“A typical Trident property - nice clean rooms, excellent service”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed at the Trident Udaipur property for 2 nights.. Positives: As is the case with all Trident properties, the rooms are nice, clean and the service is fantabulous. The front desk also arranged for a Udai Villas tour (given its a Oberoi property) as well as got us a lunch reservation.. The only negative is that when you possibly compare the rooms with Taj, Leela, Udai Villas etc.. there is no lake view and there is no balcony... Overall a good, pleasant stay..

Room Tip: All rooms are similar, perhaps the pool facing room is better but its priced a little higher...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to the room view and the missing balcony. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we do have rooms over looking the lake, the pool and the Aravali ranges. Please do inform me about your next visit to Udaipur so as to enable us to offer you a better view experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

There are newer reviews for Trident Udaipur

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is next door to one of the best hotels in Asia - The Udaivilas. The rooms of the hotel are clean and the service is impeccable. The buffet is great especially breakfast and there is adequate mix of continental and indian dishes. The staff is friendly, co-operative and are always keen to help. The chefs go out of their way to prepare something special for you if you so desire.
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, away from the crowds and has got an ethnic feel to it even though it has all modern amenities. You can stroll through the gardens and sit on a bench overlooking the lake to read a book or just watch the peacocks dance in the gardens. Take a dip in the pool or sweat it out in the hotel gym..!

Room Tip: You should opt for the rooms on the same floor as the reception and overlooking the pool/Pichola lak...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank anubhav_gaur

Dear Guest

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a lovely 2 night stay here last week (18-20 March 2014). The hotel and its grounds are lovely, the staff very courteous and professional, free wifi, and the pool is excellent. Shame the rooms aren't a bit bigger....Otherwise, no complaints at all!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool, which was great....

Dear Guest

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to smaller room size. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

this hotel shares a gated enclosure with the Oberoi and is set in extensive and beautiful gardens although it gets outward lake views and the Oberoi gets lake views towards the city palace.
The food was very good. It has central tipping....good.
The only down point is the size of the rooms. Ironic really as the grounds are enormous and they could have spread out their buildings easily. Our agent described the rooms as 'cosy'. They functioned perfectly well but were not much bigger than a cabin on a cruise ship excepting the bathroom, which was fine. In keeping with the size of the room, the bed was a mere king size...smaller than we had in any of our other India hotels

This is one of ten hotel reviews from our recent 25 night holiday across northern India. Within those 10 this hotel comes near the top.

Room Tip: this hotel is on 2 levels. The upper level is the same as all the public area and gets better views...

Dear Guest

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to smaller room size and the bed size. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is my second stay at Trident and trust me they are just so very "CONSISTENT". Great ambience, ever smiling staff, great hospitality, seriously with kids they just make you feel so very comfortable, Great kids area, pool...

All in All... at Trident one can blindly trust the service, stay and the experience. Stays with good memories.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aparna A

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We went to this property on an office outbound.. my reveiew in points:
1. The reception handled check in very efficiently..
2. The gardens are well laid out and the pool is also quite nice.
3. Gym is really just a formality and is very very small.. at one time only one person can workout!!
4. Rooms are extremely small and require refurbishing with modern furniture and television sets. Bathrooms too are really small.
5. Lake is not visible from the property.
6. There is only one restaurant and that too I found to be average.
7. Staff is courteous and very efficient

In a nut shell I fell that this hotel is a very poor cousin of the Udai Vilas being in the same campus. Looks like the focus of building this hotel alongside Udai Vilas was to market Uday vilas as a destination wedding location with Trident serving as a cheaper stay options with more rooms to accommodate guests.

For the same cost or lower you have much better properties in Udaipur right on the lake and I would suggest booking those rather than booking the Trident.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and its services. The entire team is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

At the outset, please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you owing to inadequacies in our room, gym, bathroom size and average food and beverage facilities whilst your stay at the hotel.

We endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. I have since addressed the issues with the team personally. I assure you that corrective action has been taken and I am confident you will notice a marked improvement during your next stay with us.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Whether it's a city visit, a destination wedding or just a stopover to the other exotic cities of Rajasthan, Trident stands as the best hotel around.

Unbelievably efficient team pampers all your requirements. You have sprawling greens, a tempting pool, spectacular view of the Aravalis, kids center , well stocked bar, fine cuisines....even a Gym....everything.

All this for a unbeatable price....be there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business