“Excelente!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
colombia
“Excelente!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

We were received with rose petals when we got off the boat.It was my husband's birthday ,they sent him a cake roses and a card with a birthday wish. The room was painted with flowers along the ceiling. One of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Wat an experience dat was.. Located right in the middle of a lake.. four sides water.. we were transferred by a boat to the lake.. we were pleasantly surprised by the flowers that were showered from above upon us as we were entering d hotel.. Our room was absolutely fantastic.. a truly royal experience.. everything from the beds, sofa, mini bar and the bathrooms were just excellent.. d staff was super friendly.. der is a beautiful garden inside d hotel.. in d evening there was a cultural program organised which was again too good.. had a floating pontoon dinner right in between d lake where food and wine was being supplied by boats and served hot.. hope to b back der again very soon.. Well by d way.. all these experiences were not cheap.. be ready to have a big hole in ur pocket.. but the saty is worth it..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YesuY
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

In December 2010 we stayed in Lake palace hotel because our friends told us if we visit Udaipur then stay in this beautiful lake Palace hotel is must..
We stayed at the palace room, which had a wonderful balcony that overlooked the lake and the Arravali range in the background (the view of the sunset was beautiful).
A truely royal experience..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Cape Town - South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

What can I say .... just a DREAM COME TRUE experience. I had stayed at previous Taj's in India before I arrived at the Palace, on arrival the management gave us a complimentary upgrade to the Maharaja Suite ! HEAVEN ON EARTH.

Everything about this hotel is geared to the ultimate guest expereince, nothing is an effort and the location is perfect.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

First of all this hotel is located in Monroe mi, it’s an awesome location for travelers like me. We can just go down there enjoy the country environment and feel the nature. Second of all they do have a indoor heated swimming pool and spa, it was really nice and clean, the water was warmest I ever remember. I really enjoyed it, and also the morning hot breakfast made my day. Above all they let me extend my check out time with no extra cost.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

As long as you are willing to forfeit the gym (two treadmills snugly fitted in a room) and the pool (a cold puddle), this hotel is magic. The service is a bit fussy in typical Indian style, but it works. The rooms are nothing short of spectacular. The first night we were given "baby" sized rooms (i believe 110 and 111) but for the remaining nights we were moved to wonderfully spacious and beautiful rooms. Also, afternoon tea is wonderful, as is the 5-6pm afternoon dance.
Udaipur itself is quietly magic (and stands in sharp contrast to the tourist ripoff extravaganza that is Jaipur). The Lake Palace fits right in. I m returning to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Zazzzu
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

Okay... I don't usually spend so much on a hotel room but I kept questioning myself: "How often do you get the chance to visit Udaipur? How often do you get the chance to stay on a very small island?? How often do you get the chance to stay at a palace???" After a quick analysis of my finances it didn't take me too long to decide to splash out on a room at the Taj Lake Palace.

We had just one night at the Palace (1 January 2011) and then a couple more nights at a cheaper hotel in Udaipur.

In all honesty we didn't really get to utilise all the facilities that we could/should have. We didn't use the antique car service… I really wanted to but we had our own driver drop us off. I didn't go to the yoga session… I really wanted to but the bed was too comfortable. I didn’t use the spa facilities… I really wanted to but the pool had me in its lap. I didn't do the organised tour of the hotel… I really wanted to but the view from the roof terrace had me in a trance.

We did do the lake cruise… which you need do only once. We did have lunch on the roof terrace… the food was good but it's the view that is so amazing and special. We did have dinner in Neel Kamal… the hotel's Indian restaurant and the food and service was just fantastic. We did have breakfast (included in the room rate)… the view from our breakfast table was outstanding and the food was great.

We did swim in the pool... in fact, we swam several times. These were my only swims during this trip to India... and it wouldn't have mattered if the pool was freezing as I was determined to enjoy the pool and that view. Happily, the pool is heated to a perfect temperature. I know I will remember the pool and that view until I am a very, very old man.

The Lake Palace is a truly great place to stay. Sure it's done up to within an inch of its 5 star rating... sure, there might be a little too much glamour for some... sure, it's expensive. James Bond fans (it was an Octopussy location) will probably love it; devotees of "shabby chic" will probably hate it. Travellers who want to take some time out to rest and recuperate in absolute luxury will love it; time-constrained travellers wanting to visit all the sights in and around Udaipur will probably not have time to enjoy all that the hotel has to offer.

If I had my time over (or if I ever go back) I would stay there two nights... just so I could really soak up the luxury. I must also mention the staff, who were always fantastic and very helpful (by way of example, I had been having loads of trouble cancelling some forward Delhi accommodation that I no longer needed… the Lake Palace staff took my problems away and sorted them all out for me).

Now about the cost factor... a friend once told me I shouldn't stress about spending more on certain things and that you should always dilute monetary concerns with the following question: "In 10 years time will you remember how much it cost?" 10 years??? It's 14 days since I stayed there and the bill has been paid, gone and is almost forgotten. There are no regrets.

I absolutely love Udaipur and I completely adore the Taj Lake Palace.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends