“Gorgeous property!”

Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
Sacramento, California
“Gorgeous property!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is an exceptionally beautiful hotel! The grounds are well-kept and lush. The public areas are well-appointed and bright. The service was instantaneous!

Our room was typical of the Trident hotels we stayed in – clean and comfortable; the restaurant was of average quality – good, but not outstanding. The location of this hotel is very nice. Udaipur is very clean, and seems very safe.

Only complaint was the wifi. It wasn't very fast, and it was rather expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MayDayKay
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have noted your comment on internet speed . Your feedback has been shared woth the concerned department head to initiate corrective action.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

Best regards

amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at while travelling across the world for almost 21 years now. Lushgreen lawns, heritage look, Smiling and supportive staff, good food, picture perfect location....had a wonderful holiday with my family....Full recommendation....
Only thing is internet is not free in today's wi-fi internet free world, not even in lobby !!!

Room Tip: Rooms on garden side gives better view than the one facing entrance to hotel....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rakesh S
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

Please allow me to explain why there is a charge for internet at our hotel Quite a few hotels us provide an average speeds of 2MBPS for which there is no charge. We, at Trident Udaipur provide a speed of 10 MBPS for all our rooms.

This speed requires a set up that can be run by experts, and for this very reason we have hired a professional agency who provide an uninterrupted service to the hotel for your convenience.

This is the only reason that you find internet chargeable. May I also clarify that we have been advised that we lower down the speed and remove the charges, which we do not agree to as downloads taking thrice as much time can be quite a disturbance.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I am a frequent traveller and my experience at Trident Udaipur was Best among my last 3-5 years of travel. The property is so good and maintained even after my 10 yr previous stay , it looks it is new hotel and maintained and sustained its standard of its class. The team at Udaipur at their restaurant was just amazing. Housekeeping staff was just great with enthusiastic Avtar and Shasank. Was fun and memorable. Keep it up and see you soon.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are great and can see peacock from window.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to note that in the last 10 years of your stay with us that the hotel still looks new. Your words are testament to our commitment to ensure that our hotel is spotless and always fresh.

Your kind words of appreciation for Awtar and Shashank have been conveyed to them, for whom it is a source of inspiration to continue to deliver ever higher levels of guest satisfaction.,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It was a business visit to Udaipur and my first time check into Trident Udaipur. It has plush green lawns and the staff are very courteous to guest.
With Udai Villas within the same boundary walls, and entire courtyard kept clean it does give guest a wonderful feeling.

I have also got registered as a privilege member of Trident. Hope to stay and have such wonderful experience in all Trident hotels. Kudos to the entire staff and management of Trident

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur, hopefully on vacation with your family. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I travel for work quite frequently and of all the palces I've ever been, the Trident Udaipur has the best service I've ever experienced. As it was my first time in India, the front desk staff was very honest and helpful about what to do and what to stay away from. At every turn, there was a friendly face eager to greet you or offer to get you something. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked our next hotel at the Trident in Jaipur - our only regret is that we didn't do the same for the Agra piece of our trip!! Will definitely be back again and will only stay at Tridents!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amelia M
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Trident Udaipur is one of the best property for stay . A stretch of jungle has been maintained that gives good green cover and has well maintained lawns.. One can spot deer and peacock if really lucky. Staff are well mannered and well informed about the local attractions. Breakfast was limited and buffet dinner was expensive and not worth it . There are no open windows or balcony in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback on the breakfast buffet and dinner were of concern to me. I have shared your comments with my chef and have urged him to initiate corrective action.

Best regards

New Zealand
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Worst stay during our india tour
Old tired property...
Breakfast was limited and buffet dinner was expensive and not worth it
No views to the city, no open window or balcony
Some stuff was helpful
In general nothing special to return

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Dreamerworldtravel
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with regard to your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.
At the outset, please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

I have conveyed your feedback on the breakfast and dinner to the culinary team and they have been urged to look in to the feedback with the seriousness that it deserves. While we do not have any rooms that look in to the city you will appreciate the fact that we are conveniently located to access the city and the major sightseeing areas.

I would be grateful if you could elaborate on the inadequacies in the other services by writing to me at the below mentioned e mail id, for me to investigate and initiate appropriate remedial action.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards