“Only Cons- Paid Internet Access & Little Stinking Rooms”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
Mumbai
“Only Cons- Paid Internet Access & Little Stinking Rooms”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Trident, Udaipur is a very beautiful hotel matching the brand standards of Brand Trident.
Pros-
1. Good Location
2. Good Restaurant and Delicious Food with Great Hospitality & view
3. OK Breakfast but need to improve on no of Menu Items (4/5)
4. Inhouse small Wildlife Sanctuary where you can spot deers and peacocks.
5. Great Hospitality as expected

Cons-
1. Its a 10 year old hotel as told to me by someone so being at a cold place, I find some moisture smell inside the rooms. Though the management immediately thrown upon 2-3 options anf shown more rooms but all were same. Well, good thing they put a heater inside the room.
2. At Trident group they charge money for Internet Access. I know its their policy and local staff cant do much about it. I was staying at Mumbai Nariman Point property some time back. I complained the same there for which I got a formal reply from the General Manager.
I feel like car, mobile etc. Internet access is a basic ammenity. Even at malls, airports etc. free wi-fi is available. Charging for such things is a bigturn off. They really need to do something for this.
I am member of some other leading hotel chains but they dont follow this practice and give free access to iternet.

Overall, the property is good and worth staying if you are in Udaipur.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you have had an enjoyable stay and found the services good, we truly appreciate your comments on location, food services and above all service by the team. Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

In regard to your comments on internet since most renowned Internet service providers do not have infrastructure yet, to provide WIFI services at a reasonable cost, in the city, high band width Internet services have been outsourced for specific hotel through third party vendors, hence entails a cost.

I have also noted your constructive feedback on moisture content in the rooms; we shall work through your comments with the teams.I regret the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident in Udaipur next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Hebrew first
Delhi
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel staff was really very helpful and courteous. The food had great variety, both in veg and non veg as well as Indian and Continental. But special thanks to the management staff. I went there for my wife's birthday and we got a special souvenir from the management. So overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Udaipur is a beautiful city and if you are planing to visit soon, then Trident is one to look for, for your stay. Its located slightly out of the main market but the property is very well maintained and the food is amazing. Specially the bakery out there is one of my personal favorite.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Trident in Udaipur.

I have shared your review with the team, especially the Chefs -they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Paris, France
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I was on a friends wedding and we had the best facilities infact the amazing thing was mandap was specially built in the hotel grounds and there was special Jain food which i felt it was a biggest respect offered by management special thanks to thr manager who helped us though we ha had forgot our passport in amdawad hotel

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Trident Hotel chain does a great job for a 4 star hotel. Nice staff, very clean, comfortable beds and good food on the MAP plan. I enjoyed my stay. Close to attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in Udaipur.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank georgia1124
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated, precise review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation, especially the comments you made on service and food quality. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I also appreciate your word of mouth recommendations; it is always gratifying to read that the entire team is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Dayton, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Very nice interior and exterior. Good variety in breakfast. Excellent security at entrance to the hotel. Very courteous staff. Driver's accommodation did not have hot water. Difficult during winter. Had to send the driver to a different place for the night. Extra expense. Did not get point credit for staying at the hotel. The reason given was paid for multiple rooms. Now If one travels as a family obviously they would have more then one room!!.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

We do not have provision for drivers stay overnight apart from a rest room and basic amenities which can be used during the day, I regret if this caused you inconvenience.

In regard to your credit of Trident privilege points, please email me the details on the below mentioned mail id to enable me to check the eligibility and revert.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed at the Trident for three nights in November during the busy wedding season. The food at the restaurant was excellent and the location was quite good, though you don't get a view of the lake. Entire staff was very hospitable during the trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit ,soon.