We had a 2 week trip throughout India.
We stayed in Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra, Cochin, Marari Beach, Munnar, and probably a few more cities I can't remember.
This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in the entire trip, not to mention that I've personally ever stayed in.
The service was impeccable, to the flower petal entrance, the cleaning service, the pool guys bringing fresh water and iced cucumbers, we felt so comfortable and welcomed. With out it being stuffy. It was this amazing service with zero attitude. Most times when I stay at a fancy hotel (which I normally prefer boutique hotels) I feel like they are super snotty and you don't get good bang for your buck, well not here.
Even the food was reasonably priced for a beyond luxury hotel. Breakfast was AMAZING and included in our stay. They even made us a boxed breakfast when we had to depart early one morning.
I still have the incense they gave us when we departed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace