The Oberoi Udaivilas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
  • Restaurant
Sargam Sadan(Udaipur)
  • Restaurant
Amet Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Breakfast included
2,057 results
All reviewssemi private poolspa poolankush mahajanlake picholapremier roomthe general managerrose petalswildlife sanctuarybest hotels in the worldbeautiful hotelcity palaceimpeccable serviceboat ridetreated like royaltyroyal experienceonce in a lifetimewild boar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We think we now know what it was like for Kate Middleton when she moved from her home to the royal palace, servants everywhere, attended on hand and foot and living in the lap of luxury. That is the experience Udaivilas created for us. Magnificent building and views and incredible service and attentiveness. The range of dishes both Indian and Western was exceptional and the quality of both cuisines first class. Even the chefs come out to check you are happy with everything. The staff are so well educated, excellent English and informative with educated views on a whole range of topics. There were times when we just wanted them to sit down and talk to us! On top of all of that we were given a very informative guide who really knew his history both local and national. Overall - terrific value for money. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

It has been our constant endeavor to serve you with royal services to make your holiday a journey into the romance and grandeur of another century. I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and it encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back for another “fantastic experience” and a longer stay.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Breathtaking...stayed at the palatial private pool villa :-) ... superb ... its huge! had gone there with my wife to celebrate her birthday and i couldn't have picked a better choice...its out of this world...we were treated like royalties by each and every member of their staff. Service is extremely customized & its top-notch. Food is to die for. :-))) Fantastic Spas in unbelievable surroundings.

Room Tip: Private pool villas
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mihirvarma

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review our property.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our accommodation and services. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It has been our constant endeavor to personalize our services and we strive to deliver the best service and attention always.
The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed in this Oberoi in January, 2012 as part of our tour to India. The service was the best I have had anywhere. We were escorted to our room by staff and they wished us both Happy
Birthdays as my husband and I both have January birthdates. We opened the door to a beautiful room complete with a birthday cake. And then we were led to the bathroom which had a drawn warm bath, filled with rosepetals and lit floating candles!!! It was a moment that I will always remember with much fondness. The entire staff was attentive and gracious. I would definately go back to this beautiful hotel in a heartbeat and I would add more stars if I could!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SoCalcruisegal
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out and for sharing your experience.
I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Your appreciation of our performance is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.
My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

In the most recent T+L 500, this property ranks #4. I'm not sure how that is possible, as I can't imagine a better hotel. Between us, our group had stayed at a number of the hotels in the top 100, and none were even close to the Oberoi. We were deciding between the Oberoi and the Taj Lake Palace, and a relative of one of our travel companions recommended the Oberoi. It was definitely the right decision.

The property is stunning, from the moment that you arrive by boat to the jetty, to the entrance courtyard, to the lobby, to the hallways, and finally to the room. There are incredible views of the lake and the city from many different vantage points in the hotel; my favorite was from a three sided nook in the bar. Interior design nuts will love this place. Most if not all common rooms have beautiful domed ceilings with unique embellishments for each one; I wanted to take all of the antiqued brass doors home with me; the tile work was beautiful; and the furniture and decorative items were all eye catching. In short, everything was in excellent taste.

We had a garden room, which was quite spacious, with a large sitting room and two beds. Large bathroom with a nice soaking tub.

Since we had a garden room, we sadly did not have the semi private pool outside of our room. Luckily, there is an infinity pool adjacent to the spa that has the absolute best views of the lake and the property's gardens. And the pool was never crowded, despite the fact that the hotel was full. There is also another pool, but that one does not have a view of the lake, so why bother? One note is that we stayed here at the beginning of January, and the water in the pool was cool but no problem for a dip.

The hotel is set on park-like grounds, with excellent landscape architecture. There are hammocks hidden around for lazing. Various wildlife runs about. There are no mosquitoes here (though there are plenty in Udaipur; this was actually quite the mystery).

The service here was excellent. We had a number of requests involving dinners elsewhere and transportation, and everything ran smoothly.

The spa is first rate. As a guy, I can't tell you about wraps or masks, but I do know and appreciate a good massage. I tend to prefer a harder massage, and the spas at many nice properties can be a bit gentle, but the masseuses at the Oberoi definitely packed a punch. Do not be fooled by their petiteness.

Their is a very strong aura of tranquility here. As noted by another reviewer, the hotel seems half empty most of the time, but when you go to dinner, you can tell that the place is actually full.

The bar here is open 24 hours, if you are a night owl.

If there was anything that was less than spectacular, it was the food, which was still quite good. For breakfast, there was a somewhat limited cold buffet, and you could choose one hot item for no charge; each additional hot item was extra. I thought this was a rather odd place to cut corners, as food is relatively inexpensive in India. Every other five star that we stayed at in India had an expansive selection and you could eat to your stomach's content. In addition, we ate dinner once at the outdoor restaurant, ordering the Indian and Rajastani thalis. While the food was good, we had better food at the Taj Lake Palace and also at the City Palace terrace. The food was expensive for India but moderate compared to the US ($50 for prix fixe).

We checked out the Taj Lake Palace for a meal, and although the food was excellent, I'm glad that we stayed at the Oberoi. The Taj certainly has historical interest, being an actual former palace, and the bones and structure are beautiful, but there is a bit of patina to the place, to put it euphemistically. Much of the decor seemed shabby and frayed (and from the 1970s); even the employees' uniforms looked a bit threadbare. There was a general sense that the place was not terribly well maintained (unlike other historical hotels in India, such as the Imperial). This was from what I observed from the common areas and the dining room, I did not see a guest room.

If there is any place that you should splurge in India, this is it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank david809

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience in such great detail and for your kind words of appreciation.
I am extremely delighted to know that our services have made your stay memorable and one of the best stay in India. Your compliments about our rooms, grounds, staff are really very special for us.
We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

During our travel to India, my friends and I stayed at the Oberoi Hotels in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur. Needless to say, the Oberoi hotels are all beautiful with excellent service. I have to say though that the Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur is exceptional, a truly a stunning property with spectacular views of the lake and surrounding areas. What an experience to arrive by boat and to be welcomed with a shower of rose petals as we entered the property. The service is impeccable..there is nothing impossible as far as the staff is concerned. they are there to please the guests no matter what time of day or night. if there is a rating beyond excellent, this hotel deserves it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darlene T

Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. The boat ride through lake Pichola is one of the unique experience of Udaipur. As Udaipur is known as a city of lakes so one should definitely feel the ambience and charm of Lake which is surrounded by the old city on the shore, with a backdrop of green hills and scattered islands.
Your kind words of appreciation about our product and services are truly appreciated. The highly motivated and well trained staff is a distinctive feature of Udaivilas, who provide attentive, personalized and warm service. They were pleased to know that their efforts were so well recognized.
It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects and we value it a lot. Thank you once again.
we are looking forward to your returning soon.