“Stunning and memorable”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Trident udaipur is the great place to stay. We enjoyed our 2 days staying with great joy and satisfaction. Every person which you encounter with is with smile on his face. Which is very pleasant. We strongly recommend to stay here. Great swimming pool, stunning lush green huge garden, sports activity, kids club, etc are the places you would cherish for. Every single part of the hotel is made with great precision and organization. Specially would like to say thanks you to Mr. Anoop who welcomed and sign off us with a big smile.

Stayed: June 2014
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and sparing time to post a review on the hotel and its services.

The team is “over the moon” especially Anoop. The team is delighted to know that they lived up to your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Many thanks once again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Trident on our drive back from Ahmedabad to Delhi. On the first day of our stay, we liked the property but did not get bowled over as it appeared like just another five star property with Trident written allover it. The next day we decided to take a stroll to Bada Bagh and adjoining Uday Vilas. It was stunning and we could not hold ourselves back from getting awed by the wildlife/birds and the picturesque property at lake. That one evening made our stay heavenly. We sat in the garden at Uday Vilas overlooking the lake for hours while kids played around. It will always be one of our cherished memories.

In our minds we have resolved t come back to Udaipur and stay again either at Trident or Udaivilas.

Against: Only one restaurant and limited food options within Trident (But you can always go to Udayvilas restaurants with prior booking)

It is not on the lake property

For: Trident Service standards
Ease of access if you are driving
You can always walk or take a golf cab to Udayvilas which is right on the lake

Room Tip: Higher floor might offer a better view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nirav24
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction, your comment on limited food options was of great concern to me. I have personally taken this up with the Chef and his team who have initiated remedial action in this regard.

I assure you that your feedback shall be dealt with the seriousness it deserves.

I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is my 2nd visit in 15 months & my second review for this hotel will be the same as the first one. Full marks. Truly 5 star with its service, quality and hospitality. From the arrival to departure they give you 100 % satisfaction in all the departments. I loved the breakfast once again. They have maintain the qualities with the food. Not only the spread out is great but also the quality and the taste of all the spread out food items are really nice. Staff is very friendly & always smiling. Special thanks to Mayank Bisht at the bar and Prashant Pandey at the Restaurant. Mayank is exceptional with his service at the bar. Thanks for treating us so well.

There are some negatives. In my first review i had already mentioned about the garden area being so wet and again during my second visit we could not enter into the garden because of constant water spraying. We wanted to visit garden in the evening but it was all wet and watery everywhere. So I guess garden is only for views. And other major negative point for me is bed comfort. Bed is awkward and very uncomfortable for sleep. There is no kids pool. That is strange. Pool view room offers pool view and its costlier than Garden view room. But I stayed in the garden view room both of the times. I suggest Garden view room. Because most of the garden view rooms offers great sunrise view and make the perfect morning with sun rays coming into the room with lush green scenic view of gardens, trees, plants, peacock. Overall thumbs up and i will visiting the place third time.

Room Tip: Garden View Room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your second stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to the quality of the mattress and the inability to visit the gardens due to watering. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

trident - name speaks for itself
We selected this hotel for our delhi-udapur drive(yes i drove from Delhi!!!) because of its heritage,lawns,service,excellent location right next to lake although u dont get lake view rooms as UDAIVILAS eats up on that glorious lake belt.

Hotel pros-
*its almost 10 year old property still its living like a legend
* Lawns are so well maintained, they can easily give a shame to any household or farmhouse lawn, u can see various flowers and can have a glimpse of b'ful Peacock
*dedicated play areas for kids (though it was of no use for me but yes kids playing there seemed enjoying their time)
*Dining area is good specially pool side view.
*location is right in the middle of town- easy access to old udaipur and all the attractions
*Staff is very generous with ever helping attitude. alot of time is spent on maintaining the lawns and that can only seen once u there.
*try their boat ride which was a memorable experience in lake PIchola

COns
*rooms could have been bit spacious
*Dinning buffet - yes it offered alot of variety but quality was bit towards lower side.may the trident Delhi food was way too much for me and i had same expectations from them too. yes the shakes were fantastic
*Air con was not chilling may it was too hot ( April'14)

to sum it up - a very memorable stay thanks alot Trident
i would definitely recommend anyone to goto Trident.

Feel free to ask anything about udaipur & trident

Room Tip: I think rooms on ground floor are much better ,they just have two decks of rooms. lower rooms had li...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asrian

Dear Guest,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I regret the inconvenience caused owing to smaller room size , quality of food and air conditioning. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome property with superb upkeep. Perfect getaway with family. Splendid rooms and the suite was even better. Los to do with kids including kids camp everyday. Take a walk in the morning to see peacocks up close. Food and service are wonderful. Only thing missing is a kids pool. Their pool is deep for kids to be on their own.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GMundra

Dear Guest,

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks once again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our children presented us with a holiday for my husband's birthday end May 2014.....at The Trident Udaipur....and we had such a lovely time, that when we got back home to Delhi I was "Trident Sick" as in "Homesick"....I was really missing it and wanted to go back.....Needless to say I am already planning a trip there very soon, this time with a few of our friends so that we can all enjoy the fabulous experience together.....to start with it is such a beautiful property with beautiful landscaped gardens...I am sure glad we asked for a Garden View Room and got that because the green was so soothing, morning, noon or evening....a room with a pool view in my opinion would not be a match to the changing colours of the lawns depending on the time of the day....the sprinklers watering the lawns...to add to it we had peacocks and peahens walking past our window morning and evening...it was majestic....The food served in the restaurant was fantastic....the breakfast buffet leaves you spoilt and the pampering by the ever smiling, helpful and courteous staff....wonderful....the first day as soon as we reached I was dying to have typical Rajasthani food and knowing heart of hearts that a five star hotel cannot churn out typical traditional tasty food I decided to test my luck and was I surprised...the tastiest Laal Maas and Baati I had that day...I am sorry to say that the same evening we went out and had laal maas again in a local restaurant which had been recommended to us by some people, it wasn't half as good as what we had at The Trident I can say the same for the Baatis....The next day we tried their Biryaani which was so good, and before I was served the biryani the staff serving me explained the dish to me and the process that went into the making of it...it was such a caring gesture with a personal touch...I regret not having tasted other things like Gatte ka curry because I am sure even that would have been great...have left it for the next visit...The staff was so good...they somehow got to know it was my husband's birthday and just as we were about to finish our breakfast they wheeled in a cake, lit a candle and sang for my husband...after that wherever we went the whole day people were wishing my husband...hotel guests who had observed the cake cutting ceremony in the morning, other hotel staff, the housekeeping department brought a bouquet of beautiful roses..it was one long celebration.....talking about housekeeping....immaculate service. ...they were the unseen and silent workers...one never got to see them, so unfortunately one never got to know their names but our room was tidied up every time we left and came back....superlative service nothing that one could ask for coz everything was taken care of...Swimming in the pool was such fun especially in the evening when the sun was not too strong....Just a walk around the property was so invigorating....so much for kids to do all organised by the hotel...we saw people with children there very happy ....truly a must do and must experience...Trident Experience..Am waitig to go back...

Room Tip: Room with a Garden View
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank archanakatariya

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at Trident hotels.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your stay at our hotels and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous comments.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best wishes!!!

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good location with great kids room hygienic and tasty food with lots of variety. Personally I haven't seen better service then trident. Rooms are good with all amenities required. Swimming pool is also cool it is fun overall staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Fahadmansuri

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Warm regards