 31, 2013 and got to participate in the New Year's celebration at the hotel. And was it a celebration!!

There had to be at least 50 food stations with just about anything your heart could desire. And, the food was tasty!! After grazing, the DJ started the dancing and it was a good mixture of different types of music so that all can participate. Young and old were boogying to the sounds until the dawn of the New Year, 2014.

We had a problem with our queen size bed on our first night, and the hotel immediately switched us to another room while we were sight seeing the next day. They even moved our stuff for us to the new room. They were very accommodating. On our last day, we had an early flight and had to check out at 5:00 am. The hotel had a boxed breakfast for us to take to the airport.

Room Tip: As far as I know, our Deluxe Garden View room was good. Rooms on the other side may have had a bette...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review.
We are so pleased to read that your stay was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people.

I am delighted to note that you had a wonderful time on the New Years Eve and to know our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience, especially the culinary team.
My colleagues truly appreciate your gracious comments.

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident in Udaipur; it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, if I can be of any assistance with reservations or for anything else in Udaipur ,please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards

Jaipur, India
Reviewed 20 January 2014

2nd night stay was horrible, we could not sleep after 2 am, since just near room plumber work going on, that stop after our complaint. Food quality as well as qty is very average. Will not visit any of Trident Hotel again and not recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest

I deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you owing maintenance work in the night. There was a unprecedented sudden leakage in our chilled water pipe system which had to be addressed immediately else would have lead to disruption of other services. The work was being carried out at the basement of the hotel and we exercised all caution to ensure our guests do not get disturbed. I reiterate my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I sincerely hope that you shall treat this incident in isolation and let it mar your impression of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I know the other two hotels in the area (Udaivillas and Leela) tend to be revered as the top hotels in the area, but Trident makes up for all of that with unparalleled service.

I had read up on TripAdvisor about Trident's legendary customer service and personal care -- but when I experienced it first hand I was genuinely touched. They get it right - it's personal, as if you are their home guests.. memorizing your name, breakfast choices, seating preferences and even what you tend to like as condiments with your food.

The hotel is also built in a nice quiet corner which is great. It's sister property (Oberoi Udaivilas) is definitely much more grand in terms of building, but it's also 3-4 times more expensive.

I think Trident is a perfect place to stay if you are not keen to shell out the super high rates of Leela or Taj or Udaivilas and you will not be disappointed. You get everything that those other "premier" hotels can offer!

Room Tip: I read that the pool facing rooms are not a good choice as people can see you in the rooms. We chose...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

We are glad to read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Trident. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay.

We are delighted to read your positive comments you made about the team and service. I have already shared your review with the team; they are happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and appreciated.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. We are truly grateful to the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you.

Thank for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Sincerely

Tennessee
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Trident people provide you excellent service. They are polite and always at your service. Rooms are excellent. They have a nice swimming pool and a beautiful garden. Food is good. It is difficult to find anything to complain about Trident.

Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.
We appreciate your feedback and appreciation, especially the comments you made on service and food quality. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I also appreciate your word of mouth recommendations, it is always gratifying to read that the entire team is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.