“Best Hotel I've Stayed in...EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Lake Palace Udaipur

Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
NJ
“Best Hotel I've Stayed in...EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a 2 week trip throughout India.

We stayed in Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra, Cochin, Marari Beach, Munnar, and probably a few more cities I can't remember.

This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in the entire trip, not to mention that I've personally ever stayed in.

The service was impeccable, to the flower petal entrance, the cleaning service, the pool guys bringing fresh water and iced cucumbers, we felt so comfortable and welcomed. With out it being stuffy. It was this amazing service with zero attitude. Most times when I stay at a fancy hotel (which I normally prefer boutique hotels) I feel like they are super snotty and you don't get good bang for your buck, well not here.

Even the food was reasonably priced for a beyond luxury hotel. Breakfast was AMAZING and included in our stay. They even made us a boxed breakfast when we had to depart early one morning.

I still have the incense they gave us when we departed!

Room Tip: choose a lake view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KatieKate14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently got married and the events before and after the wedding had drained us out. So, I decided to gift my wife a short vacation trip and decided to start the new married life with royalty, hence I booked Taj Lake Palace.

We arrived on 22nd April and stayed for 3 nights. The outstanding hospitality started from Udaipur airport itself, when they sent a Jaguar to pick us up. The beautiful surprise which I kept from my wife was the welcome with flowers at the entrance of the hotel, this is where I felt, I hope I have given was she deserves. The wonderful & beautiful lady Ms.Neha escorted us to our room which was one of the original rooms during the hey days of the mahal. Being a lover of history, it was a perfect gesture for me.

The team was thoughtful enough to decorate the room with flower rangoli and had sweets and cake placed on the table behind a small cloth umbrella (called the lucky umbrella). Everything about the room was "Royal". I was even happier to see my wife enjoying the hospitality and the property, worth every rupee spent.

Luckily on the last day of our stay (after checking out), we decided to lunch at their restaurant 'Jharokha', again every dish we ordered was top notch. Luckily, we met the kind GM of the hotel Mr.Shyam Kaikini and had a wonderful discussion with him. Thanks to him and Taj's hospitality we were gifted the same cake that we got on the night we checked in.

Everything was special and it made my wife extremely happy (which I wanted), for which I am very thankful to everyone at Taj Lake Palace. Please accept my heartfelt regards and as promised we will visit the property again in November/December (Hope to get the same room).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Utk1
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The combination of the lake, the palace and the service makes it really one of the leading hotels in the world (and I stayed in some). The service is impeccable, from the reception, to the room service, bar, restaurant, etc. All neat and clean. The coordination of the motor boat service between the palace and the main land is well crafted, you never wait too long. The interior garden is really nice and the detail of flute live performance from above in the garden is magic. Another advantage is that you are walking distance from the City Palace, the city market, the Haveli museum and ghats,and the temples. It is worth every penny.

Room Tip: I do not think there are bad rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Damian O
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the moment you arrive at this palace till the moment you leave, all personnel is trying to give you the experience as if you are a royal/VIP. The atmosphere and surrounding is amazing, as well as the food. But by far the best element of this hotel/restaurant is the feeling/service they try to give you. It is expensive but it will exceed every expectation you have.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sophiehaverkamp
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

this hotel has an amazing approach and the hotel is really pretty and the food is also good but avoid going in summers because the lake starts to dry up so its not as much as fun as going in the winters or monsoon season.....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pun999
Ahmedabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to the hotel but the first time we stayed in the hotel. Starting with the reception at the boat jetty till the see off again it's a wholesome experience. The food is just great and hospitality is warm. The place has a quaint charm. Taj has made a true effort to recreate the erstwhile mewari ambience. It's value for money

Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel rightfully deserves its reputation as being one of the best in the world. Aside from the most breathtaking arrival by boat and a welcome which includes being showered with rose petals, Lake Palace is luxury at every turn. The rooms are simply beautiful, the staff subtle but ever present and ready to meet your every request. One evening we returned to our rooms to find that the chef had made personalised mud cake desserts for our family...

It was such a nyc place