As long as you are willing to forfeit the gym (two treadmills snugly fitted in a room) and the pool (a cold puddle), this hotel is magic. The service is a bit fussy in typical Indian style, but it works. The rooms are nothing short of spectacular. The first night we were given "baby" sized rooms (i believe 110 and 111) but for the remaining nights we were moved to wonderfully spacious and beautiful rooms. Also, afternoon tea is wonderful, as is the 5-6pm afternoon dance.
Udaipur itself is quietly magic (and stands in sharp contrast to the tourist ripoff extravaganza that is Jaipur). The Lake Palace fits right in. I m returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace