“five star”

Ranked #4 of 158 Hotels in Udaipur
kolkata
“five star”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

great property......v good staff.......but isolated. a little away from the city and the main lake. wish there was a view.

the breakfast rocked. great buffet selection. and awesome service by the coffee shop staff. very courteous. signature oberoi service.

the room...unfortunately...was super fram from the lobby and quite a trek..:(((

but...room quality...v comfy and nice....

traditional.

dint use the pool...but looked v nice and fresh and clean.

overal....good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to the room being away from the lobby. I have made a note of your preference of rooms closer to the lobby and the same shall be made available in your future visit to Udaipur.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Hebrew first
New Delhi
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The property is located in the same complex as Udai Vilas. We booked a package directly with the hotel which included the accommodation and the breakfast. The rooms were very comfortable, one of the best showers in Rajasthan. The breakfast was very good both in terms of taste and variety. The service was the same Oberoi service you expect - very prompt and proactive.

This is a very ecumenical way to holiday. We booked the Spa at Udaivilas and also had our dinners at Udaivilas. The hotel has its golf carts which ferry you to and from Udaivillas.

We had one dinner at Trident - where we found the taste was not up to our expectation.

The hotel is popular with families with little children. Given the number of children in the swimming pool, we didn't use it.

Overall its good if you want to be able to use the facilities of Udai Vilas on an a la carte basis and want to keep the trip economical.

Its good for a one time stay. Next time my wife wants only Udaivillas.

Room Tip: Cars booked directly with hotel are more expensive. Its cheaper to Book directly on Avis India's...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and its services. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

At the outset, please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you owing to inadequacies in the quality of food whilst your stay.

We endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. I have since addressed the issues with the Chef and his team personally. I assure you that corrective action has been taken and I am confident you will notice a marked improvement during your next stay with us.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.

In regard to your comments on recommending Avis cars and not an outsourced mode of transportation, I would like to advise you that we do not encourage, especially in the night, outsourced or any vehicle which is not attached to a reputed agency .As our guests have had a few unpleasant experiences in the past and quality issues with outsourced vehicles. Avis cars and other agency cars are well kept and drivers speak good English. I regret inconvenience caused owing to this.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Kind regards

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2014

So, this property is fantastic in almost every way. Great lobby, stunning grounds, and the rooms are kitted out nicely.

Meals weren't amazingly overpriced, which is always a plus for a major hotel chain in India, so kudos.

All that said - the property itself is still a little sterile, particularly in a city as picturesque as Udaipur, and located a bit away from the sights and activities of the city proper. However, the property itself is good value - and you're probably getting a discount on a place like the Taj Lake Palace precisely because of its location.

We'd easily be back here - but if you did really want to splurge and be 'amongst' the city, it may be better to consider the Taj or somewhere a bit closer to City Palace.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comment on the location of the hotel was of great concern to me. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that our hotel is located 10 to 15 minutes away form all major tourist sites and the city.

I assure you that your feedback shall be dealt with the seriousness it deserves.

I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Kind regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Visited Udaipur with my family. The property, located on lake Pichola, offers amazing views. The staff is extremely friendly. The spa facilities, though small, are clean and relaxing. The area around the hotel has peacock, deer, a variety of birds and even a couple of fox. Hospitable staff, great food and a host of activities. I will surely recommend this place to my friends :)

Room Tip: lake facing rooms are definitely better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for a highly rated and wonderfully crafted review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly fine. Exceptionally clean and up-to-date. But in the romantic city of Udaipur, there are many more exotic choices that remind one less of a big ol' Doubletree Hotel in a major US City. (lots of clean, marble, etc.) Maybe some people need a little vanilla in a land of vibrant spices and unexpected fantastic flavors. I can see where it fills a lot of people's list of "must haves." It was quiet. It had lovely gardens (that were hard to walk in because of nonexistent paths. The services provided were fine, and every staff person we spoke with was terrific.

But it is kind of remote from the sights and other places to dine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were visiting for a wedding, and the property is absolutely stunning. The service was excellent and we would definitely stay here again. The rooms were a bit on the smaller side, but fairly comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to smaller room size. We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Well what can i say you gotta go there and experience it only then youll realise what youve been missing out on.a great place to stay.a memorable experience it was.a must visit if u happpen 2 vist udaipur

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Warm regards