We stayed at the Lake palace for two nights for our honeymoon and savoured every minute of it. The service was incredible. The view from the rooftop restaurant in the evening was breathtaking. The hindu prayers coming from the mandir (Jagdish) across the lake added to the surrealness of the atmosphere. We actually enjoyed the food of the Indian restaurant more than the rooftop restaurant, not to take away from the latter.
Only downside was the frigid temperature of the pool.
If you can handle the sticker shock of the price for even a night, it is definitely worth the experience, and it justifies its consistent high ranking in world travel magazines...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace