We were prepared for the opulence and grandeur of the Palace. We were delighted on arrival to be upgraded to a suite. Taj Palace staff are trained exceptionally well to delight their guests. On arrival, royal welcome, and thereafter everything gets taken care of in style.
On departure, a senior manager came to bid farewell. I thanked him and responded very seriously that "the Palace Service Manager of Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur cast this 'curse' on us four years ago that we truly enjoy everything at the Taj Palaces that we despise in everyday life - pomp, pageantry and extravagance".
His prompt reply was, "May this 'curse' continue and bring you back soon"! - touché
After Falaknuma, Hyderabad and AMAN New Delhi, the spa here was an apology (space and facilities wise), but the staff did their best to make us feel good, with treatments and personal attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace