A very friendly welcome and the driver of the boat took our photo as we motored to the palace. Again we were made welcome with a cold drink and after the paperwork was completed we were taken to our room. We had a view of the beautiful city palace especially in the late afternoon where it glowed in the setting sunlight. We went to both restaurants and staff (including the chef) went out of their way to make our experience most enjoyable. In the evening we enjoyed martinis in the bar which the staff made perfectly the way we asked for.
The hotel is very beautiful and we went on the evening tour of the areas with explanations given.
This is more than a 5 star hotel. We were surprised to be told that all of our meals and drinks were 'on the house' on our last day at the hotel.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short time there and hope we will be able to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace