Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$328
US$79
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
3,308 results
All reviewsrose petalslake palaceneel kamallily pondroyal umbrellajiva spaindian restaurantdance performanceheritage touronce in a lifetimelike royaltysunset cruiseheritage walkroyal suitemoment you arrivefairy taleunique hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This palace transformed in a hotel in the middle of Pichola Lake in Udaipur is amazing.
The size of the palace is smaller than one would think but it makes its charm even bigger.
We had a big room (although we were abundantly told it was a suite it was in fact just a big room, with a small bathroom and a terrace). with magnificently painted ceiling , and marble sculptures making you feel in a maharaja s palace.
With nice sunny weather we could enjoy a very pleasant pool and beautiful garden ( all on the small side but only saw a couple of other guests , so no crowds).
Experienced dining at the roof top restaurant (very cold at night) with great views of the surrounding palaces all lit up at night.
Hotel provides a so called "butler" service which however fails to meet its purpose ( no dedicated butler , more like room service with orders or request never quite understood or fulfilled)
Exceptionnal location which makes it a very nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rktripp
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Best hotel I've ever stayed in! The service, the food, the palace, the gardens, the heated pool, the room.. from the arrival to the depart everything was just perfect.. just wish I had stayed longer.
Would've liked to try the spa on the boat and the yoga sessions in the morning.. it will be for next time!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrishaK972
Reviewed 2 June 2013

A perfect hotel and stay. My expectations were sky high after reading all the reviews, and yet the hotel managed to surpass it all. From pick up at the airport to the level of care when my partner got 'delhi belly', the hotel service and execution was flawless. The Lake Palace holds a special place in my heart because it is where I proposed to my fiancee (and she thankfully said yes, but it would have been hard for her to say no given the setting!).

The only downside of staying at this hotel is that the bar for all my future hotel stays at any luxury hotel is so high, that I am likely to only be disappointed. I dont know what any other property could do to top the service and experience at the Lake Palace.

Tips for your stay:
1. Get a room facing the Lake. Work out whether your room has sunrise or sunset views to be sure to enjoy the view and colors at that time.
2. Walk through the main inner courtyard at dusk, after all the tealights have been light, and walk up the rooftop restaurant and look down at the courtyard. Incredible sight.
3. Have breakfast at the hotel - it is a magnificent buffet spread. Go down to breakfast really early and request the corner pagoda overlooking the city palace.
4. The shops in the city are much better priced and have a larger selection of touristy items/paintings than the shops in the hotel - not unlike most hotel shops.

Final words: While the hotel can be expensive in peak season (US$1000+), you'll never ever have buyers remorse. Just do it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mnm_phl
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our visit to the Taj Lake Palace Hotel was much anticipated and long-awaited. I heard of the Lake Palace many years ago, and my husband and I had hoped to book it for our honeymoon in 2006 but we were unable to get a room. Thus, my expectations and hopes for our visit were already quite high when I made my booking. The reality of our experience went beyond even what I had imagined.

First, when we arrived at the airport, the transfer to the hotel was organized perfectly. We were met by a hotel representative and were impressed by the luxury car sent to greet us, as well as the cold towels presented on a silver tray by the driver, and the menu of music given to us for our drive. The drive was easy, and our impression of driving up through the gates of the City Palace to the Lake Palace jetty was memorable, as was our approach to the hotel by boat and walk into the hotel amidst a shower of rose petals and traditional welcome. The check in process was seamless and it was clear that the hotel management was expecting our arrival as everything was waiting for us when we arrived. There was even a delicious cake for us in our room! Our room, facing the City Palace across the lake, was gorgeous, and we especially loved the window nook on the water. I would highly recommend the City Palace view rooms.

My husband and I both enjoyed the heritage tour of the hotel shortly after we arrived. We also had requested a private dinner by the Lily Pond on our first night. Sitting by the Lily Pond surrounded by candles and soft music, it was easily one of the most romantic meals of our lives. We appreciated the personalized attention we received by the Chef and the level of service by the wait staff. Throughout our stay, we were very impressed by the time taken by the wait staff and chefs to remember our food preferences and requirements, which we had sent in advance of our trip. It was as though each and every member of the staff had actually memorized the personal information we had sent! Neither my husband nor I have ever experienced that level of personalized attention.

The next day, the hotel organized a visit for us the City Palace. The guide sent by the hotel was excellent – easily one of the best guides we have had in any of our visits through India. Upon finishing, we were stuck in a down pour of rain. The hotel sent a car to pick us up and bring us back to the jetty. At the jetty, we were greeted by the General Manager for the hotel, who greeted us by name when we approached. We had planned a visit to the Royal Spa Boat that afternoon, but due to the rain, the visit was postponed until evening – which was actually quite lucky. Being on the spa boat at night, watching the lights of the city around and having massages, and enjoying the Jacuzzi and private deck, was wondrous.

Finally, just a word about the Lake Palace during monsoon. While I am sure that there are other lovely times to visit the Lake Palace, being in the middle of the lake during the rainy season is magical. There is nothing better than spending an afternoon watching the rain fill the lake, while sipping on some thoughtfully provided and delicious chai and scones.

Although it has been already almost a year since our visit, I feel like I could go on and on about our experience, and we very much hope to make another visit to the Lake Palace again soon! The experience made us big fans of the Taj luxury hotel brand.

Room Tip: City Palace Lake View room was gorgeous!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kavi1979
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Best hotel I ever stayed in my life. From the moment you arrive the hotel, you will feel like in a dream. Everything is perfect, from the jazmin scence to the flute musician above the Lily Pond.
If you are looking for a royal treat, this is the place, and dont forget you will sleeping in an old palace in the middle of an indian lake, what else can you ask more.
Book the Mewar Terrace for a private dining and taste the deliciuos rajastani plates.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple