If I were to say which was my "the most" favorite hotel in the world, then without batting an eyelid I would say Taj Lake Palace Udaipur! Five stars are just not enough to rate this magnificent gem!
Oh my god they really know what luxury and hospitality is all about! And they take it very very seriously .
I think they have totally about 87 rooms and what really got me is that they know the name of each and every guest. If any hotel staff crosses you first they stop greet you by your name and they allow you to first move on, they never show their backs to their guests ( an Indian tradition which most people don't understand)
I have been to many a five star hotels but never have I seen such genuine courtesy and gracious hospitality.
I was really taken aback by this aspect of theirs that they recognize each guest by name and face that I actually asked their GM how do you do this. What he told me was really simple, he said they were trained to serve each guest like a king , period.
The cultural shows in the evening by the courtyard are simply awesome. They show case the traditional arts and dances of Rajasthan , which have been around for more than 2000 years!
The food is one of the best Indian food I've ever had ( actually managed to get the recipe for a dish from the chef). Best if wines and liquor , you name it and they have it.
The sunset gondola ride in the lake is a must. You just have to relax and sip on the champagne and enjoy amazing sunset .
The rooms are something which most people have never seen. You have to remember that this was an actual palace made by a king as his outhouse, so the everything you touch is kingly.
Actual 500 year old marble and construction , which I should say the taj group has really conserved and maintained flawlessly.
All in all I would say that if you can afford $2500 for a two day stay of two then you SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD visit this place.
Visit this hotel and you actually feel like a VIP for the duration of your stay! No questions about that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace