“Made me pay a lot more due of scammy credit card exchange rates!”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
Naples, Italy
“Made me pay a lot more due of scammy credit card exchange rates!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

At check out I payed the bill by credit card and the lady at the reception desk set the paying device in "euro" (this was the first time after many hotels we have stayed in India that we payed by credit card in euro and not in rupees). The problem was that the exchange rate made by the hotel bank was 1 euro=75 rupees when the official exchange rate was 80 that morning ( checked on internet the same time when paying). This meaned that I payed the bill 10 euros more( a lot of money for India) so this made us very disappointed! The lady and her male colleague didin t fixed this situation when I told them that it was very strange that they made me pay in euro with this absurde rate and this made us even more disappointed.
Another bad thing about the hotel is that the burger meat that we ordered as in dining room dinner contained some strange spieces that were not mentioned in the in room menu. I told this to the chef and he thanked me for my feed back. I ate only half burger. A little discount on the pricy meal was appreciated, but it didn t came.
This hotel gave a lot of attention to service, but lacked on service in this 2 situations during our stay

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank napoletano234
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule and talking to us on the phone and letting me know about your experience.

I appreciate your specific and constructive feedback, interactions help us identify areas of opportunity and improvement, they also give us further insight into our guests’ expectations, so that we can not only meet but, exceed them in the future.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and also assists us in striving for higher levels of service excellence.

Please do not let your recent experience mar your impression about our hotel. I would request you to treat this experience in isolation and as non-representative of Trident experience. Please grant us another opportunity to give you a pleasant and memorable experience.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and our stay was very nice. We had requested for inter-connecting rooms and we were given the same. The prices were quite reasonable in this hotel as compared to their sister concern Udaivillas(the high end type) which is in the same compound. The rooms are not so big, but manageable. The hotel is situated close to the Lake Pichola, however, there is no lake view from this hotel. We had taken an exclusive boat trip(meant only for us) from the hotel which I found was a bit expensive as compared to the prices outside where we could hire at any jetty.There are a few restaurants which are walking distance from the hotel if you wish to eat out. Our children were given mocktail sessions (they were shown how to make mocktails) at their Udaivillas hotel and complimentary mocktails which they enjoyed. We were also given a tour of the Udaivillas hotel which was quite amazing. There is also a animal sanctuary in the hotel property where there are different birds and animals like deers, peacocks and wild boars which was an interesting addition to the hotel.The buffet breakfast was quite decent and we enjoyed the same. The staff was quite friendly and well mannered. Overall, our stay was comfortable and good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 243Jenny_D_12243
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is the third Trident Hotel we stayed in in India. Typically, these hotels have a high standard of service and facilities. Comfortable and clean rooms. Friendly and helpful service. The hotel is in a lovely setting in gardens close to the lake. Ample food is served in the dining room that overlooks the swimming pool and gardens. We were very well looked after during our 3 night stay and would be delighted to return. We actually chose a garden rather than a pool view room, and this did prove to be the quieter option. We have no complaints, and warmly commend this hotel to visitors. Photographs had given the impression that the hotel has lake views... and initially it was disappointing to realise that though close, the lake is only just visible from a few locations, but the quality of the hotel makes up for any lack of lake view. The gardens are beautifully kept too!

Room Tip: We found the garden-view rooms to be quieter than those looked out on the pool...though the latter r...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewA64
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a highly rated and wonderfully crafted review.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team. We are pleased that all aspects of service and the hotel met and exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Best regards
jaipur
Reviewed 25 August 2014

i along with my four cousins went to stay at the trident udaipur on the 22 august 2014 to 24 aug 2014 and believe you me it was one of the most beautiful experience that i have had at any hotel property.
the location of the property is perfect, it is on pichola lake and the building of the hotel is stunning with its heritage look.
right from the booking to our stay in suites 237 and 281 was just perfect.
the food was delicious and healthy too
i want to thank the genera lmanager amit and his entire team to make my trip one of the most memorable....

Room Tip: look at the ground floor and not the basement
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We have spent here 2 days. Even though the hotel is clean and nice, we had a terrible experience because it was full of Indian families (and consequently children) that have made noises till very late in the night. We tried to complain with the lobby but without any result.
I couldn't recommend it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luther3003
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you at the hotel. We have already put in place measures that we hope will alleviate this situation.

We will constantly monitor these processes and review where ever necessary.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Kind regards

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is an exceptionally beautiful hotel! The grounds are well-kept and lush. The public areas are well-appointed and bright. The service was instantaneous!

Our room was typical of the Trident hotels we stayed in – clean and comfortable; the restaurant was of average quality – good, but not outstanding. The location of this hotel is very nice. Udaipur is very clean, and seems very safe.

Only complaint was the wifi. It wasn't very fast, and it was rather expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MayDayKay
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments following your stay and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have noted your comment on internet speed . Your feedback has been shared woth the concerned department head to initiate corrective action.

Best regards

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at while travelling across the world for almost 21 years now. Lushgreen lawns, heritage look, Smiling and supportive staff, good food, picture perfect location....had a wonderful holiday with my family....Full recommendation....
Only thing is internet is not free in today's wi-fi internet free world, not even in lobby !!!

Room Tip: Rooms on garden side gives better view than the one facing entrance to hotel....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rakesh S
Dear Guest,

We were so happy to read your amazing comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We really appreciate your going out of the way to detail your stay and for taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. Thank you.

Please allow me to explain why there is a charge for internet at our hotel Quite a few hotels us provide an average speeds of 2MBPS for which there is no charge. We, at Trident Udaipur provide a speed of 10 MBPS for all our rooms.

This speed requires a set up that can be run by experts, and for this very reason we have hired a professional agency who provide an uninterrupted service to the hotel for your convenience.

This is the only reason that you find internet chargeable. May I also clarify that we have been advised that we lower down the speed and remove the charges, which we do not agree to as downloads taking thrice as much time can be quite a disturbance.

We do look forward to your return to our hotels in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks once again.