“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have stayed here multiple times.... Great hotel - good service !! Fantastic location.. Good variety of food .. Nice bar.. Quaint rooms.. Nice well equipped gym...
Loved the swimming pool and breakfast too..!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We were so happy to read your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks once again.

Sincerely

amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

After a 40 minute drive from the airport, you come to the amazing grounds of the Trident. Perfectly manicured and tastefully done. The hotel staff is superb, from the tall turbaned guard at the gate to the lovely welcome at the reception.

The rooms are reasonable, we had one which overlooked the lawn.

My regret is that we were there only for one evening to attend a wedding. Wish we had more time in this lovely hotel and lovely city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SingaporeKAP
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you owing to inadequacies in the room.

My team and I look forward to your future visits; please feel free to write to me if I could be of any assistance in Udaipur or for making any special arrangements for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I loved this hotel. It is very pretty, there are extensive landscaped gardens to wander through and you can stroll down to the lake and take in the wonderful views. The hotel organises its own boat trip around the lake which is much more convenient than trying to book a place on one of the public boats. The boat leaves around 5.00 every day and when we went, we had the boat to ourselves! The food is very good and staff are friendly and accommodating.
If you are visiting Udaipur, do make sure you take a trip to the monsoon palace: the views are terrific.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife had some Trident loyalty points to use up, so we booked 4 nights in Udaipur.

The service throughout the hotel is excellent, and Trident make a point of their staff knowing the guests' names. They also have a no tipping policy (though you're welcome to leave a sealed tip envelope on check-out and name anyone who stands out).

The hotel grounds are extensive and mostly immaculate, while the public areas of the hotel are quite grand. The room wasn't quite so grand, being slightly on the small side. The mattresses were no better than okay though extra pillows and towels would arrive within minutes of being asked for (including a firmer pillow for my wife). The bathroom had a shower over an average-sized tub. Water pressure was fantastic, I might add!

The restaurant serves a buffet at both breakfast and dinner, with a la carte options (it won't necessarily be mentioned that there's an extra charge...). It was hit and miss, and definitely give the creme caramel a pass as it's pretty close to scrambled egg. Our one meal outside the hotel, in the hills to the north, may have been the meal that caused the usual western reaction to Indian hygiene standards, whereas the hotel food caused no such trouble. The minibar prices were low by western standards, but it's easy enough to stop at a supermarket and stock up on supplies at a quarter of the price. If you buy cans of Coke though, it's advisable to either wash the cans or drink only from hotel glasses.

For excursions beyond the grounds, there is an Avis office in the hotel. Rental cars come with a driver, for good reason. If you are European, North American or Australasian, you CANNOT drive in India. Really. Just don't! The driver who collected us from the airport was genuinely scary. On our first full day, we were assigned Harish who scared us less so we stuck with him until the end of our stay. His English was limited but we got by, and he was genuinely helpful. Like all the drivers I suspect, he had a few "friends" we had to visit. I have little doubt there's a quid pro quo for delivering western customers to carpet weavers, marble shops, trinket shops and the like. We certainly paid over the odds for some of our souvenirs, but not enough for it to be a major issue. Harish knew the tour guides at the palaces in Udaipur, and there I think we got a fair deal.

There is an organisation in the Udaipur area called Sadhna (dot org) which aims to empower women by teaching them the textile trade and paying them fairly for their products. They also charge significantly less than the tourist traps... I thoroughly recommend supporting them, and Harish knows the way to their shop.

Another stand-out among the staff was a cocktail waiter called Yahaya who, despite being Muslim, mixed us some very nice drinks.

All in all, if you're going to Udaipur and the Oberoi is too pricey or too showy, the Trident still offers luxury in terms of service, and reasonable comfort in terms of rooms. The city is surrounded by beautiful scenery and is far less chaotic than the more usual tourist destinations in India.

Room Tip: 200-series rooms (lobby level) are quieter than 100-series (ground floor) rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScotsCanuck
Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to smaller room size and the quality of the matters. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Best regards

canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am glad my tour organizer, explore india, talked me into spending a couple of days here. It is dubbed as being a "romantic city"... And not travelling with my husband I wanted to take a pass.... I did not and glad for it. The hotel trident was great. It is a former palace, with a very good Italian restaurant where we ate in a beautiful garden setting. The second night we are al fresco again, while watching wedding fireworks in the sky, indian dancers on the dance floor,... All with a very good buffet and very attentive staff. The rooms were also great.
We can also highly recommend the trident in Mumbai - same great service and accommodations. Paola

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Many thanks once again.

Sincerely

Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Good property, beautiful location, but the rooms were too small. I was with my family my wife, son 5 years and myself. The food was very good especially the bakery one of the best I had seen in recent past. Not much to do there but had a kids area where my kid enjoyed. There need to be a club room but wasn't there. Also no massage parlour. Overall good experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

We do have a Spa at the hotel with two therapy rooms, I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the orientation of the hotel to apprise you of the facilities. I regret the inconvenience caused,we shall be more careful of this in future.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Best regards

Dhiraj Mehta
dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very good hotel. I really found this hotel comfortable, with absolutely super service. Only location was little far from the monuments. There was some good shopping around the hotel. The breakfast was super. The meals were very good. Nice comfortable rooms and very good washrooms.
The staff were excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. If I come to Udaipur again, no question about it- will stay here only.
Thank you Trident Udaipur.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Dhiraj Mehta