“Best Trident holiday property”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 158 Hotels in Udaipur
New Delhi, India
“Best Trident holiday property”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I travelled to Trident Udaipur during the late december of 2013. Placed on the banks of Lake Pichola is this beautiful property. This was my second visit to the place and i simply loved it, whether it was the boat ride or the peacocks roaming or the candle light dinner in the open by the lake...... The best thing is that you are taken care off at Trident and i simply love it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Hebrew first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2014

When you first arrive, you know you are on for a treat!! The Trident has gorgeous grounds to roam around, a lovely pool, and if your lucky, as we were- a fantastic wedding to observe!
The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean, the dining room is just beautiful and has very attentive wait staff. The restaurant even had a small hot breakfast for those of us leaving the hotel at 5am for an early flight to Mumbai !! That's service!
If you walk out of the entrance and towards town, right outside the gates are some shops to wander around in.
Overall, we stayed at three Trident's on our trip. This is the prettiest and best location!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on the hotel, its services and especially our people, following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

The entire team is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

As you rightly mentioned ,we endeavour to live up to our ethos and our philosophy which places people at the centre of everything we do, to train and support our team members in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged, as they are the most important aspect of our business.

It gives me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
new delhi
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed at Trident Udaipur in early December on a business trip to Udaipur...came in from Delhi by the early morning flight and couldnt find the hotel pick anywhere...contacted the hotel and it seemed there was mix up which resulted in the hotel pick up car not turning up. However they immediately spoke to their airport assistance team and arranged a pick up vehicle from the airport. That drama notwithstanding it was easy ride after that...hotel was kind enough to let us checkin early..elaborate breakfast spread and there is a sit out terrace adjoining the dining hall which is a nice setting for a lovely breakfast under the balmy sun.
The base category room was good and adequate for a business traveler. Couldnt explore the hotel much as was on a short trip...however they boast of lovely open spaces with peacocks running around!However if you are a tourist and want to stay in a lake side property, this won't tick that box.
I had a guest who was a vegan and the chef took personal care of his meals and was happy to customise the food accordingly.
All in all a comfortable stay in an efficient brand!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I have noted your feedback concerning the airport pickup being missed due to a communication error. Allow me to assure you that we have started to streamline the process entirely and you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us.

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went on a girl's trip to Udaipur and stayed at Trident for 3 nights. Rooms were comfortable. Bathroom a tad small especially bathtub area but did not bother us too much. The staff overall in all departments were very helpful and very pleasant. Check in was smooth. Morning breakfast were the absolute highlight. Besides the fact the the buffet spread (included in our room rate) was absolutely DELICIOUS the staff were all so friendly and eager to be of service. We enjoyed our coffee sitting in the outdoor area overlooking the grounds around and the pool. Saw and heard peacocks. It was the most special part of the whole day. We walked around the grounds and even walked to the jetty which is for Udaivilas guests. Those early morning walks were so peaceful and invigorating. Absolutely loved our stay and would love to go back and this time bring my family. I know my kids (young teenagers) would love it as much as I did.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice clean hotel but staff not as friendly as you would expect in india. Would use it again. It was clean and comfortable unfortunately we were out most of the day so did not get the opportunity to use the facilities.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I am deeply disappointed to note that you found our team members not friendly. We have always as a hotel boasted about our team’s friendly attitude and timely service. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Best regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel has everything you could want and more. The staff are welcoming and service oriented, the rooms beautiful, and the food outstanding. Great food. Would be perfect if offered free wi-fi. Will come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I have noted your feedback on the internet being expensive. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel was overbooked..we were asked to wait for checkin..and then appeared Adarsh(Front desk manager), who first apologised and then pleaded us to accept an upgrade! We had booked for 2 nights and both nights were upgraded: the first one to Udaivilas and the second one to their best suite in the hotel. It was my wife's 50th birthday..and wow what a way to celebrate...bouquet on arrival, cake in the evening and an exclusive candle lit dinner on the terrace. Memorable indeed!! Special mention for the service of Himanshu and Sahil from their Chandni restaurant. Food is fabulous. Do try their local Rajasthani dishes.

The location of the hotel is wonderful: just next to the lake. And a sanctuary, with dancing peacocks and deers, for your morning stroll. You can walk down the internal road to the Udaivilas campus to see the sunrise. The sunset from the terrace is also nice.

Most relevant point : complete value for money!!

Room Tip: The suite facing both the lake and the swimming pool on the first floor has the best view