“Gorgeous property with great service!!”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Udaipur
Hong Kong, China
“Gorgeous property with great service!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went on a girl's trip to Udaipur and stayed at Trident for 3 nights. Rooms were comfortable. Bathroom a tad small especially bathtub area but did not bother us too much. The staff overall in all departments were very helpful and very pleasant. Check in was smooth. Morning breakfast were the absolute highlight. Besides the fact the the buffet spread (included in our room rate) was absolutely DELICIOUS the staff were all so friendly and eager to be of service. We enjoyed our coffee sitting in the outdoor area overlooking the grounds around and the pool. Saw and heard peacocks. It was the most special part of the whole day. We walked around the grounds and even walked to the jetty which is for Udaivilas guests. Those early morning walks were so peaceful and invigorating. Absolutely loved our stay and would love to go back and this time bring my family. I know my kids (young teenagers) would love it as much as I did.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Hebrew first
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice clean hotel but staff not as friendly as you would expect in india. Would use it again. It was clean and comfortable unfortunately we were out most of the day so did not get the opportunity to use the facilities.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I am deeply disappointed to note that you found our team members not friendly. We have always as a hotel boasted about our team’s friendly attitude and timely service. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Best regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel has everything you could want and more. The staff are welcoming and service oriented, the rooms beautiful, and the food outstanding. Great food. Would be perfect if offered free wi-fi. Will come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I have noted your feedback on the internet being expensive. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel was overbooked..we were asked to wait for checkin..and then appeared Adarsh(Front desk manager), who first apologised and then pleaded us to accept an upgrade! We had booked for 2 nights and both nights were upgraded: the first one to Udaivilas and the second one to their best suite in the hotel. It was my wife's 50th birthday..and wow what a way to celebrate...bouquet on arrival, cake in the evening and an exclusive candle lit dinner on the terrace. Memorable indeed!! Special mention for the service of Himanshu and Sahil from their Chandni restaurant. Food is fabulous. Do try their local Rajasthani dishes.

The location of the hotel is wonderful: just next to the lake. And a sanctuary, with dancing peacocks and deers, for your morning stroll. You can walk down the internal road to the Udaivilas campus to see the sunrise. The sunset from the terrace is also nice.

Most relevant point : complete value for money!!

Room Tip: The suite facing both the lake and the swimming pool on the first floor has the best view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We were so happy to read your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks once again.

Delhi
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband surprised me with a mid week break for 2 days to celebrate my birthday. The staff at the Trident are really AMAZING !!! From organising dinner reservations, a romantic boat ride,doing up the room with flowers, champagne, cake (the works ) & even a little gift - what can I say except a big Thank You to everyone at the Trident who gave me such a lovely surprise & a wonderful welcome . The location & the beautiful lush green grounds makes one feel in the midst of nature. We had a fantastic time & will definitely return some day.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same - we had a pool facing one !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at Trident hotels.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your stay at our hotels and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best wishes!!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Trident hotel in Udaipur was a wonderful experience. From a beautiful lush green setting overlooking Pichola lake, the hotel has everything you could want. The staff are welcoming and service oriented, the rooms beautiful, and the food outstanding. What else do you need?
Evelyn Levinson

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Warm regards

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have stayed here multiple times.... Great hotel - good service !! Fantastic location.. Good variety of food .. Nice bar.. Quaint rooms.. Nice well equipped gym...
Loved the swimming pool and breakfast too..!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Many thanks once again.