“This is everything that the Taj is, Raised to the power of 100”

Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
Ranked #2 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It will be very difficult to stay anywhere else once you've stayed at the lake palace. Steeped in history the only thing that matches the amazingness of this place is the group of people that work Here. The taj means service and the perfect personal touch but the team here take it to another level. If you come to udaipur do stay here, you will leave with the happiest memories and the self promise that you have to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Taj Lake Palace Udaipur

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I felt like a James Bond girl....when you arrive before taking the riva boat to cross...you already feel like you are in a movie...We had a suite upgrade as it was my birthday with a chocolate cake prepared especially for me...and a big bunch of red roses...what a gift and attention...check in is done in the room, the view is amazing, bathroom with an old bathtub, loved it. The spa is one of the best I have ever tried, I had a 3 hours treatment, the massage was wonderful.
The restaurant (indian food) is wonderful (try the Indian mix speciality), the bar is so relaxing.
Well again, Taj is making your dreams come true....well done!
PS: they even informed us when we checked in that our plane 2 days later was cancelled....we were so lucky to be informed as it allowed us to call our driver and ask him to finally drive us to our next destination....so one advice: when you confirm your bookings in India do not forget to give them your flights details...it can save you :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabi_nice
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When we reached at the Hotel, we already understand why the hotel is ranked number 1. Each and every staff shows their hospitality and sincerity. The rooms are very nicely designed, the beds are very comfortable, the bathroom simply helps you to wash off the tiredness of the day. The Room service was excellent, we can simply enjoy the tranquility. The TAJ LAKE PALACE one is surely best of the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pradeepnagrath
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel. The last time I was here was in 1999. If it is at all possible the experience this time was even more amazing than the last time. Our car from the airport dropped us off at this beautiful dock where we waited for the boat to take us to the hotel. Upon arrival we were showered with rose petals and a cold peach drink- heavenly in a hot, muggy day. We had a luxury room facing the City Palace- it's changing moods, the birds, the lake, etc were all stunning. We spent a large part of our visit in the luxurious room and simply gazed out at the palace. This is the only hotel I have visited where I did not want to leave the premises. We could have stayed in the hotel for our entire stay. The staff is super nice and anticipated our every need. Within minutes of our sitting by the pool some one would come and offer us ice cold nimbu paani (lemonade). At breakfast we sat by the window and once again had a spectacular view. In the evenings we were entertained by the local dancers and singers in the courtyard by the bar.

I truly felt like a princess in this hotel. It is very expensive to stay there but it is worth every penny. I am looking forward to my next stay there- hopefully it will be soon.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am writing this review sitting in one of the most beautiful hotel.. As I am overlooking another palace (City Palace) from my room I am in loss of words to describe the experience we are having for our stay.. Its out of the world!
We were greeted royally and felt like king of the royal period.. The staff is courteous, property amazing and the views simply breath taking.. One can gaze the palace for hours..

It was my Mom's birthday and when the staff came to know about it, they arranged for a surprise cake!

This by far has been the best stay ever for my family.. Loved the palace!

Time to check out now :)

Room Tip: Take the room on the first floor with a lake palace side view.. simply brilliant!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Shyam_Kaikini, General Manager at Taj Lake Palace Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Shashswat,

Thank you for your review – we are delighted you enjoyed your Taj Lake Palace experience.

My colleagues and I consider ourselves fortunate to have the opportunity to work in such a beautiful palace and make the acquaintance of wonderful guests. The view from your City Palace facing rooms is quite incredible and these are some of our most requested rooms.
I am glad to know that your mom had a memorable birthday, makes the experience even more special.

We look forward to welcoming you again and should you need any assistance with reservations at Taj Lake Palace or other Taj Hotels, please do write to me at lpugm.udp@tajhotels.com

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! This place is like nothing I've ever experienced nor thought possible! Boyfriend and I splurged here on out last night in India and I'm so glad we did. We were treated like royalty right from the moment we checked in (which was even more fabulous because we looked like scruffy Aussie backpackers!) The service was outstanding - so friendly and so much personalised attention to detail that I've never experienced before. So many added extras that made the experience even more special - from a free upgraded room; to a waiter providing us with printed information about one of the unusual Indian fruits we tried and enquired about at breakfast. The spa service was excellent too, I never want to wash that delightful fragrant oil off! Definitely a 6+ star hotel. Boyfriend and I have pledged to come back here again one day soon.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank ElwoodTigress
Shyam_Kaikini, General Manager at Taj Lake Palace Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Elwood Tigress,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for capturing all the little details so well.

Being fortunate to work in the magical setting of our 268-year old original historic palace, nothing makes us happier than reading about what makes it special for our guests.

Opened in 1746, the Lake Palace was once the summer palace of the Udaipur royal family. That rich heritage is kept alive even to this day by our associates who strive to at every moment to make guests feel like royalty

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Jiva Spa experience. Jiva Spa offers signature healing therapies that embrace India’s ancient heritage. Utilizing hand-blended herbs, essential oils, and natural creams, services include Mewar Khaas, a pre-bathing ritual based upon royal wedding-day practices.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We visited Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur earlier in July to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Simply amazed by the property with so much history related to it, loved the hospitality of staff, food and we had a luxury room which was large and very well furnished. I booked a candle light dinner at Mewar Terrace which was unbelievable in regard to the view, environment, food and the host, Amit, was really skilled and we had a joyful experience with him. Want also to thank Abdul for great follow up and great hospitality.

Overall, it's a experinece for life and we will certainly come back again. Will recommend this place to everyone out there who want's to experience luxury at very best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Javed S

Dear Javed S,

Thank you for your gracious compliments and for sharing your Taj Lake Palace experience.

With its setting in the middle of Lake Pichola and with the backdrop of the Aravalli mountains on one side and the City Palace complex on the other, the Lake Palace has on offer romantic dining experiences and the Mewar Terrace offers a spectacular vista. Amit and Abdul are delighted to see your review and it will doubtless inspire them.